TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Law and Order: SVU (NBC) -- Series Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-06, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Lunatikk
because stabler is a psycho.

With hints of a pedophile, or at least that was hinted in one episode, but the writers have been all over hinting at what Stabler's problem is, I do not think anyone knows for sure.
Old 05-06-06, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Law and Order SVU 5/2/06

Antwone Mitchell as a cop
Old 05-07-06, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That was Anthony Anderson though I agree with your assesment.
Old 05-07-06, 06:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Anderson played Antwone Mitchell on the Shield.
Old 05-07-06, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
here's something else I don't get. I thought he was coming in because benson was going to be off the show for a while, yet she had plenty of screen time

give Munch more screen time
Old 05-07-06, 02:58 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
What happened to the T3? I thought she was going to be Olivia's replacement?

Kind of a meh? episode for me this week.
Old 05-07-06, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
As opposed to his Shield stint, I didn't care for Anthony Anderson at all in this. I lost interest in this episode less than half-way through.
Old 05-07-06, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mikehunt
here's something else I don't get. I thought he was coming in because benson was going to be off the show for a while, yet she had plenty of screen time
Not only that, but this upcoming episode is another case that "brings her back"...
Old 05-07-06, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Was there a thread on the episode that NBC showed last night (Manipulated)? If so, can someone post the link? I tried search with no luck. If not, can someone tell me how the guy that actually committed the murders fit into the scheme of things? It was the episode with Rebecca DeMornay as a lawyer in a wheelchair. My satellite kept dropping out.
Old 01-10-07, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Law & Order: SVU 01/09/07

Didn't see a thread on this yet.

For some reason, I found this episode almost exhausting to watch. Just seeing two people that used to love each other try to hurt each other in any way possible, regardless of the damage it caused to their daughter was pretty harsh to me. It also was interesting to see the effect it had on Liv and Elliot, as they were on opposite sides of the fence, but in the end, both were really correct in their views.

Anyone else see it?
Old 01-10-07, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I did, but was struggling to not fall asleep (because I was tired, not because it was boring). As always with SVU episodes, I want more of Munch as he brings personality. Maybe someone can explain the end to me... Olivia asks the mother as she's about to die if the father was really the on who raped her, and she said yes.... and then at the very end she talks to the mother's boyfriend/lover and he says the last time they were together was some other day...

And then Olivia says just as the mother was dying she was still lying.... How did she know that? So was she saying that it was really the lawyer boyfriend who just left the precinct was the one who raped her?
Old 01-10-07, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by GradVT06
Maybe someone can explain the end to me... Olivia asks the mother as she's about to die if the father was really the on who raped her, and she said yes.... and then at the very end she talks to the mother's boyfriend/lover and he says the last time they were together was some other day...

And then Olivia says just as the mother was dying she was still lying.... How did she know that? So was she saying that it was really the lawyer boyfriend who just left the precinct was the one who raped her?
Elliott's thought process was that if the ex had raped her the odds that he would have used a condom were remote. The alternative was that the wife had consensual sex earlier that day. The boyfriend's story at the end corroborates that story. I agree that the episode was exhausting to watch but it was good. The acting performances were solid. Though it was only for a hot minute, Fin trippin on the social worker was a nice touch.
Old 01-10-07, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

i thought the burning at the end was pretty cool, otherwise it was a rehash of some older episodes. even the burning wasn't that original.

i thought the end was pretty dumb since the mother could have had sex and still been raped by the ex
Old 01-10-07, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes, but as said above, the thought was that it wouldn't have been a premeditated rape, so there would not have been condoms. Regardless of the condoms, the fact that she lied would have severely damaged her story.
Old 01-10-07, 07:34 PM

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
I thought it was a strong episode too. How funny to see Blair Underwood a day earlier as the 'hot teacher' that Julia Louis Dreyfus has the hots for on New Adventures of Old Christine and then see him play thug daddy rapist on SVU a day later. Glad to see he's getting work.

What's up with Michael Michele? She left ER a few years back and then basically dropped off the earth until this? I guess she thought she would find some big movie career that never materialized ala Julianna Margulies. Too bad because she is strikingly beautiful and was great in her role.

I noticed last nights SVU was directed by Eriq LaSalle, Michael Michele's former love interest on ER...small (incestuous) world...
Old 01-10-07, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
...not to mention the mini "Homicide - Life on the Streets" reunion (Richard Belzer, Peter Gerety as the Judge, and Michael Michele).

I've seen couples with nasty breakups act in much the same way (not to the extent of false rape allegations and people arson), but it's amazing how nasty exes can be to each other.
Old 01-25-07, 05:01 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Law & Order: SVU Contract News

So...they keep Mariska and Meloni and...add another cast member? I'm beginning to think Wolf has something against Belz & T.

'Law & Order' stars agree to new deal

There will be no disorder on "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit," with series stars Mariska Hargitay and Christopher Meloni agreeing to new contracts.

They will be joined next season by an additional cast member, Adam Beach of the film "Flags of Our Fathers."

"I'm thrilled that Chris and Mariska have decided to stay with a show that they've made an indelible stamp upon, as we move into our ninth season," series creator Dick Wolf said Wednesday in a statement.

The actors signed two-year deals with substantial raises that will mean annual salaries of more than $6.5 million each, Daily Variety reported, citing unidentified sources.

That increase will make Hargitay one of the highest-paid actresses in television, the trade paper said.

Wolf declined to discuss details of the contract, said spokeswoman Pam Golum, who confirmed that Beach would be joining the show. He'll play Brooklyn police Detective Chester Lake, a character he guest-starred as on a recent episode.

Beach also is starring in Wolf's TV movie, "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee," set to debut in May on HBO.

"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" is part of NBC's long-running trio of "Law & Order" series and is the highest-rated. The original "Law & Order" is in its 17th season, while "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" is in its sixth year.

Hargitay and Meloni have been with the show since it debuted in 1999. The actress won an Emmy and Golden Globe for her role, while Meloni was nominated for an Emmy.

NBC announced last week that "Special Victims Unit" would return next fall.
Old 01-25-07, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Glad that they are back.
Old 01-25-07, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Good to hear, but Belz and T do deserve more time. Maybe move them to CI, kick Noth out, and alternate with D'Onofrio. A fifth member throws off the duo's also. Wonder how he will be worked in.
Old 01-25-07, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Interesting. I kind of got the feeling that Beach was either going to go onto an existing show or a spinoff after the way the episode went last week with Fin.
Old 01-25-07, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by stingermck
Maybe move them to CI, kick Noth out, and alternate with D'Onofrio. A fifth member throws off the duo's also. Wonder how he will be worked in.
I could get behind that. Though, I would still prefer all D'Onofrio. Who knows...maybe Beach will spend his time trying to get into Casey's pants...
Old 01-26-07, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

very good news, hope the new guy gets minimal screen time though
Old 01-27-07, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Doubt it...I bet Belz gets even more reduced screen time as T and the new guy team up....
Old 01-27-07, 09:18 PM
Suspended pending providing a working email address

Originally Posted by theedge
Doubt it...I bet Belz gets even more reduced screen time as T and the new guy team up....
apparently, on SVU, for the male actors, the amount of screentime you get is directly proportional to the number of testicles you have!
Old 01-28-07, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by theedge

Well Belz does live in France, so I'm sure he's not coming to NYC to film every week regardless.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.