DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Bridge -- "Maria of the Desert" -- 7/31/13 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/612441-bridge-maria-desert-7-31-13-a.html)

DJariya 07-31-13 09:10 PM

The Bridge -- "Maria of the Desert" -- 7/31/13

http://imageshack.us/a/img11/5206/v2lp.jpg

Synopsis:

Episode 4 / Production #104 - "Maria of the Desert" (Airs July 31, 10:00 pm e/p) -The clock ticks as Maria's broadcast continues. Sonya searches for the girl's location. Against protocol, Marco works a unique ransom angle. A powerful Juarez force crosses the border. Written by Chris Gerolmo; directed by Bill Johnson.

Episode 4 of 13

johnnysd 08-01-13 01:52 AM

Re: The Bridge -- "Maria of the Desert" -- 7/31/13

I suspect a lot of people gave up on this show as it had a rough start, but the last couple episodes and especially this one have been dramatically better. Really quite interesting and well done.

writer106 08-01-13 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by johnnysd (Post 11784226)
I suspect a lot of people gave up on this show as it had a rough start, but the last couple episodes and especially this one have been dramatically better. Really quite interesting and well done.

I watched the first three episodes in a marathon a few days back. I thought things improved in episode 3. I enjoyed this episode too because we are starting to get additional hints on the back stories of Linder, Sonya, and Hank.

Fist of Doom 08-01-13 05:35 AM

I haven't been keen on this show so far, but loved this episode. They picked up the pace and didn't beat us over the head with the fact that Sonya has Asperger's. I also liked the scene with Marco and the drug lord.

boss429 08-01-13 01:58 PM

Love this show! :thumbsup:

Deftones 08-01-13 07:41 PM

so the weird dude isn't a murderer, but he's just a guy that helps women disappear? that's an interesting turn.

Matt925 08-01-13 09:58 PM

I've been really enjoying it from the beginning. Great show.

Red Dog 08-02-13 08:20 AM

I go back and forth over it between every episode. I definitely enjoyed this one.....

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom (Post 11784267)
I haven't been keen on this show so far, but loved this episode. They picked up the pace and didn't beat us over the head with the fact that Sonya has Asperger's. I also liked the scene with Marco and the drug lord.

.....probably helped by that fact.

Hard to believe the FBI agents would say their real names to the kidnapper like that though.

Ropes Pierre 08-02-13 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Red Dog (Post 11785616)
Hard to believe the FBI agents would say their real names to the kidnapper like that though.

i was expecting something se7enish/him doing something to the guy's family. nice reveal on the cell phone video.

i am surprised people didn't take to this show, and the lead's off putting manner was so off putting to people in real life. i thought it was interesting and a nice change from the norm.

*shoulder bumps thread repeatedly*

Geofferson 08-02-13 12:40 PM

Good episode this week. Although there were a lot of subtitles in this one, so I suspect it won't be a ratings darling anytime soon. ;)

The sequence at the end was pretty good. Like the turn of the bearded guy also. Glad to see Jon Gries is still getting roles.

SonicCookie 08-02-13 01:10 PM

Who was the woman on the video at the end? I did not recognize her.

Deftones 08-02-13 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Geofferson (Post 11785915)
Good episode this week. Although there were a lot of subtitles in this one, so I suspect it won't be a ratings darling anytime soon.

i guess the international ratings for this are stellar. one of the highest rated international shows right now.

TGM 08-02-13 05:49 PM

couldn't make it through an hour of the pilot. shame, because I've usually loved all of FX's stuff, even Lights Out

DJariya 08-03-13 04:13 AM

Probably the best of the recent episodes that have aired.

Really surprising ending with the drop going bad and then the FBI guy getting decapitated. And that video was quite interesting.

And yes, Sonya wasn't as annoying.

A lot of Spanish dialogue in this episode with subtitles, so you really had to pay attention.

Dragon Tattoo 08-03-13 10:13 AM

I suspect a lot of people gave up on this show as it had a rough start,

It did?

I loved episode one. :(

kitkat 08-03-13 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo (Post 11786675)
It did?

I loved episode one. :(

Yeah, I don't have much to say about it but I've been really enjoying the whole thing. I've also seen and really liked the Scandinavian version, I don't know if that helps.

Pointyskull 08-09-13 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 11786567)
And yes, Sonya wasn't as annoying.

I've come to really enjoy the character. I think Kruger is doing a great job, and I applaud the show for not hammering Sonya's Asperger's over our heads.

It made the viewers feel that same awkwardness other characters experience when we first met her on the bridge in the pilot.

Trelach24 08-09-13 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre (Post 11785813)
i was expecting something se7enish/him doing something to the guy's family. nice reveal on the cell phone video.

They did a horrible job of explaining that because I have no idea what happened/who that was. (I haven't watched the next episode yet)