Law and Order: SVU (NBC) -- Series Thread

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Law and Order: SVU (NBC) -- Series Thread

Old 12-24-13, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Law and Order: SVU (NBC) -- Series Thread

Originally Posted by My Other Self
Maybe eventually, but the article I read the other day said they're bringing in some one else to fill in the Captain position.

I don't get why they couldn't have just kept Belzer on and have him take the spot.
Same reason. Beltzer's character is also at mandatory retirement age.
Old 01-19-14, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Sucks that Cragen is gone now too
Old 01-19-14, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 621 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by lisadoris
Since L&O exists in the same universe as Homicide, Kotto couldn't be on SVU without causing some serious continuity issues.
That didn't stop them from featuring Andre Braugher during several SVU episode as a different character than the role he portrayed in Homicide. They even had a rather tongue-in-cheek first meeting between him and Munch in one of said SVU episodes.
Old 01-19-14, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts

That's true, I completely forgot about that (probably because of the completely unnecessary and ill-advised Harry Connick Jr. relationship the writers went with after introducing Braugher's character).
Old 02-23-14, 01:38 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

SVU is back with a new episode on NBC, Wednesday, Feb 26.

Comic Perversion
When a controversial misogynistic comic is accused of rape, Benson is happy to arrest him, but Barba feels the case is weak.
Old 03-15-14, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.

so there was some continuity name dropping
Rollins claimed to be Megan Wheeler who was one of the detectives on CI
Old 04-13-14, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

so is Benson leaving? Because letting her stay a cop after admitting to beating a restrained suspect, lying under oath, and having the emotional baggage she has strains all credibility.
Old 04-14-14, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikehunt
so is Benson leaving? Because letting her stay a cop after admitting to beating a restrained suspect, lying under oath, and having the emotional baggage she has strains all credibility.
she should.. the last several episodes do show how much baggage she really has. She is really making bad decisions as a cop. no cop would of put themself in that position. I would go out on a limb and say she is weak as a woman cop.. making bad decisions, etc..
Old 05-24-14, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

nice to see Munch come back, especially after that pitiful goodbye episode
Old 09-23-15, 03:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,633 Likes on 2,607 Posts

2 hour season 17 premiere tonight

"LAW & ORDER: SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT"

"DEVIL'S DISSECTIONS / CRIMINAL PATHOLOGY"

09/23/2015 (09:00PM - 11:00PM) (Wednesday) : "Devil's Dissections" / "Criminal Pathology" IN THE 2-HOUR SEASON PREMIERE, DALLAS ROBERTS RETURNS AS SERIAL KILLER GREGORY YATES The SVU is called to a familiar crime scene - the beach where serial killer Gregory Yates (guest star Dallas Roberts) buried his many victims. When another body washes ashore, Detective Rollins (Kelli Giddish) tries to coax him into confessing, but the surprising information he provides sends shockwaves through the police department. As the case goes to court, Barba (Raul Esparza) faces off against two hotshot defense attorneys in a trial that leads to blackmail, an incriminating confession, a new victim and a fugitive suspect. Also starring Mariska Hargitay (Sergeant Olivia Benson), Ice T (Detective Odafin Tutuola) and Peter Scanavino (Detective Sonny Carisi). Also guest starring Tamara Tunie (M.E. Warner), Mary Bacon (Susie Frain), Jefferson Mays (M. E. Rudnick), Elizabeth Marvel (Counselor Rita Calhoun), Cody Lindquist (Brooke Norwalk), Bronwyn Reed (Lucy) and Delaney Williams (Counselor John Buchanan).

Read more: Listings - LAW & ORDER: SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT on NBC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz3mY0o1PZU

Danny Pino (Amaro) left the show after last season
Old 09-30-16, 12:40 PM
Banned

WTF happened to the DVD for season 17? Been out of stock for weeks on Amazon. I'd still like to know where these assholes get off still setting such high MSRPs for this shit on SD DVD, especially when the goddamn show airs in HD. Their site is still trying to sell older season for $40 FFS! I can get recent shows on blu-ray for $15-20 at times, but I'm lucky to see SVU seasons go below $25. Fuck Universal/NBC.
Old 09-30-16, 03:09 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

This show still on?

