Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Criminal Minds (Moving to Paramount +)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Criminal Minds (Moving to Paramount +)

Old 11-06-22, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 2,151 Likes on 1,583 Posts
Re: Criminal Minds (Moving to Paramount +)

They are going serialized as I mentioned previously in this thread.

But yeah Erica Messer, the showrunner, said they aren't going to have the actors do anything out of character.
Old 11-06-22, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Runaway View Post
So I'm hoping for Russo full frontal.
Russo?
Old 11-06-22, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 246 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by jjcool View Post
Russo?
Rossi
Old 11-07-22, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

Rossi
Makes sense. I was checking casting announcements to see if maybe Rene Russo had been announced as a new cast member or something.
While I would pass on the Joe Mantegna full frontal, I wouldn't mind something from AJ Cook. Even a little full backal nudity wouldn't go unappreciated.
Old 11-07-22, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 246 Likes on 201 Posts

Since I stopped watching 9 years ago, I was a little shocked how old Joe Mantegna looks.
Old 11-23-22, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Cast previews season 16. It’s funny hearing Rossi say Bullshit and Fuck! Premieres tonight at 12am PT. 2 episodes drop. I’m glad they are using the streaming format to be more realistic with the language and violence.

Old 11-23-22, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 925 Likes on 643 Posts

I finally got to see the trailer. Damn that looks badass. The look of the show is totally different. Has a more gritty feel.
Old 11-24-22, 04:07 AM
DVD Talk God

Just watched the first episode. It’s 1am and I’m pretty exhausted.

First of all, it’s TV MA and it’s definitely darker and gritty. More blood was shown than probably Network TV allows. Also it’s in 4K, HDR with Dolby Atmos. Very cool for it to get this presentation now that it’s on streaming.

Rossi was cursing like a sailor, but understandable due to his circumstances. If you missed season 15, he re-married one of his many exes Gail O’Grady (Crystal) and as he said here she apparently died. This season takes place now in 2022, so the final season took place in 2019 as they kept mentioning 3 years have passed. And they wrote out Reid and Simmons with one line of dialogue.

Loved how Alvez got back Garcia to help. He will never have the dynamic she had with Morgan. The case with the network of killers is pretty interesting.

This felt like a Criminal Minds the TV MA cable reboot. I’m glad streaming is allowing them to be darker and edgier than the CBS version.

I’ll watch episode 2 later today.

The trailer got 4.3M views. I think there’s a lot of interest in this and it will do well for Paramount plus.
Old 11-24-22, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk God

I've finished both episodes. Definitely darker than past seasons. But, I dig it. If you're going to bring back this show, especially with no FCC regulations or censors, you gotta take more chances creatively. Glad they finally got Garcia back in the mix. I when Rossi asked her after she came back, do you need my log-in and password? And the computer said it had been 1,099 days since her last log-in. I'm surprised the FBI kept her account active.

Sad when they revealed that Rossi's wife died from cancer during the pandemic. That explains his volatile behavior. I love hearing Mantegna curse though.

Of course Prentiss is stuck dealing with an asshole budget cutting suck up bureaucrat at the FBI.
Old 11-24-22, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,612 Likes on 1,155 Posts

Originally Posted by jjcool View Post
Makes sense. I was checking casting announcements to see if maybe Rene Russo had been announced as a new cast member or something.
While I would pass on the Joe Mantegna full frontal, I wouldn't mind something from AJ Cook. Even a little full backal nudity wouldn't go unappreciated.
From what I've heard, the best bet for nudity is probably Kirsten Vangsness. She's done quite a bit of nudity on stage, so she might go for it.

Old 11-24-22, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,612 Likes on 1,155 Posts

Since I stopped watching 9 years ago, I was a little shocked how old Joe Mantegna looks.
I saw a still of him on a website and I thought it was Tommy Chong.

Old 11-24-22, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 925 Likes on 643 Posts

Joe Mantegna looks so old now. Crazy.

It was good. The tone of the show feels different, as does the look of it. I really hope they get a few cameos for this. I bet why the line of "special assignment" was used. Would be amazing even if we got a Shemar Moore cameo, but I doubt that will happen.
Old 11-26-22, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk God

My sister just finished binge watching Criminal Minds (the CBS version) all 15 seasons and 334 episodes over 2 months!! She became a huge fan. I know for most of you here that would be a very daunting and next to impossible task. Even though it's a new and darker version, I know a lot here quit the show or didn't follow it regularly, so jumping right in on season 16 doesn't sound very appealing to try to add to your backlog. So I don't expect a lot of commentary here. But, it's off to a promising start.