Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Breaking Bad -- "Ozymandias" -- 9/15/13

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will die from the episode 13 shootout?
Hank
1.49%
Gomez
26.87%
Both
65.67%
It's a Miracle! Neither!!
5.97%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Breaking Bad -- "Ozymandias" -- 9/15/13

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-13, 10:44 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,183 Likes on 835 Posts
Re: Breaking Bad -- "Ozymandias" -- 9/15/13

^Oh yeah!
Old 09-16-13, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Ruler

Received 1,278 Likes on 731 Posts

So here's my complete guess at an ending..

Walt moves to California to lay low for a time but gets contacted by Saul to say his wife is going down and will be in jail for the rest of her life - mostly because they don't have Walt ... she's the next best thing. I think he also finds out the the "blue" Meth is back in business and people are once again making money on his formula. He goes to where Todd is and he kills him and lets Jessie go telling him where his remaining cash is and saying it's for the families. Then I think he sits down with Lydia to discuss future plans and puts the ricin in the both cups (After striking a deal for some up-front cash which is included in what he gives to Jessie). Knowing he is going to die in a few days anyhow he goes to the police station to confess to it all and, in his mind, become the hero. He will have left the money to his family as he wanted to and he will have done it all his way.

I think Todd's uncle and gang have left. No point in sticking around. Plenty of money and even his uncle talked about greedy people. So I think it's Todd being greedy just trying to make more - in fact Todd may have even made a deal with uncle with his share of the money for Jessie.

I don't think there's anything noble about my guess of an ending for Walt even though it may come off that way. Instead it's him making sure his formula is gone and nobody else will profit on it and his family will have the money like he wanted all along. He wins and everyone else loses. That's the way he rolls.
Old 09-16-13, 10:48 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 908 Likes on 768 Posts

Originally Posted by bluetoast
He was shown taking it into the van with the name change guys.
that's right. thanks. but, he must have left some with Skylar, no?
Old 09-16-13, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 206 Posts

Not that we know, at least not yet.
Old 09-16-13, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Ruler

Originally Posted by bluetoast
He was shown taking it into the van with the name change guys.
I thought he had a big bag with him he threw into the van. He wasn't sitting there with a big barrel was he? No way that bag had anything close to the amount of money in that barrel. He stashed the cash somewhere (Saul?).
Old 09-16-13, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

No, he was sitting there with the barrel because I remember thinking how the size of the barrel kept changing.
Old 09-16-13, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

The barrel was there when he was being taken away. You could clearly see the barrel there with Walt and then inside the car.
Old 09-16-13, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Ruler

Oh ok... Too much going on.. I missed it
Old 09-16-13, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Walt threw the bag in the back next to the barrel. The barrel was on it's side in the back cargo area and jutting into the back seat.
Old 09-16-13, 11:04 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,183 Likes on 835 Posts

Yup, the barrel was definitely in the vehicle.

One other thing I'd kind of like to see is, while Walt is still "in hiding" or whatever, he actually SEES some meth heads; men, women, teens, etc. and how their lives are destroyed by the drug. He already knows what he's done to people, but it'd be nice for him to get one more reminder of just how many lives are affected by it all. I can't remember how much interaction he's had with plain old users, but he should see what the true cost of his "empire" really is.

Again, I don't think that'll happen, as there's not enough time in the next two episodes... but it'd be a nice "full circle" sort of thing. Wasn't the Grey Matter company all about saving people?
Old 09-16-13, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So, we STILL have people who think Walt is going to ricin himself?
Old 09-16-13, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm not 100% convinced that Saul's "guy" is legit. That seem like an easy scam: find somebody in distress willing to pay you $$$ for a "new life," take the money, then off them. If anybody digs into their disappearance, whatever made them want to run in the first place is going to be quickly discovered and blamed.

Or hell, you don't even have to kill them to take the money... anybody who is in such distress that they need to walk away from their life is in no position to call the cops or track you down for revenge.