I joke but I still watch the older episodes on Hulu from time to time. I just can't get into it after Stabler left.
Old 10-25-16, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I binge watched last season over the course of the last week or so. Wasn't too bad but nothing that really made me come looking for a thread to comment on. Munch had an appearance. I liked the new sergeant
Spoiler:
too bad they killed him, and it was so obvious he was going to die in that episode as soon as they went to the house

Seemed to be a bit more court room related stuff, which is good. They skimped on that for a while, although never as badly as CI did which barely had any court stuff
Old 10-26-16, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 417 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by mikehunt
I binge watched last season over the course of the last week or so. Wasn't too bad but nothing that really made me come looking for a thread to comment on. Munch had an appearance. I liked the new sergeant
Spoiler:
too bad they killed him, and it was so obvious he was going to die in that episode as soon as they went to the house

Seemed to be a bit more court room related stuff, which is good. They skimped on that for a while, although never as badly as CI did which barely had any court stuff
Yeah he never made the opening credits despite being a main character. I knew he wasn't going to make it just from the promos for that episode.
Old 08-08-17, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk God

http://deadline.com/2017/08/philip-w...ng-1202144547/

Philip Winchester from Chicago Justice is joining SVU as a recurring character. He's playing the same character from Justice. Now the character is moving to NYC.

For those who never watched Chicago Justice, he is playing Peter Stone, the son of Benjamin Stone from the original show.

Season 19 premieres in the Fall.

FYI, the show shot an episode last season that sort of mocked Donald Trump with a Trump-like character.

http://deadline.com/2017/08/law-orde...ed-1202142345/

It will never air. Gary Cole was playing the Trump-like character.

That's why only 21 episodes aired last season.

Last edited by DJariya; 08-08-17 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-08-17, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Glad to hear Winchester found a place to land. I've had a stone cold crush on Mariska Hargitay for as long as I can remember, so I hope the show never ends
Old 08-08-17, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Were there any references in the Chicago series' that his dad was the ADA on L&O? If they did I totally missed it.
Old 08-08-17, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by mrhan
Were there any references in the Chicago series' that his dad was the ADA on L&O? If they did I totally missed it.
Yes,

I believe once in the courtroom and also Richard Brooks guest starred in 1 episode as Robinette from the original show and they talked about his Dad.

There was also one episode that Peter called his Dad on the phone.
Old 08-08-17, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 904 Likes on 667 Posts

Oh wow. I watched and enjoyed Justice. Never knew he was playing Ben Stone's son. Nice throwback for peope who've been fans since the beginning.
Old 08-08-17, 02:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
http://deadline.com/2017/08/philip-w...ng-1202144547/

Philip Winchester from Chicago Justice is joining SVU as a recurring character. He's playing the same character from Justice. Now the character is moving to NYC.

For those who never watched Chicago Justice, he is playing Peter Stone, the son of Benjamin Stone from the original show.

Season 19 premieres in the Fall.

FYI, the show shot an episode last season that sort of mocked Donald Trump with a Trump-like character.

http://deadline.com/2017/08/law-orde...ed-1202142345/

It will never air. Gary Cole was playing the Trump-like character.

That's why only 21 episodes aired last season.
Does this mean they will kill/write off Barba at some point next season?!?
Old 08-08-17, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
Yes,

I believe once in the courtroom and also Richard Brooks guest starred in 1 episode as Robinette from the original show and they talked about his Dad.

There was also one episode that Peter called his Dad on the phone.
Oh, now I remember. It was the second or third ep. that Brooks was in. It was the ep. about the dead drunk. I can't recall the characters' conversation about Stone's dad. I think I will rewatch it. Thanks.
Old 09-15-17, 11:01 AM
Banned

When the hell are they releasing the DVD for season 18? Their prices (and the fact it's still DVD) are bad enough without putting off the damn release forever.
Old 09-21-17, 10:15 AM

Received 4,555 Likes on 3,090 Posts

‘Law & Order: SVU’: Sam Waterston To Reprise Jack McCoy Role In Season 19
http://deadline.com/2017/09/law-orde...oy-1202174001/
Old 09-21-17, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They should bring back Alana, also. Wasn't her last series cancelled?

Old 09-27-17, 07:09 AM

Received 4,555 Likes on 3,090 Posts

"LAW & ORDER: SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT"

"GONE FISHIN'" ORIGINAL

09/27/2017 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Wednesday) : SEASON 19 PREMIERE - When Fin (Ice T) crosses international borders to catch a fugitive rapist, a political tug-of-war derails Barba's (Ra�l Esparza) legal case. Meanwhile, shocking allegations against Benson (Mariska Hargitay) lead to the return of an old friend. Also starring Kelli Giddish (Det. Amanda Rollins) and Peter Scanavino (Det. Sonny Carisi). Guest starring Dean Winters (Brian Cassidy), Peter Jacobson (Randy Dworkin), Will Chase (Byron Marks), Mariela Garriga (Elana Marks) and Amy Smart (Karla Wyatt). TV-14 L

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.