0.91%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Breaking Bad --> Series Finale --> "Felina" --> 9/29/13

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-13, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts
Re: Breaking Bad --> Series Finale --> "Felina" --> 9/29/13

They may not be able to confirm that Walt made the call but a car was still stolen from NH and made it to Albuquerque.
Old 10-01-13, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunde
No, no, no. Season 4 is hugely important for several reasons. Mostly the relationship between Macky and Shane.
Don't skip a single episode of The Shield.
Such as? The relationship between Macky and Shane is broken up from the beginning so nothing really changes. The whole season was about taking down Antwon Mitchell and doesn't move forward the main storyline of the strike team paying and getting caught for their previous sins.
Old 10-01-13, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Please, point out where I said anything like that.
Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, Ray Donovan, Justified, Homeland, The Americans, Mad Men, and a few more I can't recall off the top of my head, all of them shit on Walking Dead.

Then why did you jump down my throat when I was merely claiming that there are other quality tv shows out there? Fine , you don't like Walking Dead, but there are plenty of people out there who don't find the show shallow and boring. Sounds like you are just trying to force an argument here where there isn't one.

Originally Posted by slop101

Again, I never said anything like that. If you feel like a dumbass, that's your cross to bear.
Never said I was a dumbass, but thanks for the round about insult.
Old 10-01-13, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just thinking about the final song choice for Breaking Bad and The Sopranos finales. One an absolute perfect selection and one a stupid, corny horrible choice.
Old 10-01-13, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Watched it for the second time last night. Really, really loved it.

The only thing I even remotely had a problem with was that the whole Jack bringing Jesse in did seem really forced. I'm not sure how they could have accomplished it better, but it bothered be a little the first time around, and a little more the second time.

Not a huge complaint, but if I'm gonna go after something, that's it. Still more than satisfied and 5* all the way.
Old 10-01-13, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Dude, The Walking Dead is not in the same league as Breaking Bad. Hang it up.

Originally Posted by mkdevo
Watched it for the second time last night. Really, really loved it.

The only thing I even remotely had a problem with was that the whole Jack bringing Jesse in did seem really forced. I'm not sure how they could have accomplished it better, but it bothered be a little the first time around, and a little more the second time.

Not a huge complaint, but if I'm gonna go after something, that's it. Still more than satisfied and 5* all the way.
I agree. I also thought Jack would just put a bullet in Walt's head and not drag the thing out.
Old 10-01-13, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by CRM114
I agree. I also thought Jack would just put a bullet in Walt's head and not drag the thing out.
Yeah, like I said, I'm not sure how it could have been done differently/better, but TV killers just seem way too responsive to requests to "wait a second" before making the kill.
Old 10-01-13, 08:08 AM

"Badfinger's Joey Molland talks 'Baby Blue' and the 'Breaking Bad' finale"
http://music-mix.ew.com/2013/09/30/b...-breaking-bad/

And here's a fun interview with Michael Bowen/Uncle Jack. There are pictures showing some of the characters he has played in movies; he's a bit of a chameleon. I would not have guessed that was he in the movie Jackie Brown.

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/br...150629521.html
Old 10-01-13, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

All this talk about the Wire made me look into how to see it. I found this site that seems to have the whole series. Is this legit and will it be around much longer? I just Googled "watch the wire" and it came out near the top.

They have Breaking Bad all the way up to the end too.

Last edited by cungar; 10-01-13 at 08:19 PM.
Old 10-01-13, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm willing to be my left pinky toe that that site isn't legit.

After digesting the finale a bit I have a much cooler view on it than some who are more enthusiastic about how the show ended. I still enjoyed it, but it definitely felt like a bit too neat of a wrap up.
Old 10-01-13, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 905 Likes on 667 Posts

The show gave good closure but it all happened they way everyone expected it to. I was hoping for at least one more twist or surprise. Unfortunately, I don't think the finale lived up to the 2 episodes leading up to it.
Old 10-01-13, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You know, it was pretty satisfying to see Lydia get poisoned, but it just hit me that there wasn't much of a point.

There also wasn't much point in going after the Nazis. Walt had already gotten his money to Flynn, and he wasn't going after the rest. He also wasn't going to save Jesse. The only possible motivation at that point is revenge for Hank, which is kind of weak sauce when they killed Hank while "saving" him.

I'm trying not to think about it too hard though, because I loved the finale. It's definitely 5 stars, but I'm not on board with the series being "The Best Of All Time". That's a bit much.

