TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother 15

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-13, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 116 Likes on 92 Posts
Re: Big Brother 15

Originally Posted by mwbmis
The saddest part of GM's breakdown was that Nick didn't really like her all the much. He thought she was annoying. To his credit, he's saying nice things about her and their in house friendship in his interviews.
After Danielle last year I believe the Producers are just sadistic and they are purposely casting women oblivious enough to fall for gay guys.
Old 07-15-13, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

In Danielle's defense, when she wasn't pining over Shane, she did manage to play a little game last summer. Her social game was probably the best in the house. I've seen no evidence that GM really knows that there is a game going on.
Old 07-15-13, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by dolphinboy

I like Helen, but even if you weren't paying close attention, you can see she's playing to hard and too loose.
I think she is still a good contender for the win cause the last few rounds always come down tobrainy comp skills. Handicapping the cast I would say the winner most likely is coming down to McCrae Helen,Amanda,Jud and Andy.

Of the rest
Elissa -I have a hunch the Producers will kind of conspire to get her out later in the season to deflect claims about the unfairness of the mvp essentially making the hoh meaningless.

Candice will go far but is jury fodder.

Jessie is Porsche 2.0 good instincts,sticks to her word but would have
trouble in a f2 "for not not making big moves"

Howard is a nice guy who is just over matched by smarter players and not jumping from TMC sinking ship earlier

Of the super racists
Jeremy,GM,Aaryn,Kaitlyn,Spencer. Maybe 1 or 2 of them might randomly be dragged along by a power player for a jury vote but none of them are winning.
Old 07-15-13, 04:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts

Gotta love that, for the first time in fifteen seasons, CBS felt the need to put a disclaimer up that the racist shit the houseguests are spewing does not represent the views of opinions of CBS.

Way to go, Aryan and GM!
Old 07-15-13, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Did I miss the trip to Helen's HOH room or did they not show it last night?
Old 07-15-13, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by hippie68
Did I miss the trip to Helen's HOH room or did they not show it last night?
You didn't miss it. The back bedroom/racism confrontation took place right after the trip to Helen's HOH room. There was a race to get out of Helen's room to claim the beds. Eventually both Candice and Jessie "let them win".
Old 07-15-13, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
Wasn't there a recent story about Aaryn and Jeremy cheating in the HOH contest? If it was true, shouldn't the producers deal with it on the show, especially if there's proof of it out there on the web?
Reports have stated that they were caught and told to stop playing for 3 minutes while everyone else continued. Was not enough to change the outcome of the competition so they had no reason to bring it up.
Old 07-15-13, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts

Not only has the MVP made the HoH nominations meaningless (though at least in week 1 the HoH determined that the MVP nomination was the target), it's probably the easiest way for the producers to influence the game. Really, having Rachel's sister be revealed when everyone else is an unknown was pretty blatant, but even after that they can manipulate the show to show what they want. I mean, I have no idea who votes for these things, but I'm assuming most are just casual watchers of the show and not BBAD or feed watchers.
Old 07-15-13, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You didn't miss it. The back bedroom/racism confrontation took place right after the trip to Helen's HOH room. There was a race to get out of Helen's room to claim the beds. Both Candice and Jessie "let them win".
Yeah we missed it - this whole bit wasn't shown on last nights show.
We never got the whole "Who wants to see my HOH room?" deal.
Old 07-15-13, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by LaxBandit
Yeah we missed it - this whole bit wasn't shown on last nights show.
We never got the whole "Who wants to see my HOH room?" deal.
I meant that it wasn't shown on the TV show. It was on BBAD that night. Nothing in particular happened. The excitement came in the race for the beds and the ensuing fights.
Old 07-15-13, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 213 Likes on 189 Posts

I meant that it wasn't shown on the TV show. It was on BBAD that night. Nothing in particular happened. The excitement came in the race for the beds and the ensuing fights.
Well, the deal was that Helen and her allies went way over the top with it, laughing and giggling, just to rub it in to Aaryn, Jeremy and The Widow GinaMarie.
Old 07-16-13, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate Elissa! Almost as much as I hate Dave Hestor in last season's "Storage Wars!"
Old 07-18-13, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You know, every year I swear I will never watch Big Brother again and every year I keep coming back. Guilty pleasure, yadda, yadda. Just wanted to make a few comments:

1. I appreciate the BB After Dark thread -- it's a great resource to keep up to date on the things that Grodner doesn't want you to see.

