TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Criminal Minds (CBS) -- Series Thread

Old 06-20-17, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Criminal Minds (CBS) -- Series Thread

Yeah I remember him during the Spencer prison plot.
Old 09-27-17, 07:03 AM

AGENT MATT SIMMONS JOINS THE BAU TEAM IN A RACE TO TAKE DOWN MR. SCRATCH AND SAVE ONE OF THEIR OWN IN THE PROCESS, ON THE 13th SEASON PREMIERE OF "CRIMINAL MINDS," WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 27

Daniel Henney Joins the Cast as Matt Simmons, an Ex-Delta Soldier and Former International Response Team Member

"Wheels Up" - Agent Matt Simmons joins the BAU team in a race to take down Mr. Scratch and save one of their own in the process, on the 13th season premiere of CRIMINAL MINDS, Wednesday, Sept. 27 at a new time (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Daniel Henney joins the cast as Matt Simmons, an ex-Delta soldier and former International Response Team member.

REGULAR CAST:
Joe Mantegna (David Rossi)
Paget Brewster (Emily Prentiss)
Matthew Gray Gubler (Dr. Reid)
A.J. Cook (Jennifer Jareau)
Aisha Tyler (Dr. Tara Lewis)
Kirsten Vangsness (Penelope Garcia)
Adam Rodriguez (Luke Alvez)
Daniel Henney (Matt Simmons)

GUEST CAST:
Josh Stewart (Will LaMontagne Jr.) Bodhi Elfman (Peter Lewis)
Tracie Thoms (Monica Walker)
Andrew Pifko (The Doctor)
Diahnna Nicole Baxter (ER Doctor)
James Levine (Howard Nathanson)
DeRon Munroe (Eli Walker)
Lauryn Kennedy Hardy (Maya Walker)
Dean Schaller (Shirtless Man)

WRITTEN BY: Breen Frazier, one of the series' executive producers
DIRECTED BY: Glenn Kershaw

Old 09-27-17, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Has this show gotten any less morbid in the cases? Used to be a big fan but stopped watched 2 seasons back.
Old 09-27-17, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
Has this show gotten any less morbid in the cases? Used to be a big fan but stopped watched 2 seasons back.
It's still about dark and violent murders. So no it hasn't lightened up.

I'm curious to see how they introduce Matt Simmons (Henney)

When Beyond Borders season ended last year, it basically wrapped with no loose ends. So I guess it would make sense for his character to put in for a transfer to the BAU. I recall one of the issues his character had was being away from home so much away from his family.

Since Damon Gupton is off the show, I guess Walker is being killed off screen based on that big accident from last season's finale.
Old 09-27-17, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk God

I wonder if they take down Scratch or if he still lingers out there for part/all of the season.
Old 09-29-17, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Well, thank God the Mr. Scratch arc is finally wrapped.

It was a little weird how Garcia brought in Simmons out of the blue to help out after the accident.

Scratch's torture of Prentiss was pretty wild. She did get up pretty fast and managed to walk well for someone with metal rods planted into his legs.

Poor random unnamed black actor dressed up as dead Stephen Walker in the car and morgue. I hope he got paid decently.

Since Prentiss said the team is on leave, I guess next week they'll jump ahead in time a little.
Old 01-10-19, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

https://deadline.com/2019/01/crimina...ed-1202532632/

Renewed for a 10 episode 15th and final season

I normally binge the show after it records several weeks, so I don't talk about it much here. This thread has been dead for almost 2 years. I know procedurals like this don't attract any discussion. And probably many here who used to watch don't keep up with it anymore. But, I'm glad it's getting a final chapter. It's one of those weekly old and reliable shows you can watch and enjoy. I've seen every episode since the Pilot back in 2005. I'm not one of those "No Hotch, No Watch" people who bailed 2 years ago after Gibson got canned.

Article says they are going to film those 10 episodes now. The cast is basically going to keep working like a normal TV season. The current season will end after 15 episodes.
Old 01-10-19, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Sounds like the final season will be more serialized:

As for the 10-episode 15th season, it will be more serialized than the procedural drama is known for, including a two-part season opener, and will feature a major confession and a BAU member in jeopardy. The biggest through-line of the final 10 will revolve around “a very worthy adversary for the team, especially for David Rossi,” Messer said of the “unsub”, who will be introduced later this season. “Will be up against another formidable villain and will be concluding the 10 episodes with a showdown with that person,” she added.

Since it’s the final season, there will likely be memorable bad guys from the past 14 seasons making an appearance. “We have one in the works right now who’s a very memorable villain, but I don’t want to say too much if it doesn’t work out with casting,” Messer teased.