Breaking Bad -- "Buried" -- 8/18/13

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-13, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Breaking Bad -- "Buried" -- 8/18/13

Originally Posted by Numanoid
More like 80 million.
Just by the fact that Jesse had 5 million in two bags and each barrel could have held 6 bags. I guessed about 80 to 90 million to my daughter.
Old 08-20-13, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd guess the stack was supposed to represent 100 million, that they had laundered maybe 5 million of that through the car wash at best, and that perhaps the two idiots at most each took away a Jesse sized bag in addition to the one they prepared that got parked with Saul.
Old 08-20-13, 06:39 PM

Jesse's character almost ruins this show for me. I am just so sick of his guilt ridden distraughtness.
Old 08-20-13, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

How was Todd's crew able cross all that open ground before getting fired on?
Old 08-20-13, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by uteotw
Yeah, that's what bugged me the most. Hank was acting like a panicked fool. I realize he's completely freaked out and beyond, but he's still a professional and should have been acting like one. Hopefully he's much smarter with Jesse.

Loved hiding the numbers in plain sight.
Haven't made it through all the posts yet, but this is the first one I wanted to respond to.

I don't agree with Hank being much of a "professional". Sure, he was eventually promoted to being the head of the branch, but look at the way he's conducted matters in the past. I think it went right along with how his character has been built to act the way he did with Skyler. I think he's pissed that Walt has been right under his nose the whole time, and he's taking it personally. He's not thinking, and I think Walt is going to slip through his fingers.
Old 08-20-13, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by thebunk
Jesse's character almost ruins this show for me. I am just so sick of his guilt ridden distraughtness.
I agree. You would think he would have already gone full-tilt Guilty Guy over all the things that he was involved in before, especially pulling the trigger on Gale himself.

Get over it, bitch!
Old 08-20-13, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by The Infidel
Haven't made it through all the posts yet, but this is the first one I wanted to respond to.

I don't agree with Hank being much of a "professional". Sure, he was eventually promoted to being the head of the branch, but look at the way he's conducted matters in the past. I think it went right along with how his character has been built to act the way he did with Skyler. I think he's pissed that Walt has been right under his nose the whole time, and he's taking it personally. He's not thinking, and I think Walt is going to slip through his fingers.
You know, I think I know how the show is going to end. I have a feeling that Lydia and Hank are going to both close on Walt and think they have him, but he's going to set it up for them to take one another out.

...then he gets hit by a bus. I'm really very sure Walt gets hit by a bus.
Old 08-20-13, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

It's going to end with Walt realizing that his family better off far, far away from him. He leaves Skylar and his children all the money. Then he pays Saul to help him 'disappear'. We see Walt take on a new identity and just run away. Then the last half hour of the finale is the pilot to Malcolm in the Middle.
Old 08-20-13, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thebunk
Seriously. Honestly, I've never found him to be a compelling or interesting character at all. He's just a whiny bitch. Jesse only becomes more of a pussy with each passing episode.
Old 08-20-13, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Originally Posted by Moopher
Seriously. Honestly, I've never found him to be a compelling or interesting character at all. He's just a whiny bitch. Jesse only becomes more of a pussy with each passing episode.
Right because Jesse has a conscious about the things he's done makes him such a pussy . Seriously the guy has been through a ton of shit and some people believe it or not don't have what it takes to be cold blooded killers or have no sense of guilt over committing crimes. Jesse is the human element of the show and things have been building up for him slowly through the course of the show and he's been cracking more and more with each event (Jane's death, the killing of Gale, Brock being poisoned, Todd killing Drew, and of course the meth and how it's impacted people's lives). I think most people who have a moral sense of right and wrong would react the same way as him if put in similar situations.

Granted, yes he's done his share of bad things throughout the show but I look at the character as being a lost soul of sorts who was on a bad path in life and who got tangled up with a person who he wanted to take direction from but instead that person led him down a path for the worse.
Old 08-20-13, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
Right because Jesse has a conscious about the things he's done makes him such a pussy . Seriously the guy has been through a ton of shit and some people believe it or not don't have what it takes to be cold blooded killers or have no sense of guilt over committing crimes. Jesse is the human element of the show and things have been building up for him slowly through the course of the show and he's been cracking more and more with each event (Jane's death, the killing of Gale, Brock being poisoned, Todd killing Drew, and of course the meth and how it's impacted people's lives). I think most people who have a moral sense of right and wrong would react the same way as him if put in similar situations.

