Dexter -- Season Premiere -- "A Beautiful Day" -- 6/30/13

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 06-29-13, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,770 Likes on 1,303 Posts

Synopsis:

The eighth season begins six months following LaGuerta's murder. Debra works as a private investigator, with Batista replacing her as lieutenant. Meanwhile, Miami Metro investigates a murder in which the victim had pieces of his brain removed.

12 episode final season

Promo:

<param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=2487879240001&playerID=29474209001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAAA9pg~,GnOHJwU2r3sFsJRSf1bvZ_iPYmWg8io0&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=2487879240001&playerID=29474209001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAAA9pg~,GnOHJwU2r3sFsJRSf1bvZ_iPYmWg8io0&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

Starts Sunday night at 9pm. Looking forward to it.
Old 06-29-13, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 734 Likes on 600 Posts
Dexter -- The Final Season -- Season Premiere "A Beautiful Day" -- 06/30/13

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
The eighth season begins six months following LaGuerta's murder. Debra works as a private investigator, with Batista replacing her as lieutenant. Meanwhile, Miami Metro investigates a murder in which the victim had pieces of his brain removed.

Episode 1 of 12

Well this is it. The final twelve episodes for the series start tomorrow night. I have to say I'm going to miss it when it's over. It's had a couple rocky seasons (mostly season six and some of season five) but overall I've enjoyed the series a lot. Really curious to see how things play out and what the final fate of Dexter will be.
Old 06-29-13, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Dexter -- Season Premiere -- "A Beautiful Day" -- 6/30/13

Shit, I must have been getting my post ready at the same time as you were.
Old 06-29-13, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

Daaaamn. He divorced that?
Old 06-29-13, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had no idea this was coming back until a week when I saw a promo on another channel. I guess they decided Homeland can carry itself and Ray Donovan needed a lead-in.
Old 06-30-13, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Do you think Showtime will have these episodes On Demand when Homeland comes back on? I don't want to get Showtime right now because I just got HBO for another show and do not want to pay an extra $40/month for television.
Old 06-30-13, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

^I'd be surprised if they didn't.
Old 06-30-13, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by hippie68 View Post
Do you think Showtime will have these episodes On Demand when Homeland comes back on? I don't want to get Showtime right now because I just got HBO for another show and do not want to pay an extra $40/month for television.
Yes, it should be there 3 months from now. Showtime's streaming site www.showtimeanytime.com will also carry it as well. They have every season posted.

Originally Posted by actionjackson29 View Post
I had no idea this was coming back until a week when I saw a promo on another channel. I guess they decided Homeland can carry itself and Ray Donovan needed a lead-in.

Homeland is being used as a lead in for Masters of Sex in the Fall.

http://www.sho.com/sho/masters-of-sex/home
Old 06-30-13, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 130 Likes on 88 Posts

What an odd promo pic looking forward to see how this all ends.
Old 06-30-13, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,331 Likes on 960 Posts

Originally Posted by hippie68 View Post
I have DirecTV and they have all of the episodes of Dexter, Weeds, Californication, and Shameless available, so they'll probably still have Dexter's final season up then, too.
Old 06-30-13, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Just caught it on an early stream. Interesting segway to the season, great ending with Vogel to make you wonder where it's going.
Old 06-30-13, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll spoiler my thoughts just in case.

Spoiler:
Holy fucking shit that was pretty intense. Dexter is totally losing it at this point in time. Between not being able to talk to Deb and flying off the handle at people easily (Harrison, the guy who cut him off in traffic) plus not to mention another senseless, unplanned kill. Also kind of curious about this Vogel character. I figured she was going to eventually discover Dexter's secret but I wasn't expecting the reveal at the end. Really curious as to how she plays in with Harry and what she knows about Dexter.

