Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Happy Endings - Season Finale - Deuce Babylove 2: Electric Babydeuce / Brothas & Sisters

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Happy Endings - Season Finale - Deuce Babylove 2: Electric Babydeuce / Brothas & Sisters

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-19, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Happy Endings - Season Finale - Deuce Babylove 2: Electric Babydeuce / Brothas & Sisters

Originally Posted by RichC2
Murphy Brown, Rosanne, Arrested Development and Will and Grace have been pretty bad as continuations. Family Guy fell off pretty big from its first 3 seasons but it was headed that way regardless. Beyond that, 24: Legacy, Prison Break and X-Files were also jarringly off.
Murphy Brown and Rosanne came back as different shows because of the changing TV/political landscape, not because it had this cult following who want the exact same show on the air like the other shows. I didn't watch W&G or the AD reboot but 70-80% of previous Happy Endings would immediately be a top 3 network sitcom for me.
Old 08-07-19, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Re: Happy Endings - Season Finale - Deuce Babylove 2:Electric Babydeuce/Brothas & Sis

Originally Posted by Decker
Copying my post in the Streaming Forum : VUDU Thread :

All three seasons of Happy Endings are on sale for $9.99 each this whole month as part of the Monthly TV Deals (75% off Season 1, 85% off for Seasons 2 & 3). That is an easy purchase for me!
https://www.vudu.com/movies/#!conten...ings-TV-Series

I still haven't ever seen the two-part finale.
I was sad when I realized this was an old post
Old 08-07-19, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Re: Happy Endings - Season Finale - Deuce Babylove 2: Electric Babydeuce / Brothas & Sisters

I loved this show for what it was and it doesn't need to come back.
Old 08-07-19, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I loved this show for what it was and it doesn't need to come back.
Agree, I guess, but I would LOVE an episode that recreated that table-read reunion above.
Old 05-01-20, 06:03 PM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts

The “Bitch Sesh” podcaster and “Black Monday” actor joined the Variety After-Show, presented by National Geographic, to break down the latest “Real Housewives of New York.”

Wilson rated the episode a nine out of ten, saying: “I was just laughing… I love these women. To what do we owe the pleasure that we’re back at fashion week with Beverly Hills and New York?”

After her “Happy Endings” co-star Eliza Coupe appeared in the livestream’s chat, Wilson also revealed to Variety that a charity reunion is in the works that will include new material.

“We’re going to do a little reading of something at this time,” Wilson said. “We’re gonna get together and do a little new material. Eliza and I are not going to lift one finger but the writers, they’re tapping away.”

Though there has been conversation surrounding a full reboot of the show, Wilson said that nothing has come to fruition.

“Every time we’ve tried it’s fallen apart and I’m just so upset,” Wilson said. “But then I’m like, do people want to see us at this age?”

When asked what her “Happy Endings” character, Penny Hartz, would be doing in quarantine, Wilson said that she would either be freshly broken up with or complaining about the fact that her wedding had to be canceled.

“I feel like she tried to rope a guy into quarantining with her and it didn’t work,” Wilson said.

As for what Wilson herself has been doing during this period of isolation, productivity is key. She revealed that she has been writing the movie “Theater Geek” with Mickey Rapkin, in addition to working on a book and attending to her two toddler-aged children.
https://variety.com/video/casey-wils...-new-material/
Old 07-16-20, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

The reunion will be streaming live this Monday at 7 pm EST: https://ew.com/tv/happy-endings-cast...-zoom-special/

Though I know that's pretty much the only way to do it nowadays, I'm not really a fan of the Zoom format for these reunions. But I'll take what I can get from this show. Man, it was axed way too soon.
Old 07-20-20, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 349 Likes on 268 Posts

I don't remember if I ever finished the series. I remember there was a long hiatus for the last batch of episodes.

I watched the YouTube zoom episode. Didn’t realize it would be scripted. It was ok. Apparently I haven’t watched this show since 2013, so I didn’t remember that much about the characters.

The Live Q&A talk show was “meh” - I gave up around 10 minutes. Lots of callbacks to episodes and since I didn’t remember much about the episodes, it was pointless for me.

The best way I can put it - this show is too old to remember all the plots and character personalities, but too recent to feel nostalgic about.

But great set of actors and Elisha Cuthbert has still got it

Last edited by MLBFan24; 07-20-20 at 08:42 PM.
Old 07-21-20, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

That was fun!
Old 07-21-20, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Been re-watching the series with my girlfriend over the last few months, and this reunion didn't miss a step. It was hilarious, and given the limitations of the zoom format, it still totally worked, and every character was still spot on. I loved it!
Old 07-21-20, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,192 Likes on 4,219 Posts

Missed this. Will watch today. Here it is

Old 07-21-20, 06:44 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

That was great.