Granted, yes he's done his share of bad things throughout the show but I look at the character as being a lost soul of sorts who was on a bad path in life and who got tangled up with a person who he wanted to take direction from but instead that person led him down a path for the worse.
Well said.

Originally Posted by Goat3001
It's going to end with Walt realizing that his family better off far, far away from him. He leaves Skylar and his children all the money. Then he pays Saul to help him 'disappear'. We see Walt take on a new identity and just run away. Then the last half hour of the finale is the pilot to Malcolm in the Middle.
Old 08-20-13, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by kstublen
Well said.

Look who came out of hiding.
Old 08-20-13, 10:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Manco
How was Todd's crew able cross all that open ground before getting fired on?
Was wondering the same thing.
Old 08-21-13, 05:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have a horrible feeling that the lottery ticket is going to get thrown away by someone who doesn't know what it is.
Old 08-21-13, 05:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts

You can tell in his interviews, his real life personality is a lot like the character of Jesse. I don't see a long and productive career for Aaron Paul.

He has been almost non-existent in the first 2 episodes. I'm sure he'll get shit revved up here soon enough.
Old 08-21-13, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Then the last half hour of the finale is the pilot to Malcolm in the Middle.
This has been in the internet for a long time. I'm hoping that someone from MITM makes a cameo in the finale, just as a wink to this.

And wow! I can't believe there are Jesse haters!!! I have no words.
Old 08-21-13, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Throwing Copper
You can tell in his interviews, his real life personality is a lot like the character of Jesse. I don't see a long and productive career for Aaron Paul.

He has been almost non-existent in the first 2 episodes. I'm sure he'll get shit revved up here soon enough.
Is this a joke? Aaron Paul seems like he's pretty into his career and I'm sure he'll be sought after for roles after Breaking Bad.
Old 08-21-13, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Yeah he said that he's not like Jesse at all aside from the fact that they both like kids. And he seems to have Spielberg's attention, otherwise he wouldn't have been chosen for Need for Speed based solely on Breaking Bad.
Old 08-21-13, 01:42 PM

Yeah, I don't get it. He might be the human element to the story, but it's not an interesting angle to me. Especially when you don't learn from your mistakes, that's when my sympathy and interest disappear. He's just a sobbing pussy to me these days.
Old 08-21-13, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

a paul is going to have a great career, and has the emmys to prove it, he will be star for years to come..

dude is awesome...
Old 08-21-13, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I don't get it. He might be the human element to the story, but it's not an interesting angle to me. Especially when you don't learn from your mistakes, that's when my sympathy and interest disappear. He's just a sobbing pussy to me these days.
I wouldn't say he hasn't learned from his mistakes. There's a clear difference in Jesse's character by say season four (maybe even season three really) versus the way he was in season one. He's done bad things throughout the course of the series but it's clear he has regrets about what he's done/been involved with, but I think at the same time is conflicted about owning up to it for fear of his own safety (until recently at least).
Old 08-21-13, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

I'll take Walter White in his classroom looking at a snowglobe when the bell rings and brings him back from his daydream.
Old 08-22-13, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by Throwing Copper

I've met him. He was more than hospitable and personable when he could have played the Hollywood asshole role. I half expected the obligatory nice to meet you and move on thing... he was more than outgoing with about 5 of us at his latest movie shoot. I have this guy's back mostly because I think he evolved a ton on BB and because he was such a down to earth guy --- who is nothing like Jesse Pinkman.
Old 08-22-13, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Mike86
I wouldn't say he hasn't learned from his mistakes. There's a clear difference in Jesse's character by say season four (maybe even season three really) versus the way he was in season one. He's done bad things throughout the course of the series but it's clear he has regrets about what he's done/been involved with, but I think at the same time is conflicted about owning up to it for fear of his own safety (until recently at least).
I started rewatching the series. I have never done this before so my memory of the show is based on my original viewing of all the episodes years back. I had forgotten that Walt basically forces Jesse to help him cook from the beginning, and drags him along every step of the way. I think Jesse is a very sympathetic character. Sure at some point he becomes 100% complicit, but it is interesting to see how much his character has changed since season 1.
Old 08-22-13, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chowderhead
I'll take Walter White in his classroom looking at a snowglobe when the bell rings and brings him back from his daydream.
That would be the best way to get the loudest collective "D'OH!" from every viewer worldwide, probably followed by the sound of a sad trumpet going "WAH-WAH-WAH-WAAAAAAAH".

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.