DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Castle -- "Dreamworld" -- 9/30/13 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/613975-castle-dreamworld-9-30-13-a.html)

DJariya 09-30-13 02:23 AM

Castle -- "Dreamworld" -- 9/30/13

http://imageshack.us/a/img5/8209/rdme.jpg

Synopsis:

Lisa Edelstein (House) Guest Stars

"Dreamworld" - Continuing from the season premiere episode, Beckett races against time to find a stolen toxin capable of killing tens of thousands of people. To make matters worse, Castle was exposed, leaving him with less than 24 hours to live, on "Castle," MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 30 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Castle" stars Nathan Fillion as Richard Castle, Stana Katic as NYPD Detective Kate Beckett, Susan Sullivan as Martha Rodgers, Molly Quinn as Alexis Castle, Penny Johnson Jerald as NYPD Captain Victoria Gates, Tamala Jones as Medical Examiner Lanie Parish, Jon Huertas as NYPD Detective Javier Esposito, and Seamus Dever as NYPD Detective Kevin Ryan.

Guest Cast: Lisa Edelstein as Rachel McCord, Yancy Arias as Carl Villante, Jocko Sims as Matt Hendricks, Myko Oliver as Pi, Michael Bofshever as Dr. Goldberg, Glenn Morshower as Secretary Michael Reed.

"Dreamworld" was written by David Grae and directed by Tom Wright.

JimRochester 09-30-13 02:25 PM

Re: Castle -- "Dreamworld" -- 9/30/13

I liked part one but I think they made him too stupid. Yes he's a bit immature but he seemed so clueless as to what could happen to Beckets job. He only got to help in NY initially cause of the mayor. He has no such pull in DC. I was surprised he would just jump right in with both feet like that

danfindlay 09-30-13 05:03 PM

I don't think he was stupid, I just think he believes he can charm his way out of any situation.

Deftones 09-30-13 05:24 PM

Hopefully Castle doesn't die! ;)

danfindlay 09-30-13 05:31 PM

I'll never watch another episode again if he does!

JimRochester 09-30-13 08:15 PM

Will they still call it Castle, or will they call it NYPD Becket?

moviefan2k4 09-30-13 11:53 PM

I liked the episode; it kept me on my toes for sure. I teared up a bit when Castle spoke to Martha and Alexis, because it made me wish I had one more chance to talk to my Grandma. :(

outlander78 10-01-13 06:38 AM

I'm glad Castle and not his daughter or mother were poisoned. If one of them had been, it would have been a tense show, because they COULD have been killed off. When the lead is poisoned in the first show of a new season, it's just a puzzle to see how the writers save him - interesting without the tension.

I assume next week things will get back to normal - I'm looking forward to the usual cast and formula returning. With such great cast members, chemistry and humour, I hate to see time wasted on temporary characters and locations.

B5Erik 10-01-13 07:27 AM

I thought it was a really good episode - better than the season opener. I enjoyed it a lot. Well written and, of course, Fillion and Katic were great.

And the seeds were planted for Beckett's return to the NYPD (which should probably happen before Christmas, and maybe as early as next week).

pelenor 10-01-13 10:41 AM

I was hoping that Castle's father would make a return and save his son. But I still thought it was good. :)

rfduncan 10-01-13 11:24 AM

This show is starting to bore me. I love the actors and the dialogue, but the stories are getting tired. Now they're just sort of spinning their wheels until they can write Beckett back into the NYPD.

outlander78 10-01-13 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by rfduncan (Post 11855241)
This show is starting to bore me. I love the actors and the dialogue, but the stories are getting tired. Now they're just sort of spinning their wheels until they can write Beckett back into the NYPD.

That's how I felt the moment she left NY. Once you know that her new partner has a three show contract, you even know roughly when she is coming back.