TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Homeland -- Season Premiere -- "Tin Man Is Down" -- 9/29/13

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-13, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,190 Likes on 4,217 Posts
Re: Homeland -- Season Premiere -- "Tin Man Is Down" -- 9/29/13

Originally Posted by mcnabb
She was on Jimmy Kimmel the other night and was 8 months pregnant. She said she was pregnant most of the filming for Season 3, and they hid it for most scenes.
Booooo! Well, we'll always have the pilot episode.

Yeah, I wasn't feeling the premiere much either last night (this is the first time I've watched the show live after buying the Blu Rays for S1 and S2). I like the concept of dealing with aftermath and recriminations, but it did seem to drag a bit. I hope they're going somewhere satisfying with Saul since I think he's the soul of the show and I'd be pissed if they just turn him into Estes 2.0. I won't mind a "Carrie hits rock bottom" storyline as long as they don't dwell on it too long. Will stay with the show this season but that wasn't the rollicking season premiere that introduced all sorts of intriguing new possibilities like they gave us for Season 2
Old 09-30-13, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
The family stuff needs to go. Plain and simple.
I agree. Otherwise, I enjoyed the episode.

I have to think the Senator is up to no good.
Old 09-30-13, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo
So, you're a pedophile?
No far from it... but if the actress is of age and just playing a minor. I dont mind nakedness...
Old 09-30-13, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I agree. Otherwise, I enjoyed the episode.

I have to think the Senator is up to no good.
They certainly had some fortunate timing with all the NSA allegations going around right now. Brings that storyline right into todays news.
Old 09-30-13, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
BTW, I thought it was Carrie's mission to prove the love of her life was innocent, yet she picks up some random dude in the liquor store and gets it on.
It wasn't entirely a random dude. From his hair and overall appearance I'd say she was reminded of someone.
Old 09-30-13, 10:22 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

So, you're a pedophile?
Mod Note: You've been warned about personal attacks before. Consider this your final warning.
Old 09-30-13, 10:57 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
Mod Note: You've been warned about personal attacks before. Consider this your final warning.
Aye, aye, Captain.
Old 10-01-13, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

After the uneven and somewhat mediocre season 2, I thought this premiere ep was pretty solid.

Liked they are throwing Carrie under the bus and she is gonna have to work hard to crawl out from this one. Patinkin is a strong enough actor and character on this show to carry it without Brody.

Also, the family stuff, mainly the daughter is not great, but it is a necessary item. The fallout from a domestic terrorist and how it affects hsi family is a legit storyline. I can do without the teenage boyfriend/girlfriend nonsense tho...
Old 10-01-13, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

[QUOTE=DJariya;11853471]-

BTW, I thought it was Carrie's mission to prove the love of her life was innocent, yet she picks up some random dude in the liquor store and gets it on.

QUOTE]

Dude totally fit the profile of Brody 100%
Old 10-01-13, 07:01 PM

[QUOTE=Groucho;11854661][I]Mod Note: You've been warned about personal attacks before. Consider this your final warning.[/

Yay! As a frequent, yet lurking, member of these forums, Dragon Tattoo NEVER posts anything of value. This whole board would be better of without this person.
Old 10-01-13, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

Hey, Zach Hamilton from Dexter is on this show? Can't believe I didn't realize at all while watching Dexter that he is also in Homeland.
Old 10-01-13, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

He's a new character.

who will get killed by the brain surgeon.
Old 10-01-13, 07:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Watched this twice. The leaked version and then I got the final version. It was pretty neat to have been able to see that unfinished copy.

The Brody family is just so boring to me and I wish they would just move on to something else. If Brody is still around after this season then I'm probably done with this.

