Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Breaking Bad -- "Ozymandias" -- 9/15/13

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will die from the episode 13 shootout?
Hank
1.49%
Gomez
26.87%
Both
65.67%
It's a Miracle! Neither!!
5.97%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Breaking Bad -- "Ozymandias" -- 9/15/13

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-13, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Re: Breaking Bad -- "Ozymandias" -- 9/15/13

Walt is a dead man at the close of this series, unless his cancer goes into remission on it's own since he's clearly not receiving chemotherapy in New Hampshire. Also, he doesn't mind people knowing he's back in town and alive as opposed to staying hidden or even presumed dead. Either cancer or a bullet kills Walt when this is done. It's just a matter of what does he plan to do before he is done. Maybe he intends to help Jesse escape Todd's gang and in the process have Jesse kill him as his final act of contrition (thus freeing Jesse both physically and mentally). Perhaps the money ends up with Jesse as well.
Old 09-17-13, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Draven
As much as I enjoy this show, I think many people gloss over the fact that Walt and Jesse didn't have to make meth in the first place. They basically dug their own graves and everything else is a direct result. Neither really deserve any sympathy.
True. Jesse was 'Cap'n Cook' and banging married women when Walt ran across him.
Old 09-17-13, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
True. Jesse was 'Cap'n Cook' and banging married women when Walt ran across him.
agreed.

out of everyone though, Jesse's character has the best arc that could end in some sort of redemption. He's gone through and done a LOT of shit, but I would love to see him end up w/ Andrea and Brock in a new start
Old 09-17-13, 11:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow......what a frickin' show. I just watched all 60 episodes in the last few weeks. Have to say before this episode, Breaking bad and 24 were neck and neck for my favorite show ever. BB now takes the cake. I can't stop thinking of the last episode.

We can assume that his cancer goes into remission as he has hair in the flash forward. Wonder who the ricin is for, same as a lot of posters on here. My guess is it would be for Jesse. Not in an act of spite, but rather compassion to get him out of the hell he is probably living in as the cook slave. Just a guess.

In other news, I have decided I will be dressing up as Heisenberg for Halloween this year. Already ordered the accessories including hat, jacket, shades, and blue rock candy.

Also, not sure if this was posted in another thread, but check out these jerseys:

http://geekyjerseys.com/product.php?id=135

and

http://geekyjerseys.com/product.php?id=140

I need to get the Heisenberg once it is available.
Old 09-17-13, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 279 Likes on 180 Posts

So we've seen foreshadowing of Walt with hair and a beard and a M60 in the trunk of his car...perhaps the last episode is him taking out Todd and the gang and confronting Jesse (and the show ending with him shooting Jesse or not for ratting him out).
Old 09-17-13, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Walt didn't admit to killing Hank. He didn't even specifically say he was dead, just that you'll never see him again. Of course he meant because he is dead, but he didn't say that. Or maybe he wanted them to think he skipped town with a floozy. But I'm pretty sure it's the former.
Right, but the way he phrased it made it sound like Hank was dead and he was responsible - which was what he wanted to do without actually coming right out and saying it.
Old 09-17-13, 11:26 AM

My prediction of what happens next:
Walt's family is not held accountable towards Walt's actions (because of the phone call), they're put into protective custody as Walt is made a wanted man (thus Heisenberg spraypainted in his house, because the general public now knows).
Walt is living under a new identity, when he comes accross newly produced blue meth somewhere. He ties the link to new meth and Jessie producing it, because nobody else could, and thus he seeks revenge for them not keeping their word.
Old 09-17-13, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by scoot95
We can assume that his cancer goes into remission as he has hair in the flash forward.

I think the cancer is still there, he is just no longer receiving treatment for it, due to his situation
Old 09-17-13, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by The Black
Walt's family is not held accountable towards Walt's actions (because of the phone call), they're put into protective custody as Walt is made a wanted man (thus Heisenberg spraypainted in his house, because the general public now knows).
Walt is living under a new identity, when he comes accross newly produced blue meth somewhere. He ties the link to new meth and Jessie producing it, because nobody else could, and thus he seeks revenge for them not keeping their word.
With all the animus Walt has to Jesse already, why would him not keeping his word about making more meth make Walt any angrier?
Old 09-17-13, 11:54 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by scoot95
In other news, I have decided I will be dressing up as Heisenberg for Halloween this year. Already ordered the accessories including hat, jacket, shades, and blue rock candy.
At my party, we're strongly considering banishing all the Heisenbergs to one room.
Old 09-17-13, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by cungar
With all the animus Walt has to Jesse already, why would him not keeping his word about making more meth make Walt any angrier?
He's talking about Jack's crew not keeping their word about killing Jesse.
Old 09-17-13, 11:57 AM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Draven
As much as I enjoy this show, I think many people gloss over the fact that Walt and Jesse didn't have to make meth in the first place. They basically dug their own graves and everything else is a direct result. Neither really deserve any sympathy.
Redemption doesn't matter?

