Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Homeland - "Uh... Oh... Ah..." - 10/6/13

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-13, 02:30 PM

Received 4,580 Likes on 3,100 Posts
Homeland - "Uh... Oh... Ah..." - 10/6/13

Episode Synopsis: Saul attempts to track down those responsible for the Langley attack and recruits an unlikely expert to follow the money trail. Meanwhile, Quinn takes matters into his own hands; Carrie learns who is really on her side; and the Brody family turn to therapy to mend their broken household.
Old 10-06-13, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Homeland - "Uh... Oh... Ah..." - 10/6/13

I assume the title refers to Carrie screwing Brody (or someone else) again.
Old 10-06-13, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

They're venturing into 24 minor character bullshit again.
Old 10-06-13, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Can we get the brain surgeon on this show to take care of a few characters?

We seriously just need this show to shift toward Quinn. He and Saul are the best thing on this show by a country mile.

Last edited by Deftones; 10-06-13 at 10:47 PM.
Old 10-07-13, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,198 Likes on 4,225 Posts

Really dull, disappointing episode. Easily the worst in the show's run so far. Hope things pick up double-quick from here. I don't think the worst 24 episode was that boring.
Claire Danes already has two Emmys for playing crazy Carrie; time to explore something else now.
Old 10-07-13, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I'm just not sure what the payoff to her going nutballs is going to be this time.
Old 10-07-13, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm guessing the episode title is referring to her attempting to say "Fuck you Saul" at the end?
Old 10-07-13, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Guess I am in the minority, as I liked this episode quite a bit. I am as tired of crazy Carrie as anyone (should not have one another emmy) but I thought the episode was more grounded and realistic than a lot of recent Homeland episodes have been. And I like the new analyst minor character. It is sad how we still treat mental illness.
Old 10-07-13, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

I think this was the "let's make sure Claire gets another Emmy next year" episode.

Does anyone else think a CIA director could never get away with the wrinkled, rolled-up sleeves look that Saul does in every show? Former chief Estes wore a suit every day, dammit!

This episode had one of the few scenes I really enjoyed Dana in - when she told her mom that Brody was crazy.

Never thought I'd say this, but I think this series actually NEEDS Damian Lewis full-time. The last two shows have suffered from his absence.
Old 10-07-13, 08:17 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Thought this was ok, after last years off the rails season, its nice to take it slow and get this thing grounded again. Liked the new analyst.
Old 10-07-13, 08:58 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Agreed that Brody needs to come back. While his plotlines are a bit of a stretch at times (understatement?), it's turning out to be quite dull w/o him.
Old 10-07-13, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the minority here, really enjoyed this episode. Very curious to see where we are going, because I have an idea, but I think that is a red herring.
Old 10-07-13, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts

A few of thoughts:

1. I really hope they don't make Dana into a terrorist. Seems to credibility-stretching.

2. I don't see how Carrie could ever be employed by the CIA again. She's completely unstable. Don't where they're going with her character or what the long-term gameplan is.

3. Saul seemed like a real dick to Fara about her hajib. Seemed out of character for him; this is the guy who prayed for a dead terrorist, and now he's jumping on the polite analyst that was just hired? I know he's under stress with his work and marriage, but that seemed sort of out left field.

4. I do like Quinn. He's developing into an interesting character.
Old 10-07-13, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

I really wish Dana had killed herself.

Like the new character, Farah. That's my sister's name.
Old 10-07-13, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
A few of thoughts:

1. I really hope they don't make Dana into a terrorist. Seems to credibility-stretching.

2. I don't see how Carrie could ever be employed by the CIA again. She's completely unstable. Don't where they're going with her character or what the long-term gameplan is.

3. Saul seemed like a real dick to Fara about her hajib. Seemed out of character for him; this is the guy who prayed for a dead terrorist, and now he's jumping on the polite analyst that was just hired? I know he's under stress with his work and marriage, but that seemed sort of out left field.

On 1: If they do that, I'm done. I already inch toward the FF button when she is on-screen, but that changes it to the stop button.

On 2: Employed "again"? How about "ever" is the real question. Her character is (unintentionally) comically unstable.

On 3: It felt out of line for Saul, but considering the stress he is facing from several directions of his life seems somewhat understandable. Regarding the analyst, I do see possibilities with her character, especially if it means less Carrie and Dana.

On 4: Quinn (and the CIA operational stuff) is really the only part of the show I have enjoyed this season. Anything Carrie or especially "Twilight: The Series" focused has been a complete waste of time IMO.
Old 10-07-13, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

A few of thoughts:

I agree with all of your points. The first one would be beyond ludicrous. It's a shame that this show didn't follow the first season's path, it seems to be getting more ridiculous as each season passes.
Old 10-07-13, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Liked the introduction of Farah, didn't like how an 8 day on the job analyst jumped right into questioning the banker when the head of the CIA is right next to her.
Old 10-07-13, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 592 Posts

The unstable Carrie story line is getting too much use... again.

I wasn't sure if they made Carrie constantly crying (or about to) the result of her being bi-polar or not - but she seems to cry when she's on her meds anyway. They need to make her character stronger - even if she's unstable/crazy.

Then we have Farrah and I'm thinking maybe they'll make her a strong female character - and in her second scene she cries because Saul hurt her feelings.
Old 10-07-13, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

They should've dropped Brody's family when they could have. Now that they've committed to them (which obviously means he's coming back), well, I don't know what, because they're not going to be able to salvage anything from this train wreck of keeping actors on a payroll.
Old 10-08-13, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Is the episode title supposed to be Dana's moaning or something?
Old 10-08-13, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

He wasn't criticizing her hajib; he was telling her that she was too passive. He was telling her that her hajib will make her a bigger target if her work is crap. It was a motivational speech, not criticism.
Old 10-08-13, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I also think that this season is starting better than the previous season. If they can do something with Carrie this can be a good season.

Quinn is great.
Old 10-08-13, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 915 Likes on 675 Posts

I'm not a fan of the show's lean towards being character driven rather than a mission to find/capture someone. They've kinda hit a roadblock with Carrie. There's no way they can have her re-enter the CIA in any capacity and have it be even the slightest bit believable. The only solution I can see is her going rogue and teaming up with Brody.
Old 10-08-13, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

I still enjoy the show because it always takes a turn in the story that keeps you on your toes, but I will say I do take it with a grain of salt because no way would Carrie be able to act that crazy and still be around in the CIA.

Homeland's problem is what happens to many TV shows and movie franchises that have great original premises, but aren't written with a longer arc. The first season of Homeland was as good as a TV show can get, but now you can see they are just writing on the fly and that is why each season now seems more and more outrageous. The same thing happens with movie franchises as the original movie is great, and then the sequels and prequels start to get ridiculous because the story-arc was never planned to go that far.

I know people are annoyed with Dana, but the show keeps me on the edge of my seat for an hour, so I'm sticking with it.
Old 10-08-13, 10:43 AM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
We seriously just need this show to shift toward Quinn. He and Saul are the best thing on this show by a country mile.
Agree 1000%.

What's even the plot this season? Something about a bank? Boring, so far. I fast-forward the "family" scenes. Enough with that already.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.