2. Speaking of that slimeball Grodner, I see she's still cynically manipulating and interfering with the hamsters. How in the name of all that is holy does she still have a job?

3. I agree with the consensus on this group -- this is easily the vilest group of people that has ever been assembled for this show.

4. While I really hated Rachel, I kinda like Elissa; she's far sweeter and far more humble than her sister. Unfortunately, she's also far less competitive.

5. Kaitlin, Kaitlin, Kaitlin. With all due respect to Rodgers and Hammerstein, how do you solve a problem like Kaitlin? When it comes to the major players in BB history I've always either put them on a pedestal (Dr. Will) or demonized them (Natalie). But I've never wanted to do both. Duh. Never even thought about it. Until Kaitlin. First of all, she is without a doubt one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen (I seriously think she has the looks for a TV/movie career); second, her comments and worries about her dad not approving demonstrate that she's from a good family; and third, it's become pretty evident from the competitions in the last few weeks that she's also very smart. On the other hand, she has absolutely horrible judgment. She aligned herself with the bullies (this ain't highschool sweetheart -- this is a competition for serious money and this ain't how you win it); she's said things that she will obviously regret (but unlike Aryan at least she has the brains to realize it); and she has terrible taste in men (she can do MUCH better than the Cherokee Chump). She's dug herself into a hole that's way too deep for her to save herself but if she's smart, and she is, she will spend her remaining time in the house (hopefully without the Chump) on redemption. She needs to swallow her pride, be humble, and use this time to rehabilitate her image. For herself, her family, and her career. Who knows, she might even start to have a little fun. And hopefully her judgment will improve as she matures a bit. Well, a lot.

FWIW, I wanted to say this about Kaitlin because of all the members of the "Axis of Evil", I think she's the only one who isn't a lost cause. Aryan and Spencer and Gina-Marie are utterly hopeless and beyond redemption.
Old 07-18-13, 10:08 AM

Well put, Flave.

I'd like to add, can someone please hose down Gina Marie? I don't think she's cleaned herself since Nick left.
Old 07-18-13, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I think Kaitlin is just as bad as the other two. I've watched the feeds twice now, one of those times being after last weeks eviction. Kaitlin may have been the worst that night even though the focus was on Aaryn in the tv edit. She was terrible towards both Jessie and Candice.
Old 07-18-13, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts

Yeah, Kaitlin is just as much of a bully/mean popular girl as the rest of them, at least with what I've been able to watch. Her catchphrase "this is so highschool" is said unironically.
Old 07-18-13, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by fujishig
Yeah, Kaitlin is just as much of a bully/mean popular girl as the rest of them, at least with what I've been able to watch. Her catchphrase "this is so highschool" is said unironically.
I just hope "fans" of the show remember this about Kaitlin, Jeremy, GM and, while he's a nicer person, you really can't let Spencer off the hook either for the stuff he said.

CBS is doing a whale of a job just trying to make GM seek wacky and Kaitlin as a bit slutty and they've even made Jeremy come off as being pretty sympathetic lately. All of them are "better" than Aaryn, but they're all mean bullies who've said and done unacceptable things just the same.
Old 07-18-13, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Can they please give Jessie more TV time? She is straight bad but I guess must be boring?
Old 07-18-13, 07:56 PM

Other then her random desperation for a showmance week 1 Jessie has been one of the nicest people in house. I haven't seen her say a single bad thing.
Old 07-18-13, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts

Aaryn just said she's being discriminated against. Hilarious.
Old 07-18-13, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The MVP nomination. McCrae and Amanda did have their own agenda (Howard vocally campaigned to try to get Amanda out), but their reasoning was sound as Kaitlin winning veto proved. Spencer was useless; Howard would have fought hard for that.

As for why they were mad (and some of what they showed was after Elissa had made the nom). Elissa was waffling about always having to put up the strong guys and be the target. Finally, they got her to agree. While she was in the DR, McCrae told people he was MVP to take the pressure off of her. He also told Howard why he was thinking about nominating him. Then Elissa came out and had nominated Spencer. That was some scrambling. There are now HGs who believe that McCrae has been MVP the last two weeks.