I'm not even religious and believe there is some merit to that idea.
Old 09-17-13, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Great Q&A with the writer of this episode on EW.com:

'Breaking Bad': Co-executive producer Moira Walley-Beckett spills on last night's episode, 'Ozymandias'

One question that some people had asked about:

The flashback scene at the beginning of the episode was actually the last scene that was shot in the entire series. What was that day like? Did the fact that Bryan and Aaron were made up to look like they did in season 1 give it an extra-sentimental feel?

It was absolutely nostalgia-laden. It was a perfect ending to the series. We only boarded it that way for logistics, because Bryan had to shave and Aaron had to shave and we had to match, and if we’d shot it as a part of our episode in February, then Bryan would have had to have worn a fake beard for the next two episodes and we didn’t want to do that. It was such a relief for everybody to come full circle and go back in time. The series has been so heavy and so dark and there were so few moments of levity, that to get to go back to the days of the first cook and revisit their old dynamic — when Heisenberg was Mr. White and Jesse was an idiot – was not only completely delightful and made a bittersweet day just so happily nostalgic, everybody was so relieved that we weren’t killing someone or shooting them in the head or blowing them up. It was just the perfect ending to the series. Even though it was logistical, there was something magical about that day.
Old 09-17-13, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

This show continues to raise the bar as to what the meaning of "amazing television" is.

I, too, did not catch the fact that Walt was taking the fall for everything when he was on the phone with Skyler. That scene was total genius now that I think back on it. And that EW article points out that it was written as Walter White trying to MAKE Heisenburg come out and make those statements. Pretty great writing and acting, IMO.

What I can't figure out is how we get from where we are to Walt coming back with an M60. It's gotta be for the nazis, obviously. But I can't figure out why he would come back. Unless something happens to his family. I don't know. I don't want to speculate too much. I'm just enjoying the ride.
Old 09-17-13, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Brack

The two concepts are not mutually exclusive. They both "dug their own graves," and they both did some decent things thereafter. The question of how much sympathy, if any, either of them deserve is part of what makes this show genius to me.
Old 09-17-13, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Xander
I, too, did not catch the fact that Walt was taking the fall for everything when he was on the phone with Skyler. That scene was total genius now that I think back on it. And that EW article points out that it was written as Walter White trying to MAKE Heisenburg come out and make those statements. Pretty great writing and acting, IMO.
Plus someone on another forum pointed out, in the cold open, Walt was rehearsing his first lie to Skylar about having to stay late at the car wash which ties into this rehearsed lie he tells over the phone. Plus the camera angle and location in the kitchen with Skylar picking up the phone is the same with her grabbing the knife, the Holly discussion. They really put it all in that opening.
Old 09-17-13, 12:49 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
At my party, we're strongly considering banishing all the Heisenbergs to one room.
The laundry room?
Old 09-17-13, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by The Black
What about Marie? I doubt she would keep quiet about Skylar's involvement at this point. She's just as responsible for Hank's Death as Walt is.
Old 09-17-13, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,655 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Originally Posted by Brack

Nope. You make a decision, you deal with the consequences. Jessie has had moments but he could have also walked away many times and chose not to. And neither have really done anything "good" - they tend to just try to make bad situations a little better for themselves.

I think he's in over his head but again, if you don't do illegal stuff you probably won't find yourself making meth while chained up in a Nazi compound.
Old 09-17-13, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Is it to much to hope for that Badger and Skinny Pete are able to break Jesse out of his captivity? I would hate to think we've seen the very last of them.
Old 09-17-13, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Badger and Skinny Pete are undercover DEA agents.
Old 09-17-13, 02:45 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Isn't Badger on next week's Talking Bad?
Old 09-17-13, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If Jesse gets out, I'll bet Lydia has something to do with it. Last season, Mike emphatically wanted to kill her, Jesse was very strongly against it. If she remembers that and asks Todd to let Jesse go, that's his way out.
Old 09-17-13, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
Is it to much to hope for that Badger and Skinny Pete are able to break Jesse out of his captivity? I would hate to think we've seen the very last of them.
Spoiler:

I heard an interview with the guy who plays Skinny Pete Sunday night where he was asked if he was coming back in the final 2. He said "We'll see what happens" and kind of snickered.

Old 09-17-13, 02:56 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by RoyalTea
If Jesse gets out, I'll bet Lydia has something to do with it. Last season, Mike emphatically wanted to kill her, Jesse was very strongly against it. If she remembers that and asks Todd to let Jesse go, that's his way out.
No way. Lydia would want to kill Jesse, his parents, and his pot smoking little brother on the off chance that Jesse might someday mention that he once was involved in a meth operation with a woman whose name begins with "L."

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.