DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Supernatural -- Season Premiere -- "I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here" -- 10/08/13 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/614322-supernatural-season-premiere-i-think-im-gonna-like-here-10-08-13-a.html)

DJariya 10-08-13 09:57 AM

Supernatural -- Season Premiere -- "I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here" -- 10/08/13

http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/En....ms.092313.jpg

Synopsis:

"I Think I'm Gonna Like it Here" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

FALLEN ANGELS - Dean (Jensen Ackles) is frantic after Sam (Jared Padalecki) collapses and the doctor tells Dean his brother won't make it. Desperate, Dean sends out an all points bulletin via prayer to every angel in the area, asking them to help his brother. In exchange, Dean will owe that angel a favor. Numerous angry angels race to find and kill Dean, but one, Ezekiel (guest star Tahmoh Penikett), gets to him first. Meanwhile, Sam fights for his life and must face some familiar demons to do so. Castiel (Misha Collins) struggles to survive without powers. John Showalter directed the episode written by Jeremy Carver (#902).

23 episode 9th season

New night. Won't have Arrow as a lead-in, so I expect a small ratings decline.

slop101 10-08-13 10:18 AM

Re: Supernatural -- Season Premiere -- "I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here" -- 10/08/13

Show should've ended with season 5.

wmansir 10-08-13 10:26 AM

Re: Supernatural -- Season Premiere -- "I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here" -- 10/08/13

They better have a "the road so far" because I'm completely blanking on most of last season and where it ended.

Pointyskull 10-08-13 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by wmansir (Post 11864582)
They better have a "the road so far" because I'm completely blanking on most of last season and where it ended.

Angels falling out the sky...men of letters...secret hideout....Abbadon...assorted nonsense....

Pointyskull 10-08-13 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by slop101 (Post 11864572)
Show should've ended with season 5.

Agreed - yet I still watch. I barely made it through last season, and I actually just finished up a couple of weeks ago.

PhantomStranger 10-08-13 02:29 PM

I think they've finally hit upon the correct characters to keep around all season. Castiel and the king of Hell have been the only bright spots the past three seasons.

TGM 10-08-13 03:03 PM

can't wait. still love this show.

chrisih8u 10-09-13 01:02 AM

I was digging this episode until Sam got possessed and now they have to keep it a secret from Sam. So he will find out, get pissed and they will have yet another spat. How many more times are they going to do that storyline?

Holysmoker 10-09-13 01:03 PM

I was happy to see Bobby again.

DJariya 10-09-13 01:04 PM

Highest ratings last night in 3 seasons. 2.5M viewers and 1.2 in demos.

DJariya 10-11-13 04:06 AM

Interesting start.

Not a huge fan of this Falling Angel arc, but at least it keeps the show somewhat serialized to satisfy those of you who don't like Monster of the week.

It was cool to see Bobby again, although temporary.

:thumbsup: Good to see Misha Collins back as a series regular. Even though he's human for now, I love the chemistry he has with the boys.

"When I get off this call, I'm going to stab you." :lol:

I feel like I see Tahmoh Penikett guest starring in every fucking show that films in Canada. He was on Continuum's 2nd season this past summer. He was also on Arrow, The Killing, Haven etc.

malichai 10-15-13 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by chrisih8u (Post 11865620)
I was digging this episode until Sam got possessed and now they have to keep it a secret from Sam. So he will find out, get pissed and they will have yet another spat. How many more times are they going to do that storyline?

Finally picked this off my DVR tonight and felt exactly the same. I'm hoping Carver subverts our expectations and surprises us with how they handle this, because if it is the same rehashed stupid storyline it'll be incredibly irritating.

Rex Power Colt-Robot Man 10-16-13 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 11868080)
Interesting start.

Not a huge fan of this Falling Angel arc, but at least it keeps the show somewhat serialized to satisfy those of you who don't like Monster of the week.

It was cool to see Bobby again, although temporary.

:thumbsup: Good to see Misha Collins back as a series regular. Even though he's human for now, I love the chemistry he has with the boys.

"When I get off this call, I'm going to stab you." :lol:

I feel like I see Tahmoh Penikett guest starring in every fucking show that films in Canada. He was on Continuum's 2nd season this past summer. He was also on Arrow, The Killing, Haven etc.

TV Challenge! Try to catch eps of "Edgemont" and see how many current shows Canadian guest stars you can spot!

PhantomStranger 10-16-13 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 11866142)
Highest ratings last night in 3 seasons. 2.5M viewers and 1.2 in demos.

This show is going to be on for 20 years.:lol: