DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Hannibal -- Season Finale -- "SAVOUREUX" -- 6/20/13 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/611507-hannibal-season-finale-savoureux-6-20-13-a.html)

DJariya 06-20-13 09:21 PM

Hannibal -- Season Finale -- "SAVOUREUX" -- 6/20/13

http://imageshack.us/a/img844/2345/hannibaljm.jpg

Synopsis:

HANNIBAL PROVES TO BE NO FRIEND TO WILL; JACK AND ALANA COME TO BELIEVE WILL IS CAPABLE OF MURDER - When Will (Hugh Dancy) returns from Minnesota without Abigail (Kacey Rohl), Hannibal (Mads Mikkelsen) turns Will in, and Jack (Laurence Fishburne) and the BAU team find strong evidence of Will having killed not only Abigail, but possibly being the Copy Cat Killer. Jack and Alana (Caroline Dhavernas) begin to accept that Will is indeed capable of murder. Will is arrested, plans a desperate escape, and takes Hannibal back to Minnesota to clear his name and prove he's being framed. But before he can, the situation takes another ugly and unexpected turn. Gillian Anderson guests.

Episode 13 of 13

Remember, this was renewed. Will return sometime in 2014 for season 2.

BenboC 06-20-13 09:41 PM

Re: Hannibal -- Season Finale -- "SAVOUREUX" -- 6/20/13

I can't wait!

Perhaps if they tried the Korean promo approach, maybe it would do better in the ratings.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eghxpdav3vo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

andicus 06-21-13 12:30 AM

Loved, loved, LOVED that ending! Especially that they used Vide Cor Meum.

Man, would that have been a painful finale if they hadn't renewed.

johnnysd 06-21-13 01:23 AM

Fantastic season ending. One of the surprises of the year, a show which got better which each episode. Extremely daring for network TV.

malichai 06-21-13 02:14 AM

And here I was saying in the previous thread how there couldn't be any tension in this episode because obviously Will was going to get off and someone else would be taking the blame. I have no idea where they are going to take this show next season, but I suppose I'll still be along for the ride.

wm lopez 06-21-13 08:39 AM

The show is so great I'm afraid it will make real life copy cats watching the show feel like their actions
are normal and o.k.

Josh-da-man 06-21-13 03:04 PM

Does Dr. Du Maurier (Scully) know that Hannibal is a serial killer?

Seemed like this was implied when she mentioned his "pattern" to him.

Deftones 06-21-13 03:20 PM

Crazy ending. Kick ass show. Glad it is coming back. :up:

stopgap 06-21-13 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 11739436)

I'll admit I watch this show as background but had noticed this as well. It felt like she knows something more personable about him. Is one reading too much into that?

Tom Creo 06-21-13 08:52 PM

I gotta admit: The whole clock thing is awesome.

zoomgirl 06-21-13 09:14 PM

I wonder if he was serving up Abigail. He mentioned they hadn't found the body.
I can't eat when I watch this show...lol.

DJariya 06-22-13 03:21 AM

:thumbsup:

Crazy good finale and ending. Great directing by David Slade. Hopefully he returns in season 2 to direct more episodes. I really like his style.

Agree that would have been an awful ending had the show not gotten renewed.

Hannibal is nuts. Such a crazy elaborate plan to frame Will. Once he found out about Will's condition, he totally used that to his advantage.

I kind of felt bad in the previous episode when Abigail's number was up.

BenboC 06-22-13 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by stopgap (Post 11739603)
I'll admit I watch this show as background but had noticed this as well. It felt like she knows something more personable about him. Is one reading too much into that?

She definitely knows something is off about Hannibal; to what extent we don't know yet. She also hesitated about eating the "controversial veal" meat as well. It is important to note how similar they are in terms of demeanor, status, how they talk to people, some little things like pouring a glass of wine for their patients.

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 11739962)
Great directing by David Slade. Hopefully he returns in season 2 to direct more episodes. I really like his style.

