DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Sleepy Hollow -- Series Premiere -- "Pilot" -- 9/16/13 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/613507-sleepy-hollow-series-premiere-pilot-9-16-13-a.html)

DJariya 09-16-13 02:17 AM

Sleepy Hollow -- Series Premiere -- "Pilot" -- 9/16/13

http://imageshack.us/a/img62/9853/ch7h.jpg

Synopsis:

After being resurrected and pulled two and a half centuries through time, ICHABOD CRANE (Tom Mison) finds himself in modern-day Sleepy Hollow, where he quickly realizes that evil has awoken with him. When Sheriff August Corbin (guest star Clancy Brown) is killed by the infamous Headless Horseman, Ichabod forms an unlikely bond with Detective ABBIE MILLS (Nicole Beharie), a young cop who has her own childhood supernatural experiences. Together, the two embark on a mission to stop evil and uncover mysteries dating back to the founding of our country. Captain FRANK IRVING (Orlando Jones) hesitates to believe Ichabod's tales of supernatural evil. But when Ichabod's former wife, KATRINA (Katia Winter), provides clues about impending evil, they all begin to realize that this town is anything but sleepy in the all-new "Pilot" series premiere episode of SLEEPY HOLLOW airing Monday, Sept. 16 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SLH-101) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Tom Mison as Ichabod Crane; Nicole Beharie as Detective Abbie Mills; Orlando Jones as Captain Frank Irving; Katia Winter as Katrina Crane

Guest Cast: John Cho as Andy Brooks; Clancy Brown as Sheriff August Corbin

Written by Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman & Phillip Iscove

Pilot directed by Len Wiseman

Trailer:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1hFg9qS_u3w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Posting this early since I will be home late tomorrow. I think this could be a fun show similar to Once Upon a Time.

Superman07 09-16-13 06:07 AM

Re: Sleepy Hollow -- Series Premiere -- "Pilot" -- 9/16/13

I thought this sounded really silly back in May, but that trailer does look interesting and fun without being over the top. I'll check out the first handful to see how it goes. :up:

TGM 09-16-13 07:38 AM

this is one of my most anticipated new shows of the season. wish Clancy Brown was a regular, but appears he doesn't live past the pilot.

Noonan 09-16-13 07:55 AM

I'm looking forward to this one. I agree about Clancy but I'm happy to see Orlando Jones getting work again.

dex14 09-16-13 08:09 AM

This (to me) looks like a show where the pilot is probably really cool... but it won't keep me interested on a week to week basis.

Geofferson 09-16-13 08:30 AM

^ Agreed. The pilot has gotten some pretty good buzz, so I plan on tuning in. However, my hunch tells me I won't be a fan of the show long-term (hopefully I'm proven wrong).

JuryDuty 09-16-13 10:06 AM

I agree. They've got great trailers for this one, which is why I'm tuning in. Normally, I wouldn't have given this one a second thought. Here's hoping it's as good as they're proposing.

Gizmo 09-16-13 10:08 AM

Looking forward to watching all 13 episodes of this Series. Just can't see people tuning in after the first few episodes.

Tonight should be big with no competition.

draven31 09-16-13 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Gizmo (Post 11836490)
Looking forward to watching all 13 episodes of this Series. Just can't see people tuning in after the first few episodes.

Tonight should be big with no competition.

Dancing with the Stars premieres tonight as well ,that said, I hope this does ok. I'm really looking forward to it. DVR is set and ready to go.

DeputyDave 09-16-13 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by draven31 (Post 11836566)
Dancing with the Stars premieres tonight as well ,that said, I hope this does ok. I'm really looking forward to it. DVR is set and ready to go.

:) No offense but I doubt I'm very interested in any show that loses a lot of viewers to Dancing With The Stars.

stvn1974 09-16-13 12:46 PM

I am glad it is only 13 episodes. This and Dracula only being 10 is how shows should be. Not dragged out for 8 years.

Dan1boy 09-16-13 02:33 PM

At least this is in a ok timeslot. Dracula's gonna die a vamp death on Friday nights at 10pm. What was the network thinking?

Kdogg 09-16-13 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dan1boy (Post 11836968)
At least this is in a ok timeslot. Dracula's gonna die a vamp death on Friday nights at 10pm. What was the network thinking?

Rating expectation for Friday are a lot less that Monday. Dracula's paired with Grimm which is a success for NBC on Friday night. If the show's any good it should hold the Grimm audience.

I'm hoping Sleepy Hollow is at least on pair with Grimm

DeputyDave 09-16-13 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Kdogg (Post 11837188)
Rating expectation for Friday are a lot less that Monday. Dracula's paired with Grimm which is a success for NBC on Friday night. If the show's any good it should hold the Grimm audience.

I'm hoping Sleepy Hollow is at least on pair with Grimm

Second season Grimm because it took a while to find it's stride.

Pointyskull 09-16-13 04:51 PM

I'm expecting 'meh' but I'll give it a shot...

TGM 09-16-13 09:05 PM

This was fantastic. Hit on all cylinders for me. The acting was good, the production values seemed high, the villain was creepy, and the headless horseman looks badass sporting a shotgun. In, in, so fucking in.

stvn1974 09-16-13 09:11 PM

I agree that it was excellent and the previews for the rest of the season make it look like it only gets better.

JuryDuty 09-16-13 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by stvn1974 (Post 11836770)
I am glad it is only 13 episodes. This and Dracula only being 10 is how shows should be. Not dragged out for 8 years.

So I'm confused. Is this just a 13-episode order no matter what this year? Is it structured more like a miniseries?

DJariya 09-16-13 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by JuryDuty (Post 11837529)
So I'm confused. Is this just a 13-episode order no matter what this year? Is it structured more like a miniseries?

It's 13. Running until January, then The Following takes over the timeslot.

FOX is trying to order more drama series with cable-sized orders.

Goldberg74 09-16-13 10:10 PM

I'm in. My 15yo son and I enjoyed it (although he got freaked out a little bit by the demon in the mirror ;) ).

Fist of Doom 09-16-13 10:30 PM

Pleasantly surprised by this. I loves me some mythology, and it looks like this will have a lot of it. The headless horseman looked great.

Nitpick: The sheriff just standing there when the horseman beheaded him. Run, you idiot!

JuryDuty 09-16-13 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom (Post 11837625)
Nitpick: The sheriff just standing there when the horseman beheaded him. Run, you idiot!

There were a few nitpicks like this...or like the fact that when she had Crane in custody and thought he was a nutcase, she kept turning her back on him, not acting at all like an officer.

But that said, this was a very tightly-written, fun pilot. I'll definitely tune in again. I like the balance of levity with spookiness. Could be quite fun if they run all 13 episodes.

Shady12 09-16-13 10:55 PM

Count me http://iliketowastemytime.com/sites/...ar_jump_in.gif

Not sure how the rest of it will go, but it was a pretty kick ass pilot!

dave94 09-16-13 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by JuryDuty (Post 11837630)
There were a few nitpicks like this...or like the fact that when she had Crane in custody and thought he was a nutcase, she kept turning her back on him, not acting at all like an officer.

Not only that, but also transporting him to the mental facility, by herself, and he rides in the front seat! :lol:

Still, it was enjoyable enough, I'll give it another shot.

Geofferson 09-16-13 11:44 PM

I'll let the stuff with Abbie slide. I thought this turned out pretty good. Spooky and effective.

Clancy Brown pretty much had a glorified cameo. Knew he didn't make it past the pilot but was hoping for a little more.