Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Criminal Minds (Moving to Paramount +)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-12, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Re: Criminal Minds -- Season 7 Thread -- Wednesdays (CBS)

Originally Posted by Deftones
I understand wanting to do something different, but I just don't get people who leave successful shows. Milk it until ends. You may never get another show like that.
Cough Cough, Jorja Fox on CSI, who eventually came back.

From everything that I've read, Paget was forced back to the show this season because of her contract option. It sounded like she wasn't happy about it either and is still a little bitter on how poorly CBS handled her exit last season. CBS/ABC Studios is also not allowing her to audition for Pilots, so she's stuck on this show until it wraps in March or April and won't be able to get a lead role for the next TV season.
Old 02-22-12, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand wanting to do something different, but I just don't get people who leave successful shows. Milk it until ends. You may never get another show like that.

Exactly. I like her too, why would you leave jeez. The first time didn't work, its not going to work this time either. Didn't she learn from Lola Glaudini. Where is her career. They both are good, I liked both there characters. Ohh well, so it goes i guess.
Old 03-19-12, 04:17 AM
DVD Talk God

Did anyone watch Criminal Minds from this past Wednesday yet?

Teri Polo from the Meet the Parents movies was the guest star.

It was such a strange episode. It looked like it was loosely based on the Mary Kay Letourneau case from the 1990's.

With the season winding down, it's going to be interesting to see how they plan to write out Prentiss again. I personally hope they don't kill her off.
Old 04-05-12, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Interesting episode made more so by the odd stunt casting of Robert Englund as a detective...
Old 04-05-12, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJariya
I personally hope they don't kill her off.
I can't remember where it was from, but I recall reading that they're not killing her off (again) and leaving it open in case the character makes a return at some point in the future (i.e. if/when her comedy will ultimately be axed by NBC).
Old 04-06-12, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
I can't remember where it was from, but I recall reading that they're not killing her off (again) and leaving it open in case the character makes a return at some point in the future (i.e. if/when her comedy will ultimately be axed by NBC).

Its too bad she doesn't know it will be axed and she'll come running back like a baby crying like they all do. I do like her but jeez come on. She can't be that dumb not to see what's going to happen, all she has to do is look at the history of all the others who have tried. Very few makes it when they leave a good thing.
Old 04-06-12, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by roger_d
Its too bad she doesn't know it will be axed and she'll come running back like a baby crying like they all do. I do like her but jeez come on. She can't be that dumb not to see what's going to happen, all she has to do is look at the history of all the others who have tried. Very few makes it when they leave a good thing.
Paget doesn't have another gig lined up. CBS/ABC, who produce the show, did not allow her to audition for other shows during Pilot season. She had to finish up her gig on Criminal Minds with nothing lined up. The best she can do right now is get a guest starring role for next season. Pilots that do get picked up can get re-shot, recast, so it's possible she could get a fulltime gig later this summer.
Old 04-06-12, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

She's not coming back to the show after they fucked her over with that thing they pulled with her last season.
Old 04-07-12, 03:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Wednesday's episode was fucking weird.

Crazy bitch chops off her baby's arm.

at Robert Englund being cast as a detective.

And then to top it off, Madeline Martin from Californication was playing almost a clone of Becca. She has no range at all as an actress.

Psycho killer, who's her brother, then makes out with her near the end. Yeah, fucking weird episode.
Old 05-16-12, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Criminal Minds -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "Hit and Run" -- 5/16/12

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Guest Stars Include Josh Randall ("Ed") as Hostage Matthew Downs and Tricia Helfer ("Battlestar Galactica") and Evan Jones ("October Road") as Bank Robbers Izzy Rogers and Chris Stratton

Returning Guest Stars Include Jayne Atkinson ("24") as FBI Section Chief Director Erin Strauss, Josh Stewart ("Third Watch") as Detective William LaMontagne, Jr., Nicholas Brendon ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer") as FBI Tech Analyst Kevin Lynch and Sebastian Roche as Interpol Agent Clyde Easter

When the BAU goes up against a gang of serial-killing bank robbers in Washington, D.C., the team tries to negotiate the situation unfolding inside the bank, but the stakes rise when one of their own becomes a hostages.

In the second hour, As the BAU team continues to pursue the bank-robbing serial killers, the team determines that the suspects have a bigger target in the Nation's capital, and with one of the team still a hostage, they must work quickly to diffuse an explosive situation. Also, wedding bells ring for one of the BAU, and Prentiss ponders her future, on the conclusion of the two-hour seventh season finale of CRIMINAL MINDS.

Episodes 23 and 24 of 24

Promo:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CLLiKrGqutc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Final episode for Paget Brewster (Prentiss) This time it's for good. Going to miss her. I'm glad they brought her back after the whole debacle from last season. Hopefully they write her out with some good closure. Hence, the promo pic this week is all about her.