Deb's storyline seems pretty interesting too and Jennifer Carpenter is a damn fine actress. I think we all figured that what happened on the seventh season finale was going to impact her life in a big way but she really played that up and is right there with Dexter in losing it only for different reasons obviously. Really strong start to the season though and I really hope these last eleven episodes hold as strong.
Old 06-30-13, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't wait for next Sunday
Old 06-30-13, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts

Damn on that Jamie sex scene.
Old 06-30-13, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Solid start to the season. It'll be interesting to see where the serial killer expert thing goes. It doesn't seem that she has any interest in turning Dexter in and it seems that she may have known Harry. I'm thinking she will lead Dexter back to his roots and we learn something new about his origin that turns everything on its head.

Jennifer Carpenter is really great, though I don't want an entire season of whiny Deb.

I've been rewatching early seasons of Entourage so it was cool to see Billy Walsh.
Old 06-30-13, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat3001 View Post
It doesn't seem that she has any interest in turning Dexter in and it seems that she may have known Harry.
I think it is more likely that Harry told Matthews the whole truth about Dexter, and that Matthews told her.
Old 07-01-13, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The previews provided some answers but they're considered spoilers, so I will spoiler.

Possible spoiler regarding Dr. Evelyn Vogel...
Spoiler:
I think it's worse than Matthews told her about Dexter. Instead, I think she's the one who told Harry how to focus Dexter's psychopathic behavior. It opens up all kinds of possibilities. Was she just curious to see if it'd work? Had she done it before? She may not be pristine herself.

This season looks really interesting to me.
Old 07-01-13, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MikahC View Post
The previews provided some answers but they're considered spoilers, so I will spoiler.

Spoiler:
I think it's worse than Matthews told her about Dexter. Instead, I think she's the one who told Harry how to focus Dexter's psychopathic behavior. It opens up all kinds of possibilities. Was she just curious to see if it'd work? Had she done it before? She may not be pristine herself.

that is an interesting possibility
Old 07-01-13, 03:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23 View Post
Damn on that Jamie sex scene.

"f#$%ingpassword"

Great start to the season.
Old 07-01-13, 03:57 AM
DVD Talk God

Great start to the new season.

I love the new dynamic with Deb being a loose cannon and out of control. This is really giving Jennifer Carpenter a chance to shine as an actress.

and why the fuck did Aimee Garcia have to cover her breasts during that sex scene? God Damnit!! She showed her butt crack, so why not let loose some more?

Charlotte Rampling's Vogel is an interesting new character. Should provide a great dynamic with her and Dexter considering she knows his secret.

Interesting to see Geoff Pierson back in the opening credits as a series regular. Matthews is probably going to be a vital character in this final season.

Last edited by DJariya; 07-01-13 at 04:06 AM.
Old 07-01-13, 04:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,331 Likes on 960 Posts

Anyone else get the vibe that Vogel is the brain-scooper?

Her knowing about "Harry's Code" certainly seems to point in the direction that she helped Harry create the serial killer Dexter eventually became.

Maybe she's created other serial killers, and the brain scooper is one them. Seems like she knows more about the killer than she's letting on.
Old 07-01-13, 05:55 AM

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,878 Posts

Originally Posted by MikahC View Post

Spoiler:

I feel like I read from a producer that this is exactly what it is...
Old 07-01-13, 07:14 AM

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Here's a couple sneak preview promo clips for next week's episode that may explain Vogel's motives with Dexter.

http://www.seat42f.com/dexter-season...eek-clips.html

And also I have a couple of plot holes about this first episode that I just thought of:

Spoiler:
How can Deb be an "undercover agent" when she was Captain of Miami Metro and had her face all over the news constantly? Everyone knew who she was - unless Briggs never watched TV??

And also, how did Matthews get his job back - that seemed to be never explained!
Old 07-01-13, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Deb wasn't operating in Miami, but yeah she would be more known, good point.

As for Matthews, didn't he make a deal with LaGuerta? I believe it was only in regards to his pension, but after her death, maybe things were put in motion and he was asked back.

Also was anybody else wondering how many times they were going to have Dexter call Deb? "The user's mailbox is full" was played like 2 million times.
Old 07-01-13, 08:31 AM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

LOVED it. No interest in the new cop woman this late in the game but it's great having Matthews back.
I do hope Deb comes around sooner rather than later, but this does seem like a realistic scenario, all things considered.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.