Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother 15

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-13, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 421 Likes on 305 Posts
Re: Big Brother 15

I know is everyone is angry at the cast, but tonight's show showed some promise. Candice was beginning to catch on to the guys, Howard showing he seems smarter than Jeremy and Nick. Jeremy beginning to dig his own grave with his alliance, and hopefully some power shifting instead of The Moving Company running the entire game.
Old 07-10-13, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no idea what's going on inside the house, but tonight's broadcast episode didn't show that much promise to me. Howard's interest in seeing Jeremy go seems to be more down the road and more rooted in protecting himself than it does in him really wanting to do something to get Jeremy out soon.

Candice is a smart cookie, but it doesn't seem like she has enough people to listen to her. The nasty people seem to still be very much in control and not very threatened.

When Aaryn said, "shocker" to Jeremy's selection to go up, I wanted to reach through my screen and do something to her only Dexter would normally do. I think she fits the code.

I know it's easy to bag on Elissa's face, but she seems a whole lot more stable and NICE than her sister. And she's far less annoying. She's also not as good at the game.
Old 07-11-13, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
I have no idea what's going on inside the house, but tonight's broadcast episode didn't show that much promise to me. Howard's interest in seeing Jeremy go seems to be more down the road and more rooted in protecting himself than it does in him really wanting to do something to get Jeremy out soon.

Candice is a smart cookie, but it doesn't seem like she has enough people to listen to her. The nasty people seem to still be very much in control and not very threatened.

When Aaryn said, "shocker" to Jeremy's selection to go up, I wanted to reach through my screen and do something to her only Dexter would normally do. I think she fits the code.

I know it's easy to bag on Elissa's face, but she seems a whole lot more stable and NICE than her sister. And she's far less annoying. She's also not as good at the game.
Agreed on all points. I think Candice has figured out what's going on, but the guys seem stable enough and they've almost each got one of the girls in their pocket. Half the girls are convinced the guy they've hooked up with is trustworthy and will do what they say rather than listen to Candice's theory.

I don't know what's going on After Dark, but for those of us watching the episodes only, I just don't see how Candice/Helen/Elissa have any chance of surviving this unless they can totally expose the boy's alliance and get all the girls rallied together.

Yet again we have a season where the guys start playing the game in episode one and the girls figure things out a couple weeks later only after it's too late.
Old 07-11-13, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I don't think I have ever been as happy with an episode as I was with this one on so many levels. They good guys control the vote in all ways. I'm sure one will get the MVP so I expect one of those bullies to be going home and I don't care which one as long as it is Aryan or Jeremy.

MC worst alliance in history of BB
Old 07-11-13, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Elissa's staying pretty much came together yesterday.

Julie's lack of knowledge of the house goings on led her to misrepresent things to Nick. Spencer had very little to do with this, at least directly.

There is however one person who had a LOT to do with it who got ZERO recognition on the show.

JUDD!

Quite frankly, this does not happen without the work that Judd has been putting in. Jessie did not flip b/c of Elissa and Helen. She flipped b/c of Judd. Judd has been subtly working her for more than a week. I say working, but really he's just been her friend. The other people in her previous alliance abused her verbally both to her face and behind her back. Judd is nice, and when Judd finally broached the subject then Jessie wanted to work with her friend. If Jessie doesn't flip then McCrae doesn't flip.

While McCrae obviously flipped in large part b/c of Amanda, his comfort level with Judd in the house is very easy to see. Judd is a great alliance partner for him. He's smart, but people inside the house underestimate him b/c he's folksy. Nick was smart too, but he wore that like a badge of honor. The only thing Spencer (and Howard, and Nick, and Jeremy) did that caused this was they were obviously scheming to get rid of Amanda next. Too fast, too soon and clearly McCrae didn't like it.

Why Spencer voted the way he did... Judd figured out Spencer and Howard earlier this week, and they were supposed to be in lockdown around them. However, Helen bless her heart is just not good at gamesmanship. She made a coy remark to Spencer earlier today, and he figured it out. Since he's been lying all week about how he was going to vote, he might as well go ahead and vote that way just to "prove" he wasn't lying.

The bad thing about Helen winning is that she still trusts Spencer. Ugh. Hopefully, Jeremy will go next.
Old 07-11-13, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Spoiler for Size

Spoiler:

Last edited by stingermck; 07-11-13 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-11-13, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by magiccmom
For sheer ineptitude, it's hard to beat the Mrs. Robinson alliance in BB8.
Old 07-11-13, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

There is hope for the season! I enjoyed this episode more than any in recent history. Yeah, I know it's just a game, but it's good to see the good guys come out on top for a change.
Old 07-11-13, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by mwbmis
Elissa's staying pretty much came together yesterday.

Julie's lack of knowledge of the house goings on led her to misrepresent things to Nick. Spencer had very little to do with this, at least directly.

There is however one person who had a LOT to do with it who got ZERO recognition on the show.

JUDD!

Quite frankly, this does not happen without the work that Judd has been putting in. Jessie did not flip b/c of Elissa and Helen. She flipped b/c of Judd. Judd has been subtly working her for more than a week. I say working, but really he's just been her friend. The other people in her previous alliance abused her verbally both to her face and behind her back. Judd is nice, and when Judd finally broached the subject then Jessie wanted to work with her friend. If Jessie doesn't flip then McCrae doesn't flip.

While McCrae obviously flipped in large part b/c of Amanda, his comfort level with Judd in the house is very easy to see. Judd is a great alliance partner for him. He's smart, but people inside the house underestimate him b/c he's folksy. Nick was smart too, but he wore that like a badge of honor. The only thing Spencer (and Howard, and Nick, and Jeremy) did that caused this was they were obviously scheming to get rid of Amanda next. Too fast, too soon and clearly McCrae didn't like it.

Why Spencer voted the way he did... Judd figured out Spencer and Howard earlier this week, and they were supposed to be in lockdown around them. However, Helen bless her heart is just not good at gamesmanship. She made a coy remark to Spencer earlier today, and he figured it out. Since he's been lying all week about how he was going to vote, he might as well go ahead and vote that way just to "prove" he wasn't lying.

The bad thing about Helen winning is that she still trusts Spencer. Ugh. Hopefully, Jeremy will go next.
Wow! Loved this episode and thank you so much for the real recap as always, mwbmis. I look forward to your post weekly!

I had wondered if Judd was in a good place because he seems like he's not on anyone's radar. Good to know he's playing the game. I certainly (as seen by my earlier post) didn't see any way Elissa would be staying...guess things do change in the BB house!

Now if Helen will put Jeremy and Aaryn up, one of them "ought" to go home this week. I imagine Elissa will get MVP again, or Helen.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
Old 07-12-13, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
Wow! Loved this episode and thank you so much for the real recap as always, mwbmis. I look forward to your post weekly!
Since I didn't mention him, and he was barely on the show I thought I'd add that Andy was right in the middle of this too. He was reassuring Jessie and talking with Amanda and McCrae. This was a big jump risk for McCrae who could have had Amanda vote the other way. She would have done it. He hasn't talked about it, and this is just my observation but it appeared that Andy and Judd played a big part in helping McCrae feel ok with what he did.

Andy had a good week, and he probably not going anywhere for a while.
Old 07-12-13, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Since I didn't mention him, and he was barely on the show I thought I'd add that Andy was right in the middle of this too. He was reassuring Jessie and talking with Amanda and McCrae. This was a big jump risk for McCrae who could have had Amanda vote the other way. She would have done it. He hasn't talked about it, and this is just my observation but it appeared that Andy and Judd played a big part in helping McCrae feel ok with what he did.

Andy had a good week, and he probably not going anywhere for a while.
Boy, that's why it's so difficult to form an opinion about this cast. The edit makes it look like Amanda really has a problem with the way that "mean" side does things and that she was smart enough to know breaking them up was in her best interest for now. I really don't see how getting rid of Elissa would have been good for Amanda's game compared to getting rid of Nick.

Yet, you pretty much say she would have voted that way. Just when I was starting to warm up to Amanda for first trying to tell Aaryn about her problem and then for her being very blunt in the DR about what her reaction showed about her character and then I hear that she would have gone along with the other side if she had been asked to.

I think I only know I like Howard and Helen. Judd's pretty good and Elissa's only problem is that she looks too much like her sister (if there were only two women in the world left and it was Rachel and Elissa, I'd still have no problem picking Elissa). Candice isn't bad, but I don't like her either and I'm definitely warming up to Jessie. But Amanda was making the biggest leap in my opinion until you told me that.

