Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Adaptation Of DC Comics’ Constantine From Daniel Cerone & David Goyer Lands At NBC

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Adaptation Of DC Comics’ Constantine From Daniel Cerone & David Goyer Lands At NBC

Old 10-23-14, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Adaptation Of DC Comics’ Constantine From Daniel Cerone & David Goyer Lands At NB

Originally Posted by cleaver
42% on Metacritic. In the words of Nicky Santoro NBC could fuck up a cup of coffee.
They have hit on a couple of shows in recent years. Grimm, Blacklist and Hannibal, but yeah the reviews for this dont look good.
Old 10-23-14, 03:42 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Re: Adaptation Of DC Comics’ Constantine From Daniel Cerone & David Goyer Lands At NB

Cancelled after 4 episodes?
Old 10-24-14, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

I don't get any sense of buzz from this show in the comic book community. Everyone was looking forward to the Flash and Gotham, but no one knows what to expect from Constantine.
Old 10-24-14, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

It's Friday night on NBC, all they need is a warm body.
Old 10-24-14, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 277 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
It's Friday night on NBC, all they need is a warm body.
That is not quite true, if it were Dracula would still be on the air.

I have never been a big (or even a minor) fan of the Constantine comic, but for some reason I thought the show would be better received by critics. Instead, the reviews are pretty harsh. There are so many comic book themed shows now on the air that I guess at least one of them was destined to not be well received.
Old 01-04-15, 05:39 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

OK, Constantine is an incredible show! Excellent combination of horror elements & just the right dose of humor. Haven't read the Hellblazer comic in about 20 years, but based on what I do remember this series is (so far) quite faithful to the comic; the actor who plays Constantine could have stepped out of the pages of the DC Vertigo series - perfect casting.

Just this one episode makes up for the Constantine movie that came out about 10 years ago - that was not only the worst comic book adaptation I've ever seen, but one of the worst films I've ever seen, period....
Old 01-05-15, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by TheDude
OK, Constantine is an incredible show! Excellent combination of horror elements & just the right dose of humor. Haven't read the Hellblazer comic in about 20 years, but based on what I do remember this series is (so far) quite faithful to the comic; the actor who plays Constantine could have stepped out of the pages of the DC Vertigo series - perfect casting.

Just this one episode makes up for the Constantine movie that came out about 10 years ago - that was not only the worst comic book adaptation I've ever seen, but one of the worst films I've ever seen, period....
Don't get too excited, it's likely one season and over due to ratings.
Old 01-06-15, 02:23 AM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah, I definitely don't expect Constantine to last - it's too unusual of a show. My enthusiasm was because I'm a big horror fan, and IMHO there are far too few genuinely good horror TV shows out that are actually scary/disturbing (at least scary/disturbing to me). And, I'm extremely used to TV shows I like being cancelled....

Another reason I like the show so much is that I was a mild fan of the Hellblazer comic back in the '90's; I never followed the title with any regularity, but I did read several of the Trade Paperbacks (reprinting the issues) at that time; I liked the idea of a wise-ass going around battling demons between smoke breaks - liked the UK setting as well...
Old 01-06-15, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by TheDude
Yeah, I definitely don't expect Constantine to last - it's too unusual of a show. My enthusiasm was because I'm a big horror fan, and IMHO there are far too few genuinely good horror TV shows out that are actually scary/disturbing (at least scary/disturbing to me). And, I'm extremely used to TV shows I like being cancelled....

Another reason I like the show so much is that I was a mild fan of the Hellblazer comic back in the '90's; I never followed the title with any regularity, but I did read several of the Trade Paperbacks (reprinting the issues) at that time; I liked the idea of a wise-ass going around battling demons between smoke breaks - liked the UK setting as well...
Definitely check out Penny Dreadful and Salem if you like horror shows.
Old 01-06-15, 08:39 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Assuming, as seems likely, that NBC cancels it, I wonder if there's any chance of CW picking it up?
Old 01-07-15, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by JasonF
Assuming, as seems likely, that NBC cancels it, I wonder if there's any chance of CW picking it up?
I think there is no chance of that happening. It's more likely some cable channel or streaming outfit would get it if they thought it had potential, but even that is extremely unlikely.
Old 01-08-15, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts

Mark Margolis to play Felix Faust.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2015/01/06/ma...t-constantine/
Old 07-02-16, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I wasn't sure which thread to bump, so I'm going with this one. All 13 episodes are now streaming on CW Seed.
Old 07-02-16, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

For Constantine viewers that don't watch Arrow, Matt Ryan showed up on Arrow in Season Four for one episode as Constantine. It was a one-off guest shot in a flashback from Green Arrow's past.
Old 07-03-16, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
For Constantine viewers that don't watch Arrow, Matt Ryan showed up on Arrow in Season Four for one episode as Constantine. It was a one-off guest shot in a flashback from Green Arrow's past.
He also showed up in the present during that episode to save Sara.
Old 07-03-16, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm pretty sure that was the same ep.
Old 07-03-16, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Thanks. I don't watch Arrow, but caught the clips on Youtube. Neat to see him back. I didn't like seeing Constantine get cancelled. I thought that everything developing was quite good.
Old 07-17-16, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts

Damnit, thought this bump was a new shot at it coming back on another network!
Old 01-08-17, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

This has picked up as an animated series by CW Seed. Matt Ryan will reprise the role.

http://comicbook.com/2017/01/08/cons...-up-by-the-cw/
Old 07-01-17, 01:21 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

Might be worth a bump, but the bluray complete set is on a pretty good sale, ~$17 if you choose no-rush shipping.
https://www.amazon.com/Constantine-C...antine+blu+ray
Old 07-01-17, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do you get ~$17? The ad says $7.50 discount on $32.19.
Old 07-01-17, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The deal is over.
Old 07-03-17, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts

So is the show.
Old 07-03-17, 05:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 130 Likes on 95 Posts

I'm still hoping they can work something out so he can show up on Lucifer.
Old 07-03-17, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

He's been on Arrow already, but Lucifer is decidedly separate form the CW properties, and I'm not sure the people behind Lucifer really care about comic book properties (including the one that they're working on)

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.