TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

"Bad Ink" - Premier

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-13, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
"Bad Ink" - Premier

From the A&E site:

Set against the glitzy backdrop of Las Vegas, also known as "the mistake capital of the world," Bad Ink is a buddy comedy featuring renowned tattoo artist Dirk Vermin and his trusted sidekick and best friend of 20 years, Ruckus.

Dirk and Ruckus are a Rat Pack for the 21st Century. Forget the martinis and tuxedos, these guys are known for their politically incorrect attitudes and being Las Vegas' unofficial aficionados of terrible tattoos.

Now they're taking their Vegas swagger out onto the bright lights of the Strip, ambushing convention goers, tourists and locals alike, and inspecting the worst bad ink they can find. For a lucky few, Dirk will be able to work his magic and transform their terrible tats into amazing body art.

We'll see the ultimate in cringeworthy tattoos and hear the stranger than fiction stories behind these almost-permanent mistakes. And there will be unexpected moments along the way: Dirk and Ruckus' uniquely comedic take on life in Vegas, Dirk's adventures raising two young daughters as a single dad and, of course, some Vegas style fun (and trouble) as these two larger-than-life characters rid the world of bad ink.

-----------

Now, I detest ink on women (and don't care what men do) but I know plenty of tattoo regret stories. So I could buy the premise. These guys cruise the Las Vegas Strip (uh huh) and talk to folks with obvious bad tats. A nice twist shows Dirk as a family man and very dedicated to his daughter Tigerlily.

The ones who become clients are unique in that they aren't the kind of people who are heavily tatted. One was a dorky guy in town for a convention who had to lose a tat of an old girlfriend with a proposal to "merry" him. Another was a school teacher who got a completely wrong tat while in Mexico.

The tattoo fix guys look like a continuance of the Counting Cars crew, but the people with the bad tats make it intriguing. You also see genuine reactions of pain on their faces. As long as the customers remain interesting, this could be worth watching.