I am sure David Slade is going to direct more episodes since he serves as an executive producer for the show. I was quite impressed with his work on the Awake pilot from last year. It is surprising he doesn't do more big screen work since he obviously has a great eye for engaging shots.

skacore 06-22-13 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by stopgap (Post 11739603)
I'll admit I watch this show as background

Hannibal would find that quite rude!

sleepyhead55 06-22-13 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by zoomgirl (Post 11739801)

I think it was her that he was serving up. He mentioned how young the veal was and other comments that make me think it was her.

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 11739962)
:thumbsup:

Crazy good finale and ending. Great directing by David Slade. Hopefully he returns in season 2 to direct more episodes. I really like his style.

Agree that would have been an awful ending had the show not gotten renewed.

Hannibal is nuts. Such a crazy elaborate plan to frame Will. Once he found out about Will's condition, he totally used that to his advantage.

I kind of felt bad in the previous episode when Abigail's number was up.

Yeah, Slade definitely has a cinematic feel in his directing style. I felt bad for Abigail too as I had grown to like her character throughout the season.

It'll be interesting to see if Dr. Bloom catches on to Hannibal's act. She seemed kinda suspicious of him the last two episodes. Will really has very few allies right now, aside from maybe Dr. Bloom and the Asian FBI agent.

MikahC 06-22-13 03:15 PM

So many things fit together just right with this show. Unlike in the movies, Jack Crawford was a significant character in the books. His wife's situation was covered, and he was a bit "drawn" to Clarice Starling. Hannibal's (TV show) handling seems consistent.

Hannibal was a emotionless sociopath in the books before Harris kind of messed up the character in the last book (Hannibal). The TV show is getting this so right. When SleepyHead55 talks about how elaborate the Will setup is, that's exactly Hannibal. And it's not out of any type of malice. Hannibal's playing Sudoku. Will gets it exactly right when he says Hannibal did it just to see what would happen.

And how nice a shot is it where Hannibal's the one outside the cell at the mental hospital? That place will become his home one day.

Dr. Bloom was a welcome addition to the whole episode. You don't want Hannibal to get away completely with everything. No crime is perfect. It's rewarding to have an intelligent person able to reasonably piece together pieces (even if not the full puzzle). I'm glad Will drew the Crazy Clock. I'm glad she concluded Encephalitis. Unfortunately, she thinks Hannibal and the MD missed it because it's easy to miss.

A well-done psychological thriller? I'm in for season 2.

My Other Self 06-22-13 04:02 PM

Absolutely loved the ending scene. The year-wait is going to suck, but I'm more than thankful we even got a second season.

One of the best-acted and written shows on TV. I hope the second season can muster up better ratings.

joefrog91 06-22-13 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 11739436)

Gillian Anderson mentioned in an article- EW, I believe - that her character knows something is up, but is not quite sure what.

DJariya 06-22-13 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by mcfly (Post 11740301)
Absolutely loved the ending scene. The year-wait is going to suck, but I'm more than thankful we even got a second season.

One of the best-acted and written shows on TV. I hope the second season can muster up better ratings.

It won't be on Thursdays at 10pm anymore, so that's a positive.

Troy Stiffler 06-23-13 02:43 PM

Good ending. Another season of watching a torn down Will would have been too much.

I look forward to Hannibal VS Will next season.

dalbowski 06-23-13 05:28 PM

Great final scene.

mikehunt 06-23-13 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by zoomgirl (Post 11739801)

I think so
with her relative young age being the reason he picked veal as the cover

gordon2 06-24-13 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by joefrog91 (Post 11740559)
Gillian Anderson mentioned in an article- EW, I believe - that her character knows something is up, but is not quite sure what.

I think she knows that he picks violent (or however she phrased it) patients to either share in the murders or frame them if they reject his ways.

blairwitchfan 06-24-13 02:36 PM

I rarely nit-pick but it was really annoying when they kept saying "lures". Those aren't lures, they are flies and no would call them lures. I guess they figure the average viewer would be confused.

johnnysd 06-24-13 04:49 PM

I thought it was brilliant in how it brought together so many little seemingly throw away details from previous episodes like the flies and the phone call which really seemed to be the huge weak link of the story. One of the better season ending episodes I have ever seen, making the rest of the season so much better.