I wish I had the time to watch the feeds, but I just can't do that anymore. Only if Jeff and Jordan were there (or Susie).
Old 07-12-13, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Boy, that's why it's so difficult to form an opinion about this cast. The edit makes it look like Amanda really has a problem with the way that "mean" side does things and that she was smart enough to know breaking them up was in her best interest for now. I really don't see how getting rid of Elissa would have been good for Amanda's game compared to getting rid of Nick.

Yet, you pretty much say she would have voted that way. Just when I was starting to warm up to Amanda for first trying to tell Aaryn about her problem and then for her being very blunt in the DR about what her reaction showed about her character and then I hear that she would have gone along with the other side if she had been asked to.

I think I only know I like Howard and Helen. Judd's pretty good and Elissa's only problem is that she looks too much like her sister (if there were only two women in the world left and it was Rachel and Elissa, I'd still have no problem picking Elissa). Candice isn't bad, but I don't like her either and I'm definitely warming up to Jessie. But Amanda was making the biggest leap in my opinion until you told me that.

I wish I had the time to watch the feeds, but I just can't do that anymore. Only if Jeff and Jordan were there (or Susie).
Well, she wasn't happy about it, and she talked about voting the other way even if it meant nothing several times. She and McCrae also made a seperate deal with Aaryn, Kaitlyn, and Jeremy. It's just it became increasingly obvious that the rest of the MC were gunning for Amanda.

I don't think we can say for sure how big of a squawk she would have put up if McCrae told her they were voting out Elissa late in the week. But she did say earlier in the week that she would do what he wanted this week.

Before you completely jump off the Amanda bandwagon, I would do some reading about what just happened in the house.

Spoiler:
She laid the smack down on Aaryn. Racism came up. It was a BOOM moment.
Old 07-12-13, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by magiccmom
I don't think I have ever been as happy with an episode as I was with this one on so many levels. They good guys control the vote in all ways. I'm sure one will get the MVP so I expect one of those bullies to be going home and I don't care which one as long as it is Aryan or Jeremy.

Me too, I couldn't stop laughing.
Old 07-12-13, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,933 Likes on 1,495 Posts

I have never been so excited to watch BBAD (granted, this is the first season I've been able to do so, but still).

I was really surprised that they didn't show more about why the house turned like it did. I understand not wanting to spoil the vote, but I thought for sure we'd at least get a flashback to see why people changed their minds.
Old 07-12-13, 02:31 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Sometimes, when there's a big vote switch like that they show the flashback's on the next episode. I remember a few "One hour before the live show..." segments in the past.
Old 07-12-13, 06:13 PM

Received 116 Likes on 92 Posts

Don't think they will do that this Sunday cause they want Helen to be MVP so they need to keep up the appearance she swung that vote.
Old 07-12-13, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
Now if Helen will put Jeremy and Aaryn up, one of them "ought" to go home this week.
I imagine Elissa will get MVP again, or Helen.
Have Helen put Aaryn (since she put Helen up last week) and either GinaMarie or Kaityn - then have the MVP (if its Helen or Elissa or one of the others who voted out Nick) put up the other one. Don't put up Jeremy - don't given him the chance to play for the Veto. He only plays is if his name is drawn out of that bag. If hes picked and wins and decides to take off one of nominees then throw up Spencer and get rid of one of the two other "ladies" that are left. If hes picked/doesn't win or not picked and once the veto is used, throw his ass up there and send him home.

Last edited by LaxBandit; 07-12-13 at 10:41 PM.
Old 07-12-13, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
Sometimes, when there's a big vote switch like that they show the flashback's on the next episode. I remember a few "One hour before the live show..." segments in the past.
Yeah, they'll do that if a bunch of shit is going down in the house on the day of the live show.

I think they probably already have all of the non-live segments edited and prepared to air during the live show, so when stuff is going down that morning they don't have time to edit it down for the live show, especially if the situation is still volatile.
Old 07-12-13, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This time the shift happened on Wednesday when Judd finally officially secured Jessie. It gave McCrae the votes he needed to flip and side with the people he wanted to align with anyway. Not that feed watchers had any idea what McCrae was truly thinking at the time.

It was set up to be a "who knows" vote with McCrae as the swing until Helen got cute with Spencer on Thursday AM, and he flipped his vote too.
Old 07-14-13, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Helen mastermind edit. In a word...no. True, she is part of the core of the larger alliance (Judd, Andy, McCrae, Amanda, Helen, and "sort of" Elissa), but she is hardly a mastermind. She might be an intelligent woman in real life, but she's not very good at BB. If you don't want a secret to get out then don't tell Helen.

