TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

True Blood -- "Life Matters" -- 8/11/13

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-13, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
True Blood -- "Life Matters" -- 8/11/13

Synopsis:

A desperate Bill (Stephen Moyer) tries to ferry Warlow (Rob Kazinsky) away from the faerie plain, but Sookie (Anna Paquin) is having none of it. Meanwhile, Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) arrives at vamp camp, looking to inflict serious human damage. In Bon Temps, friends and family take emotional turns remembering a fallen neighbor. Bill feels the pull of Lilith's (Jessica Clark) sirens.

Written by Brian Buckner; directed by Romeo Tirone

Episode 9 of 10

Next week is the season finale
Old 08-11-13, 08:27 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Re: True Blood -- "Life Matters" -- 8/11/13

Good Lord, I can't think that there are many more worse ways to go than having your dick ripped off followed up by having your face caved in.
Old 08-11-13, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really, really, really loved this episode. I am always a True Blood fan, but it was really the best episode they have had in years. It likely should've been the season finale because I am not sure how they are going to top it next week.

That said, the ending has me kind of freaked out. Where the hell is Eric going and why is he not in the trailer for next week? If Eric leaves the show, I will lose my shit.
Old 08-11-13, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by onebyone
I really, really, really loved this episode. I am always a True Blood fan, but it was really the best episode they have had in years. It likely should've been the season finale because I am not sure how they are going to top it next week.

That said, the ending has me kind of freaked out. Where the hell is Eric going and why is he not in the trailer for next week? If Eric leaves the show, I will lose my shit.
From an article I read, Eric will definitely be in the last episode...

Spoiler:
and it was hinted that he will be there in all his glory

I was so glad they paid homage to Terry's character.. some touching moments. The Revenge of the Vampires was fun
Old 08-11-13, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,017 Likes on 628 Posts

Jesus Christ, did they really have to spend 2/3 of the fucking episode on Terry's funeral? What a waste. He was a tertiary character and there was no point that I can see to all that. It really makes no sense. It's the next-to-last episode of the season, how about moving the plot along a little further? The vamp camp stuff was good, but the rest of it was awful.
Old 08-11-13, 11:03 PM

Thank you so much leeta from pulling me off the ledge! I was distressed.

I've watched the episode three times tonight. I've got Dexter on the DVR but I cannot stop watching True Blood.

Edited to add: It just hit me that the finale scenes are probably
Spoiler:
poor Jason's sex dreams and not actual Eric scenes. I am reconsidering panic mode again.

Last edited by onebyone; 08-11-13 at 11:26 PM.
Old 08-11-13, 11:30 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Liked the episode tonight. Didn't advance the plot much, but I did enjoy the flashbacks with Terry.
Old 08-12-13, 12:02 AM

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

I wonder why they didn't (or probably couldn't) get Katherine Helmond back to play Caroline Bellefleur since she originally player her a few seasons back.

The lady playing her is okay but nobody does old Southern Belle better than Katherine Helmond
Old 08-12-13, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by bluesix
I wonder why they didn't (or probably couldn't) get Katherine Helmond back to play Caroline Bellefleur since she originally player her a few seasons back.

The lady playing her is okay but nobody does old Southern Belle better than Katherine Helmond
Hey, I was just coming in here to post that. I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be the same character or not but the credits confirmed that Helen Slayton-Hughes played Caroline Bellefleur which is the same character Katherine Helmond played. I'm guessing she's too old to act at this point. Other than stuff like this, the show does a really good job of bringing back minor characters every so often.
Old 08-12-13, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Cellar Door
Jesus Christ, did they really have to spend 2/3 of the fucking episode on Terry's funeral? What a waste. He was a tertiary character and there was no point that I can see to all that. It really makes no sense. It's the next-to-last episode of the season, how about moving the plot along a little further? The vamp camp stuff was good, but the rest of it was awful.
We'll agree to disagree...that was the main reason I loved this week's show. After dismissing Terry's character so matter-of-factly a few weeks ago, this seemed like an appropriate send-off. It also helped in getting the show back to its "roots" (which I hear is where they are heading next season).
Old 08-12-13, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, Terry's funeral was ok. And it was a good contrast to the vampires scenes.
Old 08-12-13, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by mrx
good lord, i can't think that there are many more worse ways to go than having your dick ripped off followed up by having your face caved in.
word!
Old 08-12-13, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
We'll agree to disagree...that was the main reason I loved this week's show. After dismissing Terry's character so matter-of-factly a few weeks ago, this seemed like an appropriate send-off. It also helped in getting the show back to its "roots" (which I hear is where they are heading next season).
Terry might not have been an exciting character, but I liked him, and I was sad to see him go! They did him right in this episode!

Last edited by boss429; 08-12-13 at 10:26 AM. Reason: ttttttttt
Old 08-12-13, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MrX
Good Lord, I can't think that there are many more worse ways to go than having your dick ripped off followed up by having your face caved in.
Agreed. That was pretty brutal.

I enjoyed this episode. The Vampire's revenge was fun to watch.

I was sad to see Terry go. The funeral scenes weren't bad. I thought the racist old grandma at the funeral was kinda funny.
Old 08-12-13, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ditto. I fast forward the funeral scenes.
Old 08-12-13, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by onebyone
Edited to add: It just hit me that the finale scenes are probably
Spoiler:
poor Jason's sex dreams and not actual Eric scenes. I am reconsidering panic mode again.

Spoiler:
I would LOVE to see Eric fuck the heck outta Jason. 0
Old 08-12-13, 02:11 PM

This was the worst TB episode ever, in it worst season. Terry's funeral scenes were fucking awful and excruciating to watch, as we're the flashbacks. The vamp camp finale was embarrassingly predictable. Vampires kill humans and then smash bottles full of poisoned TB? Wow THAT wasn't a predictable ending at all! I cheered when Terry died and they waste an episode on the airbags that is his funeral? Embarrassing episode all around and full of so much stupidity I felt as if my head would explode.
Old 08-12-13, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

Harumph!
Old 08-12-13, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

So are all the vamps with Warlow's blood now expecting to be able to withstand sunlight permanently? Or are they expecting it to wear off?
Old 08-12-13, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn. Rookie bringing the heat with that post.

Old 08-12-13, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

I love you.......Jason Stackhouse!

Seems like an odd episode. Terry was a secondary character on the show who didn't have much of any plots except the thing last year. Weird to have a whole episode about his funeral.
Old 08-12-13, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,017 Likes on 628 Posts

I love Ginger's screams.
Old 08-12-13, 04:17 PM

I love Ginger's screams.
No one screams like Ginger. She's my favorite screamer. When Eric was all, "I know that scream," I was

Originally Posted by windom
So are all the vamps with Warlow's blood now expecting to be able to withstand sunlight permanently? Or are they expecting it to wear off?
Bill has been daywalking for awhile now. I am guessing that it's permanent, but I guess we will see. If it is part time, they better hurry their sexy asses inside just in case.

I love you Jason Stackhouse!!!! I don't know what was funnier, him saying or or the look on Jason's face immediately afterward.

Oh and to LiquidSky, the spoilers say:
Spoiler:
Eric has one “sexy and provocative” scene. “There’s definitely something for the ladies and the gay men,” Buckner says. “We might see a certain body part.”

That has Jason & Eric doing more than shaving written all over it.

Last edited by onebyone; 08-12-13 at 04:39 PM.
Old 08-12-13, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Normanoak announced his presence with authority, lol
Old 08-12-13, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What was with that cutaway to Honolulu? That looked more like a theft of True Blood.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.