Last edited by DJariya; 06-13-12 at 09:36 PM.
Old 05-17-12, 05:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Criminal Minds -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "Hit and Run" -- 5/16/12

Was this show on the chopping block? That had a very series finale feel at the end.
Old 05-17-12, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dalbowski
Was this show on the chopping block? That had a very series finale feel at the end.
It's consistently in the top 20, so I wouldn't think so. It did have that feel to it, but I think it was mainly due to the departure of Paget (Emily).
Old 05-18-12, 06:05 AM
DVD Talk God

Going to miss Paget. I thought she was miles better than Lola Glaudini when she replaced her in season 2.

Overall, a good season finale with lots of tense moments. At least they had enough respect for the character not to kill her off. Part of that can probably be attributed to the showrunner this season being a woman.

It will be interesting to see who they cast over the summer as her replacement. Rachel Nichols didn't quite work out last season. I think they need to get someone in her mid-late 30's.
Old 05-21-12, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, we know it can't be Tricia Helfer
Old 06-13-12, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk God

http://tvline.com/2012/06/13/crimina...e-tripplehorn/

Jeanne Tripplehorn, formerly of Big Love on HBO, has been cast as Paget Brewster's replacement.
Old 06-13-12, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I wish Paget wasn't leaving. I like her character so much.

That said, Tripplehorn is a good actress so she could work out.
Old 09-26-12, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Criminal Minds -- Season 8 -- Wednesdays (CBS)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Emmy Award-Nominated Actress Jeanne Tripplehorn (Big Love) Joins the Cast as Linguistics Expert Alex Blake

Spoiler:
"The Silencer" - When a Texas prisoner escapes during a transfer, he leaves behind victims with his unique trademark, sewing their mouths shut, a signature the BAU remembers as unique to the UnSub "The Silencer." While they investigate who he was and who he's become, the BAU also gets to know the newest member of the team, on the eighth season premiere of CRIMINAL MINDS, Wednesday, Sept. 26 (9:01-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Emmy Award-nominated actress Jeanne Tripplehorn joins the cast as linguistics expert Alex Blake, the newest member of the BAU team.

Promo:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wtbseg1VU-I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Going to miss Prentiss.
Old 09-26-12, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Re: Criminal Minds -- Season 8 -- Wednesdays (CBS)

Yeah, Paget Brewster leaving the show sucks. I don't even really like Jeanne Tripplehorn either. We'll see how this goes.
Old 09-26-12, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Yeah, Paget Brewster leaving the show sucks. I don't even really like Jeanne Tripplehorn either. We'll see how this goes.
What's hilarious is that Paget is guest starring on Law and Order SVU tonight, which is airing in the same timeslot.

Prentiss was easily one of the best female characters on this show. Attractive and also a badass.

Last edited by DJariya; 09-26-12 at 08:00 PM.
Old 09-27-12, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

With the crap they pulled, I don't blame her. They're lucky AJ Cook is staying on.

Haven't watched the premiere yet (have it on DVR) but I'm interested at least to see what Tripplehorn brings to the show.
Old 09-27-12, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk God

I thought the premiere was good. It's too early to judge Tripplehorn and how she will fit in with the team. It's only 1 episode, so she's not going to gel with the team right off the bat. IMO, she did seem a little stiff though. The killer of the week was interesting, especially with him being deaf and sewing the mouths shut.

Looks like the BAU team might have someone stalking them judging by that final scene.
Old 01-17-13, 02:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The show hates Reid. He loses his mentor (not their fault), mom is in a mental facility, was an addict, didn't take Prentis' "death" well and now they kill his gf in front of him.

[edit]It was also weird that when they panned to the bodies, it made it look like she was going to open her eyes. As if the bullet didn't go through the killer's head.
Old 01-17-13, 05:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This show is harsh. This is the second time I was like 'they're not really gonna...' The first being:
Spoiler:
Hotch's wife
Old 02-09-13, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yep, the show certainly doesn't want their main characters to be happy. JJ still has her husband and son... for now.
Old 05-08-13, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Some news for the 5 or so people in this forum including me, who watch this regularly.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/crim...not-come-back/

Here we go again with more contract issues with this show.

Thomas Gibson, Joe Mantegna, A.J. Cook, Kirsten Vangsness, Shemar Moore all have expiring contracts after this current season.

The show has not been renewed yet. According to this story, Gibson and Mantegna are negotiating and are the closest to re-signing.

Cook and Vangsness rejected CBS's contract offer. They may not return.

You absolutely need Garcia back. JJ actually improved when they gave her more stuff to do.

Moore isn't close to a new deal yet.

The only people signed for next season are Gubler and Tripplehorn. Honestly, I hate Tripplehorn's character. Bad replacement for Paget Brewster.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.