The whole "convincing Spencer" thing from the beginning of the episode wasn't because she was convincing. It was because she had loose lips and told him how the vote was going to go no matter how he voted.

The Moving Company reveal...McCrae told Amanda, Andy, and Judd Thurs PM/Friday AM. Amanda got to Helen before her talk with Jeremy so she already knew.

Howard was supposed to be a nominee b/c of his boneheaded game play and b/c McManda, Andy, and Judd don't trust him at all. In addition to his unnecessary lies, they think he's using his religion. There was genuine surprise when he wasn't one of the two nominees. The prevailing sentiment among live feed watchers was that the DR appeared to step in so it wasn't Howard/Aaryn.

Helen claims to have wanted the MVP to nominate Howard, but we'll have to wait for the Wednesday show for that.
Old 07-14-13, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't know more than what I see, but I like Howard. I think his lies come from the same insecurity that he has that allowed him to understand the racist crap that Candice wanted to fight back against. It was actually heart-breaking when he said to Helen to please not nominate/have him evicted because he had nowhere to go. I think he's afraid to tell the truth, because he's used to not being believed in life. Just my opinion, but I like the man.

The Helen mastermind edit wasn't nearly as significant as the Aaryn is the worst POS to have ever been on a reality show that I've seen edit. I actually was stupid enough to think Aaryn was really apologizing to Candice. That not real apology only made her appear even more hateful and racist.

GM just looks like a clown. They really should put EX-pageant coordinator beneath her name now. GM should be the only one mocked for how they speak, definitely not Candice.

I like Helen, but even if you weren't paying close attention, you can see she's playing to hard and too loose. She's a sweet person, I have no doubt, but she doesn't ever shut that yapper and while it's not coming across as mean like those on the other side, she's definitely playing a cocky game.

Elissa is Rachel's sister and the MVP every week and she was practically not involved in tonight's episode. Makes me root for her to go far even more.

I want to like Amanda the most, but I just can't seem to ever get all the way there.

The ugliness of this season has really taken a lot of enjoyment out of this season so far, but hearing that the producers are trying to manipulate the game is really unfortunate. I don't care what kind of contract they sign, if they're being told how to vote or directed on what to do, I think they should talk about it openly when they leave. No one ever has, so I'm still left to believe the manipulation isn't that bad, but that the players are so paranoid, stupid, desperate and isolated, that even the slightest thing can cause them to go in the direction the producers want.

I hope something good comes out of this show for Howard.
Old 07-15-13, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't know more than what I see, but I like Howard. I think his lies come from the same insecurity that he has that allowed him to understand the racist crap that Candice wanted to fight back against. It was actually heart-breaking when he said to Helen to please not nominate/have him evicted because he had nowhere to go. I think he's afraid to tell the truth, because he's used to not being believed in life. Just my opinion, but I like the man.
For the most part I like the man too, and I really feel for him for the racist BS he's had to put up with this summer, but he's also playing a lousy, stupid game.

They cast that rogue vote on Thursday to try to stir the pot. The problem was that no one believed it. Mccae, Judd, & Andy knew who cast the vote and why it was cast immediately. It was such a boneheaded move that even Spencer didn't want to do it. Then they both tried to blame Jessie. Then they tried to blame Amanda. And even after all of that, even after he knows that the MC has been outed and Spencer had told him that he has to do a mea culpa he still lied.

There's more I want to say about Howard, but I have to wait for the show to catch up.
Old 07-15-13, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The saddest part of GM's breakdown was that Nick didn't really like her all the much. He thought she was annoying. To his credit, he's saying nice things about her and their in house friendship in his interviews.
Old 07-15-13, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Wasn't there a recent story about Aaryn and Jeremy cheating in the HOH contest? If it was true, shouldn't the producers deal with it on the show, especially if there's proof of it out there on the web?
Old 07-15-13, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

The saddest part of GM's breakdown was that Nick didn't really like her all the much. He thought she was annoying. To his credit, he's saying nice things about her and their in house friendship in his interviews.
Plus, she lost sight of the fact that she went into the house to win $500K, not to find a boyfriend. Too bad she's letting her emotions run her game.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.