I have a feeling that the guy that Dana likes has ulterior motives for that family. I think he let the press know Dana was there and later he will do something with that pic she sent. Why should we care about this? Dont know. We probably shouldn't. Liked that Brody wasn't in this, hated that
Spoiler:
we saw him in the preview.
The stuff that is going down with the CIA has a lot of interest to me as well as the kickass Quinn. Really cool character that I hope they continue to do good stuff with.
Old 10-01-13, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by anomynous
He's a new character.

who will get killed by the brain surgeon.
huh, thought he was on the show last year as well.
Old 10-01-13, 09:13 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=clintilona;11855903]
Originally Posted by Groucho
[I]Mod Note: You've been warned about personal attacks before. Consider this your final warning.[/

Yay! As a frequent, yet lurking, member of these forums, Dragon Tattoo NEVER posts anything of value. This whole board would be better of without this person.
And then clintilona went back to lurking, while complaining about someone never posting anything of value.

Irony, you've been met and slapped in the face.
Old 10-01-13, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 846 Likes on 591 Posts

The family stuff is a drag. It's fine to have side-plots and stuff about family, but make it interesting at least. And someone should remind the writers Brody has a son as well. What's his name anyway?

Speaking of the son, he shot up like 6 inches in the 2 month timespan of the show. He towers over Dayna now. Funny how the family picture on Dayna's desk is obviously recent, as the son is today's height.

I agree that the show is limited with the whole Brody traitor thing. If they plan on doing more seasons and want to keep the Brody character - at least make him part of the CIA or something so they can keep him while working on other operations.

I hope we don't see more of Carrie's falling apart and then later vindicated as she proves she was right to everyone. Of course I'm pretty sure that's what's going to happen again.
Old 10-01-13, 11:17 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

I think I only care about Saul and Quinn at this point. Was underwhelmed with the season premiere.

(still adjusting to the fact that the TV bar was set just a bit lower now that BB has ended).
Old 10-02-13, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

So, you're a pedophile?
Yep, ogling af 19 year old is being a pedophile.

Ok first episode but like everyone else I'm sick of Brody's family.
Old 10-02-13, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm sticking with this show but I'm not all that into it anymore. The premiere was just ok. The family stuff wasn't good. I found myself picking up my tablet during all their scenes.

The really cool part was the mission. I like the Quinn character a lot. I also like that Saul threw Carrie under the bus. Saul was right and Carrie is a mess.

I have no sympathy for Carrie anymore. First season I felt for her because she was a mess but she was also very right. She's probably right again but I don't have sympathy for her after all the stupidity last season.

It looks like they hit the reverse reset button on the show. Instead of Brody being a hero and Carrie doubting him, he is now a terrorist with Carrie doubting that. Just like in the first season Carrie will mostly have to run her operation without the help of the CIA.

Originally Posted by DJariya
I'm getting tired of this cliche. It seems that whenever a woman on any TV show starts to lose it or becomes unhinged they push home the point by having her bang a stranger. It's just silly and it seems to be a go-to cliche lately.
Old 10-04-13, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

I guess I'm in the minority - I don't mind the "family" stuff as a secondary storyline. With all the Brody stuff going on it's natural to show how they are living.

Did S02 have Dana attempting suicide - or was that a "this happened in the two months since the S02 finale"? My memory is fuzzy, and the "previously on" made no mention of it (as far I noticed)...
Old 10-04-13, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

It happened off screen between seasons
Old 10-04-13, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought it was a completely lackluster episode save for Saul and F. Murray Abraham's character having ample screen time.

I guess I was hoping for a crazy side-twist to be revealed right away with Quinn being in on something else when they showed him crafting his bomb. His character felt shady last season and thought they were going to play up on that, but obviously I was wrong.

I've had enough of Brody's family as well and was hoping we were void of them this season but clearly for whatever reason the producers are more interested in making this standard cable fare instead of the groundbreaking realism experienced in the first season.

Still a very engaging show so I'll watch, just with checked expectations.
Old 10-04-13, 12:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by My Other Self
I've had enough of Brody's family as well and was hoping we were void of them this season but clearly for whatever reason the producers are more interested in making this standard cable fare instead of the groundbreaking realism experienced in the first season.
Old 10-04-13, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Me thinking you contributed anything useful in a thread:
Old 10-04-13, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 846 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by Geofferson
I think I only care about Saul and Quinn at this point. Was underwhelmed with the season premiere.
These shows have to start using original character names.

A show with a Saul and another with a Quinn just had their series finales.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.