Remind me why this show was cancelled?
Old 07-21-20, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
That was great.

Why ABC axed 'Happy Endings'

By James Hibberd
Updated May 14, 2013 at 04:46 PM EDT

BOB D'AMICO /ABC

Happy Endings

Whhhhhhhy?

ABC’s entertainment chief Paul Lee was asked the Why? question during a conference call with reporters Tuesday morning: Why did the network dump Happy Endings? One reporter challenged the idea that the comedy wasn’t “on brand” for ABC, noting that two of the network’s newly greenlit comedies for next season, Super Fun Night and Mixology, feel like they’d be perfect companions for Happy Endings.

“I do think Happy Endings is absolutely on brand,” Lee said after the network unveiled its new fall schedule Tuesday. “What we found was it was just too narrow. It was a very hard decisions because, as you know, I love that show and I found it very hard to make that decision. On the same token, I think Super Fun Night and Mixology are broader shows that will bring in a wider audience. So: Hard decision, not happy at all to see it go, but we feel it was on brand and so is [Super Fun Night] and Mixology.”

“Too narrow” is, of course, network-speak for “low ratings.”

ABC declined to pick up the comedy for a fourth season before its upfront presentation to advertisers this week (along with some other under-performing comedies like Family Tools and Malibu Country). Happy Endings averaged 4.6 million viewers and a 1.9 rating among adults 18-49 this season, though it dropped below a mere 1.0 rating in the overnights after the network moved the show to Friday nights. The show is currently being shopped to USA Network, so there’s still a possibility that it could live on.

Lee also addressed the canceling of Body of Proof, which is being shopped to cable. “We had a very strong season in terms of [new series] development,” Lee said. “I would love to see Body of Proof find a good home for itself.”
Old 07-22-20, 01:10 AM

I enjoyed the reunion a lot. Pretty well done and with several very funny gags including Dave restaurant idea, the Parasite room, and Penny’s 9/11 tribute.
Old 07-22-20, 08:09 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
That was great.

Terrible ratings and unowned. No other network/cable/streamer even bothered to pick it up. It was rightfully cancelled and lucky to even get a second and third season.
Old 04-13-21, 12:06 AM

So Happy Endings is now on HBO Max and it’s still such a joy to watch. But when I tried to watch an episode, I realized something : The order of Season One episodes is either totally wrong on VUDU or it’s totally wrong on HBO Max. It’s confusing, though I don’t know if the continuity is going to be much of an issue here. Still how are these shows numbered so differently after the Pilot?
VUDU
Spoiler:

HBO Max
Spoiler:

Old 04-13-21, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

The IMDB lists by broadcast date, and Vudu has that order.
The following users liked this post:
Decker (04-13-21)
Old 04-13-21, 12:18 AM

While the continuity of Seasons 2 & 3 is much closer between the two services (though still not completely in the same order), one episode (Kickball 2 : The Kickening shows up in Season 2 on HBO Max and in Season 3 on Vudu. Thought I was missing out for a moment.

Last edited by Decker; 04-13-21 at 12:25 AM.
Old 04-13-21, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by wiki
[Season 1] also aired mostly out of the intended broadcast order to make the initial episodes more "stand alone" in an effort to get more people invested in the show.[62] As a result, the episodes "Bo Fight" and "Barefoot Pedaler", which were intended to air as the second and third episodes[63] as they show the events in the weeks after Alex and Dave's wedding, aired as episodes 10 and 11. It was later revealed that the decision to air the episodes out-of-order was ultimately made by ABC.[64] The episodes later appeared in the intended order on the DVD release.[65]

The episode "Why Can't You Read Me?" was initially left unaired, however it later aired on August 24, 2011.
I remember watching it live back in the day and it was pretty jarring that it progressed up to episode 10 and then it was suddenly back to their wedding again.
Old 04-13-21, 10:30 AM

Hey, what do you know?
​​​​​​

I watched that hipster episode last night!
Old 04-13-21, 06:28 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
While the continuity of Seasons 2 & 3 is much closer between the two services (though still not completely in the same order), one episode (Kickball 2 : The Kickening shows up in Season 2 on HBO Max and in Season 3 on Vudu. Thought I was missing out for a moment.

ABC totally screwed the order up in S1 and that kickball episode, I thought, was reworked into S3.