I know Walt doesn't end up dead, but I'm not so sure he walks away with that barrel full of money.
Old 09-16-13, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by RoyalTea
Not me. I think the ricin is for Jesse and the big gun is for Todd/Nazis/Lydia...
Old 09-16-13, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought this was interesting from EW episode recap, re: the stray dog

"If Gale was the 'problem dog' and Jesse is the 'rabid dog,' what kind of dog is Walt?" At the end of "Ozymandias" as the vacuum cleaner drives Walt away, that stray dog appears. So Walt is the stray dog. Now with no family and no home."

Also, I saw this on another board, can't take credit for it!

"At least Hank died happy, surrounded by minerals!"
Old 09-16-13, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I can see Walt dying from the Ricin (eg. he tries to poison Jesse and gets tricked/forced into taking it), but it would be absolutely retarded to think he's going to commit suicide with it.

I kind of like the idea of him dying from it. Once he ingests it, his fate is sealed. There's no talking his way out of it, no Heisenberg luck, nothing... and it's a slower death, so he'd have to face the gravity of his impending end.
Old 09-16-13, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

If the producers of Breaking Bad decided to make the last episode avaiable only as a THEATRICAL RUN for the first 2 weeks and then shown on AMC, would it make money?

What would be the response from the BB fans?
Old 09-16-13, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Ruler

I think he will. There's only 2 episodes left so there's no time for the cancer to get him and he's going to go out on HIS terms. He has said time and time again he was not going to let cancer beat him. I think cooling his heels for a bit in California might make him re-evaluate things and I think him taking the ricin would force him to stay on a Walter White course vs. Heisenberg.
Old 09-16-13, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by misterchimpy
"If Gale was the 'problem dog' and Jesse is the 'rabid dog,' what kind of dog is Walt?" At the end of "Ozymandias" as the vacuum cleaner drives Walt away, that stray dog appears. So Walt is the stray dog. Now with no family and no home."
Sorry, but dogs are scared of vacuum cleaners. I don't buy that a dog, especially a stray one, would get into a car with one. But it sounds like the makings for a great Dreamworks animated film.
Old 09-16-13, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by General Zod
I think he will. There's only 2 episodes left so there's no time for the cancer to get him and he's going to go out on HIS terms. He has said time and time again he was not going to let cancer beat him. I think cooling his heels for a bit in California might make him re-evaluate things and I think him taking the ricin would force him to stay on a Walter White course vs. Heisenberg.
So there are no other options for Walter White, a chemistry genius, to end things on his own terms? Ricin is not a fast-acting substance. It would take him a week to die.
Old 09-16-13, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

California? Why do people guess he's going to CA? We've seen his new driver's license and Volvo plates with 'New Hampshire'. Also, the name of next week's episode is 'Granite State': Walt goes to NH.

*P.S. - Is it too late to vote in the poll?
Old 09-16-13, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by General Zod
I think cooling his heels for a bit in California might make him re-evaluate things and I think him taking the ricin would force him to stay on a Walter White course vs. Heisenberg.
Why California though? The tags and ID say he's from New Hampshire.
Old 09-16-13, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 846 Likes on 591 Posts

Jesse hasn't had a lot of screen time this 2nd half of the season, and given the situation where Walt is gone in hiding and Jesse is cooking - I think it would be safe to assume that Jesse will get the most screen time time next episode? I'm guessing the episode will be set a week or so after this episode.

I really can't wait. I can't get this last episode off my mind.
Old 09-16-13, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saul's guy better be David Cross
Old 09-16-13, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
The cold open was definitely newly shot footage.

Since scenes are always shot out of order, my guess is that Cranston was wearing a wig and shaved the goatee after filming of the present day scenes wrapped. Aaron Paul was also clean shaven.
Episode director Rian Johnson is tweeting behind the scenes photos, and he said that scene was filmed on the last day of shooting for the entire series.

Kind of crazy Rian Johnson also directed Fly, the bottle episode where "nothing" happened, and then this one (with Fifty-One in the middle). Probably a happy coincidence, Fly is where Walt almost confesses about Jane.
Old 09-16-13, 12:14 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

^ Those photos are great. The writer of last night's episode had a cameo as a car wash customer. Also, Walt's pants.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.