Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Continuum -- "Waning Minutes" -- 5/16/14

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-14, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Continuum -- "Waning Minutes" -- 5/16/14

Episode Synopsis: Kiera crash-lands her CPS flyer during a prisoner transport in 2076 and is forced to work with her enemy captive in order to survive. In the present day, Alec is on the verge of solving Kiera's murder after he figures out how to recover the recording of her final moments from her CMR.

Episode 7 of 13
Old 05-17-14, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Continuum -- "Waning Minutes" -- 5/16/14

I have no idea where this show is going anymore but that's a good thing.
Old 05-17-14, 06:21 PM

Received 152 Likes on 115 Posts

I think this was a wasted episode...more rhetoric that Monsanto, er Sonmanto is bad.

Is the show determined to show that, in the future, Kiera had some interaction with EVERY Liber8 member that traveled back in time? They've shown her with Garza, Lucas, Kagame, Kellog, and Sonya. The only ones left are Chen and Travis.

Also future Alec seemed out of character based on previous episodes in dealing with Kagame.

Also has Kiera given up the idea of trying to get back to the future? They spent two seasons with that as her driving force and barely touch on it this season. I think they have established that that exact timeline no longer exists but the Freelancers' goal was to make one as close as possible.
Old 05-17-14, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Kdogg
I think they have established that that exact timeline no longer exists but the Freelancers' goal was to make one as close as possible.
Is that their goal? We still don't know if they're telling the truth. Plenty of sci-fi stories in which organizations time travel to ensure their own present will happen. That present may not be what others think it is.

On the other hand, the Freelancers could just be agents of the Corporate Congress.
Old 05-17-14, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

I hope this episode was a turning point. I feel like Keria has finally figured out she needs to stop being a pawn, and fight for - as she has said - what feels right for her.

Was nice to have Kagame back!

With the exception of the bookends, I believe this was the only episode to take place in the future.

Seems like Keria realizes that she took the wrong Alec out of play?

Concerning inconsistencies - I think this episode took place before some of of those you mentioned. For example, we saw Sonia help Travis in the super soldier program, but this was well before that happened.

Side note - if any of you watch Arrow I feel like the Freelancer lady would be a better Waller.
Old 05-17-14, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Superman07
Concerning inconsistencies - I think this episode took place before some of of those you mentioned. For example, we saw Sonia help Travis in the super soldier program, but this was well before that happened.
It looked like Sonya was in hiding so I figured it was after she freed Travis but before Lucas's brain control experiment on Jaworski.
Old 05-17-14, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Well I thought Kagame told her to go back and take the job.
Old 05-18-14, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Superman07
Well I thought Kagame told her to go back and take the job.
I must have missed that. The audio and video were pixelating toward the end of the episode because of severe weather. On a side note: Is anyone else getting random flashing green dots on Syfy shows. It's happen in my area not just my home.
Old 05-20-14, 04:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Did Kagame have that village destroyed just to recruit Sonya? If so that's a cold bit of manipulation.
Old 05-20-14, 08:32 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by randian
Did Kagame have that village destroyed just to recruit Sonya? If so that's a cold bit of manipulation.
Pretty sure he did. Sonya working as a Liber8 agent in that super soldier program (where she eventually hooks up with Travis) is far more valuable than that entire community ever would be. Plus they were selling to the CEO's and other rich folks he is very much opposed to which makes them, as he said, servants/supporters of that system.