DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "The Gang Tries Desperately to Win an Award" (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/613564-its-always-sunny-philadelphia-gang-tries-desperately-win-award.html)

DJLinus 09-18-13 06:33 PM

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "The Gang Tries Desperately to Win an Award"

http://i.imgur.com/7Gr2ZYs.jpg

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia - s09e03 - “The Gang Tries Desperately To Win An Award” (09/18/13)

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Tired of failing to be recognized for their years of service in the bar industry, the gang changes their ways to give the patrons what they think they want.

Promo:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8SEhV6c18uk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Note: In addition to now airing on Wednesdays, Sunny has also moved to FXX. To see if your satellite or cable provider offers the network, go here.

(Damn these long episode titles. :lol: )

RichC2 09-18-13 09:25 PM

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "The Gang Tries Desperately to Win an Award"

We jizz in the drink and that's what makes it light.

:lol:

anomynous 09-18-13 11:33 PM

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "The Gang Tries Desperately to Win an Award"

Great episode

3 for 3

sydonesia 09-18-13 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by anomynous (Post 11840336)
Great episode

3 for 3

I'm with you. I'm not sure if my standards have lowered or if they've just been that funny, but I've been pleasantly surprised at how good the season has been so far. It feels like they aren't trying so hard and just letting the characters be themselves.

And Charlie's song was hilarious. Both versions.

RichC2 09-19-13 12:23 AM

This season is closer to older Sunny, the characters seem to be jibing again.

Meathead 09-19-13 09:12 AM

Yep 3/3 so far this season... lol

Geofferson 09-19-13 09:34 AM

Agreed this show is on a roll this season. That song was awesome. :lol:

DRG 09-19-13 10:57 AM

Loved Dee at Sudz. "You wish!" "Just bring us the drinks, dickbag!" For some reason typical d-bag remarks are hilarious the way she says them.

Obey The D 09-19-13 12:02 PM

The lighting Dennis setup for Dee was amazing. :lol:

boogieman03 09-19-13 12:08 PM

Genius episode.

Charlie's songs were greatness.

Coral 09-19-13 07:24 PM

I laughed out loud a few times and didn't stop for around 30 seconds.

I liked their reactions to the cutesy crap at the other bar.

Loved Mac strangling Dee.

What they were introduced to when entering the "up-scale" part of the bar:

"Put the bottle in!! AAAHHH!! Get the bottle out!! Get the bottle out!!" :lol:

flashburn 09-19-13 08:23 PM

What an awesome "Fuck You" to all the shitty sitcoms that win awards. Hilarious episode. It was funny that they snuck in a little jab at American Horror Story (although it was hardly a jab I guess).

ultimaton 09-19-13 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Coral (Post 11841204)
"Put the bottle in!! AAAHHH!! Get the bottle out!! Get the bottle out!!" :lol:

"It's art!"

RichC2 09-19-13 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by flashburn (Post 11841264)
What an awesome "Fuck You" to all the shitty sitcoms that win awards. Hilarious episode. It was funny that they snuck in a little jab at American Horror Story (although it was hardly a jab I guess).

I think the jab was at Louie. (At least if we're referring to the new bar that wins awards)

Oh and this:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2jH4T3LQvUs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I love that Danny DeVito is filming Charlie Day with his cellphone

flashburn 09-20-13 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by RichC2 (Post 11841417)
I think the jab was at Louie. (At least if we're referring to the new bar that wins awards)

I don't remember quite how it went, but Frank was talking about the cabaret being dark or whatever, sounded like he was describing AHS? I wouldn't really consider Louie to be a dark show. Also, Louie has only won one Emmy.

bralph 09-20-13 07:00 AM

Apparently my access to FXX on DirecTV was just a preview, and I need to pay another $6 per month for the next level package that includes the channel. Grr...

Goat3001 09-20-13 07:07 AM

Loved the jabs at the laugh track as well. First the peanut gallery of people sitting at the bar at Sudz and then the bell. "I don't need to be told when to drink!"

I thought the 'dark' bar they were referring to wasn't about AHS but was more about Mad Men. The joke mentioned martinis and period costumes. Could also be Boardwalk Empire I guess.

The one about the "bar that opened last year down the street", I think was about Louie.

RichC2 09-20-13 08:12 AM

Yeah, I think the exact line was "it just opened and has already won an award"

I didn't connect the Cabaret my mistake.

flashburn 09-20-13 09:05 AM

I need to rewatch that scene, I was laughing so much, I'm not sure anymore.

Hokeyboy 09-20-13 10:05 AM

HILARIOUS episode :up: They seem rejuvenated this season.

Shady12 09-20-13 10:57 AM

Awesome episode and great season so far. This episode was up there with some of their best. I almost never rewind during an episode of TV but I had to go back a couple times on some of the funniest parts. Don't remember doing that since "full on rapist" or maybe when Foghorn Charlie was barfing in the back of a limo.

whotony 09-20-13 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by bralph (Post 11841598)
Apparently my access to FXX on DirecTV was just a preview, and I need to pay another $6 per month for the next level package that includes the channel. Grr...

Yep me too. Not payin'
http://news.directv.com/2013/08/30/f...ept-2-sept-13/

BDB 09-21-13 12:42 AM

They are really amazing this season,
3 for 3- pure gold.

dex14 09-21-13 10:31 AM

I haven't consistently laughed this much at an episode of Sunny in a long time. Brilliant. :thumbsup:

mcnabb 09-23-13 08:32 AM

3 for 3 this season with funny episodes. The last few years have been inconsistent and sometimes forced, but I have to say this season is pretty good.