The Vampire Diaries -- Season Finale -- "Graduation" -- 5/16/13

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-13, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
The Vampire Diaries -- Season Finale -- "Graduation" -- 5/16/13

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

On Graduation Day, Mystic Falls is overrun with ghosts intent on settling old scores and fulfilling their supernatural destinies. Damon's (Ian Somerhalder) life is in danger after a ghostly encounter, while Matt (Zach Roerig) and Rebekah (Claire Holt) join forces to battle a ghost determined to find the cure. As everyone gathers for the graduation ceremony and the ghosts converge, help comes from an unlikely hero. Caroline (Candice Accola) receives a touching and unexpected graduation present, and Bonnie's (Kat Graham) plan leads to the closing of the veil. Elena (Nina Dobrev) makes a decision about the Salvatore brothers and faces an epic confrontation with Katherine (Nina Dobrev). Finally, Stefan (Paul Wesley) discovers a horrifying clue to the mystery surrounding Silas. Chris Grismer directed the episode written by Caroline Dries & Julie Plec (#423).

Episode 23 of 23

Some of you probably aren't aware, but Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev broke up fairly recently. Hopefully that doesn't cause problems on the series next season.
Old 05-18-13, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Vampire Diaries -- Season Finale -- "Graduation" -- 5/16/13

Really tired of Elena going back and fourth between Stefan and Damon.
Ashame Bonnie was killed but read her character will still be around so that's good news.
Old 05-18-13, 02:45 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Interesting revelation at the end there. Curious to see how it pans out next season. Also, I really hope that the Matt/Rebekah storyline is played out on screen next season, as opposed to it starting with them getting back from their road trip.
Old 05-19-13, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

That felt like a strange finale. Too many things were going on and many of the smaller storylines felt squeezed in since some of the cast is running off to the spinoff. The Silas reveal did little for me but I guess Stefan has to be given a more critical role, now that he is not Elena's one true love.
Old 06-06-13, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Finished the last 4 episodes last night. I agree with Phantom's comment. They really crammed a lot into that last hour.

Strange season finale. The Silas reveal at the end was interesting. The Stefan cliffhanger is pretty predictable. Since he's a Vampire, he can't die by drowning.

I'm was really surprised Bonnie died. But, I'm sure her ghost form will continue to be a presence on the show.

So Jeremy is back from the dead. Is Alaric back too? They didn't really clarify that at the end. Plus with Matt Davis' show Cult cancelled, he needs a job.

With Elena stuffing the cure in Katherine's mouth, I guess that officially kills her being human ever again.

Also, Rebekah is moving on to The Originals in the Fall. So I assume she and Matt will part ways when he returns to Mystic Falls.
Old 06-06-13, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Supermallet
Also, I really hope that the Matt/Rebekah storyline is played out on screen next season, as opposed to it starting with them getting back from their road trip.
Claire Holt (Rebekah) is now a series regular on The Originals. She won't be back on TVD in the Fall.

I'll check out The Originals, but I'm glad that Klaus, Elijah and now Rebekah are leaving TVD. Too many characters and the storylines were cluttered.
Old 06-06-13, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Claire Holt (Rebekah) is now a series regular on The Originals. She won't be back on TVD in the Fall.

I'll check out The Originals, but I'm glad that Klaus, Elijah and now Rebekah are leaving TVD. Too many characters and the storylines were cluttered.
I like those characters so I have no problem watching them on their new show.
Old 06-06-13, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I like those characters so I have no problem watching them on their new show.
I'm fine with those 3. This is an instance where it's good they have their own show. As I said, there just wasn't enough screen time or story to keep them in TVD and then please TVD fans with stories on the core characters. Klaus was getting on my nerves.
Old 06-06-13, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Also, Rebekah is moving on to The Originals in the Fall. So I assume she and Matt will part ways when he returns to Mystic Falls.
Maybe he'll move on to THE ORIGINALS also... ?
Old 06-18-13, 06:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Been back logged and had 5 or 6 of these stacked up.

I agree with whoever said this season has been a real roller coaster of a ride. Some good plot points and some that didn't quite pan out.

I did like bringing some of the ghosts back, but I felt like a lot more could have been done with so many back. I think Lexie and Alaric were the brightest parts, and even Jeremy to some extent. It really let some characters had a chance at closure.

I'm mixed on the other doppelgänger plot point. I guess it's neat, but this Silas plot has never quite played well. The threat was better than the execution.

I have wondered what might happen if dop killed dop. I was expecting that via Elana/Katherine. I guess that could happen with Silas and Stephan.

Btw, does this mean doppelgänger Daemon?

I wonder if Ketsia is an Elana doppelgänger. Could talk to Stephan and Elana "true love".

Guess Jeremy is back?

Happy to see Bonnie dead. Unfortunately she's probably not gone.