Helen got a bad case of HOHitis this week (it didn't go unnoticed). She's a little power hungry, and started making wholesale deals that she can't promise (like Kaitlin being safe for weeks and weeks if she did this for the house). Also, since they didn't show it; Kaitlin is really close with Andy. That helped smooth things over.

Don't be fooled by tonight. Jeremy is an EPIC douchebag. I will give him credit though. A lot of people roll over. He tried anything and everything to stay, and he reacted so much better than you could possibly imagine to the events that happened this week. He kept a cool and level head. Of course, he's still the guy that rubbed Elissa's hat in his butt crack b/c he didn't like her.

Two new alliances were formally agreed upon this week...

The Knockouts
Helen, Elissa, McCrae, Amanda, Judd, Andy

Of course the Knockouts is just a cover for this alliance...

The Goof Troop
McCrae, Amanda, Judd, Andy

I guess the new MVP is just Grodner's way of making sure that Aaryn gets nominated. I haven't looked at any live feed reports since the live show, but I don't think Judd would have put her up. My guess that the people in most danger from Judd are Howard and GM (she blames him alone for Nick's eviction and he knows it).

Also, don't be misled by Judd's edit (or lack thereof). He's a superfan. He knows the game really well. Also, the bear shirt belongs to him not Helen or McCrae. I'm sure we'll somebody else wearing it next week.
Old 07-19-13, 12:04 AM

So first season watching this show, so some potentially dumb questions.

Is the MVP thing new? If not, does it always end up being the same week in week out. Seems like they should tweak it (like maybe the person who gets it isn't eligible for the fan voting the next week?).

Does Helen strike anyone else as ridiculously phony? It appears like they are trying to edit her well. As I mentioned I haven't seen past seasons but based on how other reality shows are done, it looks like they are trying to edit her up, in terms of gameplay and personality.
Old 07-19-13, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts

Originally Posted by wirefan
So first season watching this show, so some potentially dumb questions.

Is the MVP thing new? If not, does it always end up being the same week in week out. Seems like they should tweak it (like maybe the person who gets it isn't eligible for the fan voting the next week?).
The MVP is new this season. This is actually the first season where they've had three people nominated for eviction. It's always been two since the first season.

Like Survivor, they do tinker with the format from season to season. Some of the changes work, some don't.

I'm guessing the reason they're taking away the MVP this week is because Elissa has been dominating it and the voting pattern they're seeing indicates that she's going to win it every week. And, by giving the MVP nomination to "America," it pretty much guarantees that Aryan is going to be put it up, and it's a not very subtle way of letting her know everyone watching hates her.
Old 07-19-13, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I haven't gotten to watch it yet, so I have no idea how they're changing the MVP, but the Goof Troop alliance doesn't seem best for Judd. Andy is well-liked by all, so his biggest concern is people realizing he might just win because of that. But Judd, however well he's playing, is going to take on some serious heat from the jury if he goes to the end. I wouldn't want to be up against Amanda or Andy as of now and looking forward. I saw Helen drop like a rock at Jokers so I assumed she had a "bad" HOH reign and Elissa would have a tough time winning this against any of the likely people right now to make it to the end. A lot can still change, but as of now, that's a weird final 4 for Judd to have chosen to go with. It's kind of risky for Amanda too. She can't cut McCrae out, but Andy is maybe the one person she'd rather not end up with either.
Old 07-19-13, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think Jessie figures in somewhere in Judd's plan too. I think it's a good group for him to be in. Andy and McCrae are super fans. Between the three of them, not much anyone else does in the house is going to get past them. As for Amanda, she's so crass I don't see any way she survives much beyond jury. She will rub someone the wrong way and they'll do something about it.

Judd has really good interpersonal relationships with just about everyone there, and he's not annoying people like some of the people he's aligned with. He's playing to win.

If he made a mistake it was in winning this HOH b/c he didn't really need to. The Goof Troop was supposed to throw this one, but I think he was leery of what Kaitlin would do (that probably would have been a Spencer/Howard nomination, but she was a wildcard).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.