Suits -- "Unfinished Business" -- 7/30/13

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 07-30-13, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 91 Likes on 73 Posts

Synopsis:

Harvey's client is arrested for murder; Katrina attempts to win over Louis, who's still stewing over Mike's rejection; and a British version of Harvey makes waves at the firm.

Episode 3 of 16
Old 07-31-13, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Suits -- "Unfinished Business" -- 7/30/13

Lost the first half hour due to the DTV problem. Fortunately, there is a re-air tonight.
Old 07-31-13, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a bit strange that they changed this show to a single story line format like Breaking Bad or The Killing. The case-of-the-week format they used to have (where the long story arch was addressed mostly in subplots) made the show seem lighter.

I'm not sure which version of the show I like better yet.
Old 07-31-13, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 91 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Navinabob View Post
Its a bit strange that they changed this show to a single story line format like Breaking Bad or The Killing. The case-of-the-week format they used to have (where the long story arch was addressed mostly in subplots) made the show seem lighter.

I'm not sure which version of the show I like better yet.
I have the season 2 DVD and one of the featurettes talked about how the show changed from season 1 to season 2. Gabriel Macht specifically talked about how the show changed from essentially a fluffy procedural to more serialized storytelling. I personally think it's for the better. USA shows for the most part aren't highly regarded as compelling TV on a lot of message boards like this. I think most of the people in this forum probably think all their shows are fluff.

Edit:

Following up on Red Dog's comment, my recording of Suits also bad due to DTV's problems last night. Recording the 10pm PT re-air tonight.

Last edited by DJariya; 07-31-13 at 07:48 PM.
Old 08-01-13, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Ugh... thanks for nothing DTV.

Last edited by devilshalo; 08-02-13 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Hmm.. Only the HD feed was interrupted. SD feed was fine thank god.
Old 08-02-13, 04:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
I have the season 2 DVD and one of the featurettes talked about how the show changed from season 1 to season 2. Gabriel Macht specifically talked about how the show changed from essentially a fluffy procedural to more serialized storytelling. I personally think it's for the better. USA shows for the most part aren't highly regarded as compelling TV on a lot of message boards like this. I think most of the people in this forum probably think all their shows are fluff.
I think it's for the better too. I liked this show from the beginning, but since moving to a heavier serialized style I feel like it isn't as disposable as it was in the first season.

I'm having a hard time rooting for Harvey this season. Typically he's been the lovable rogue who did what it took to win. But this season I just don't find him likeable at all. First his giving Mike the cold shoulder. If this was all I could understand, but now his plans to outs Jessica? Not to mention him pulling the rug out from under Litt yet again. Litt and Spectar's relationship is really starting to feel like that of Lex Luthor and Clark Kent from Smallville. It's like Harvey is turning Litt into a super-villain before our eyes. In the first season Harvey getting the best of Litt was fine because Litt was an asshole, but now that his corners have been rounded I want to see Litt win one for once. Be accepted.

But a really tight season so far. The show feels incredibly dense, which I can dig.
Old 08-02-13, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I think it got much better starting with S2 with all the firm politics and such.
Old 08-02-13, 10:14 AM

I really liked Lewis's line to Mike, when he was courting him to be his associate, that Mike was half Harvey and half Lewis. I wish they played that up more and had Mike going back and forth between them, or at least have Harvey and Lewis work together on a case.

I know that they've set up Havey and Lewis to kind of be firm antagonists to each other, but they've really done a good job of making Lewis more sympathetic and likable.