Edit: Just remembered what Skyler told him in the kitchen about seeing Lydia and being visited by the Nazis. Disregard most of the above because I'm a dumbass.
Old 10-01-13, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think it was more about stopping the supply of the blue meth before he died. Making sure the legacy was his and not continued by those guys.
Old 10-01-13, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

I think his original plan wasn't to go after Jesse, mainly because he figured Jesse was dead, and there wasn't anything he could do about it. When he suspected Jesse was alive after talking to the Numbnut Twins, I think he made it part of the plan he already had. He was going to kill the Nazis anyway, and if they hadn't brought Jesse in the room, he would have killed them anyway and gone to free him. Mentioning Jesse to Jack made it clear that he made freeing Jesse part of his plan. No matter what happened between him and Jesse, there's still that relationship there.
Old 10-01-13, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Interesting. I just looked at it as revenge on both the nazis and Jesse. Walt was going to finish Jesse too right, until he saw that Jesse was a enslaved, right?
Old 10-01-13, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
So who's gonna watch the remake?
I'm in if and only if they change the story some. I would like to see the writers take the characters and premise in a slightly different direction. They might even come to a completely different finality.
Old 10-01-13, 09:20 AM

Received 1,898 Likes on 1,120 Posts

Originally Posted by chess
Disregard most of the above because I'm a dumbass.
That's signature worthy, right there!
Old 10-01-13, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by boredsilly
Interesting. I just looked at it as revenge on both the nazis and Jesse. Walt was going to finish Jesse too right, until he saw that Jesse was a enslaved, right?
I think he would have killed him if Jesse had partnered up with the nazis.
Old 10-01-13, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Spoiler:
<embed style="display:block" src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:video:colbertnation.com:429398" width="288" height="247" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" allowFullscreen="true" flashvars="autoPlay=false" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" bgcolor="#000000"></embed>

There was a nice 2 part interview with Colbert too.

Last edited by Groucho; 10-01-13 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Spoilered auto-play video
Old 10-01-13, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by story
That's signature worthy, right there!
I'm sure the VG forum has beaten you to it.
Old 10-01-13, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

autoplay videos
Old 10-01-13, 09:44 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,181 Likes on 834 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonF
One thing I've not seen anybody mention is the parallel between the next to last death of the series -- Todd, strangled to death with a chain -- and the next to first death of the series -- Krazy-8, strangled to death with a bike lock. I wonder if that parallel was intentional?
*ahem*
Originally Posted by Dan
I'm glad Jesse got to kill Todd; that creepy fucker had it coming. It kind of reminded me of when Walt killed Crazy 8 in the basement, but probably because I just watched that episode this morning.
Old 10-01-13, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Does anybody listen to the official AMC breaking bad podcast? Lots of good stuff this week about plot lines that were never used.

For example, there was talk about Skyler going with the disappearer route, too. That didn't work out because they couldn't find a way to believably make Flynn go with them. There was also talk about Skyler committing suicide.

But what I thought was the most interesting was the stuff about Jesse's demise. Gilligan had initially decided a drug kingpin would kill Jesse (this drug kingpin was never a character and probably would have been a cross between the Tuco and Gus Fring characters).

Anyway, Walt was supposed to be so distraught over Jesse's death that he was going to capture this kingpin, lock him up in a room and slowly torture him (every day, chopping off a toe or a finger and cauterizing the wound with a blowtorch). And Walt didn't really want to kill anybody again, so he was going to rig up a gun with a tripwire, giving this kingpin the opportunity to end the torture at any time. But the kingpin would never do it.

Eventually, Walt Jr. was supposed to stumble upon this place and see a tortured, deformed man. He was supposed to come help this kingpin, and the kingpin would eventually deduce that it was Walt's son. At which point, he would finally use the tripwire to kill himself, taking Walt Jr. with him.

http://www.amctv.com/shows/breaking-...dcast-season-5
Old 10-01-13, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

He killed the Nazis because they killed Hank and took his money. That was a spit in the face after killing his brother-in-law.
Old 10-01-13, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by chess
You know, it was pretty satisfying to see Lydia get poisoned, but it just hit me that there wasn't much of a point.

There also wasn't much point in going after the Nazis. Walt had already gotten his money to Flynn, and he wasn't going after the rest. He also wasn't going to save Jesse. The only possible motivation at that point is revenge for Hank, which is kind of weak sauce when they killed Hank while "saving" him.

I'm trying not to think about it too hard though, because I loved the finale. It's definitely 5 stars, but I'm not on board with the series being "The Best Of All Time". That's a bit much.

Edit: Just remembered what Skyler told him in the kitchen about seeing Lydia and being visited by the Nazis. Disregard most of the above because I'm a dumbass.
I think Walt's main motivation to going to the nazi compound was to kill Jesse Pinkman.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.