Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Happy Endings - Season Finale - Deuce Babylove 2: Electric Babydeuce / Brothas & Sisters

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Happy Endings - Season Finale - Deuce Babylove 2: Electric Babydeuce / Brothas & Sisters

Old 04-01-15, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,011 Likes on 803 Posts
Re: Happy Endings - Season Finale - Deuce Babylove 2:Electric Babydeuce/Brothas & Sis

Very dumb. Still, Benched was canned, Marry Me is about to be, Weird Loners opened with a 0.7 in the demo and will be lucky to air a full season, and One Big Happy is flopping pretty bad as well. So there's always hope.
Old 04-01-15, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Happy Endings - Season Finale - Deuce Babylove 2:Electric Babydeuce/Brothas & Sis

Happy Endings could do like a 1 episode finale where everyone lost their jobs except for the guy who went back to the job they had before.
Old 04-01-15, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm willing to bet that they had no idea that so many people would be interested in a tweet from a canceled show and apparently the creators were not aware/a part of the whole countdown thing.
Old 04-01-15, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 269 Likes on 198 Posts

Don't give up hope. They tweeted a link to a new countdown!

http://itsalmo.st/#anewerday
Old 04-02-15, 02:53 AM

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

This show really needs to come back to US Netflix. I don't want to have to deal with trying to figure out how to set up a VPN service.
Old 04-02-15, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by windom
Don't give up hope. They tweeted a link to a new countdown!

http://itsalmo.st/#anewerday
Phew! That's a relief!
Old 04-02-15, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I really miss this show.

Old 02-20-16, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Some anonymous rich person wants to fund a Happy Endings movie
By Kayla Kumari Upadhyaya
Feb 18, 2016 1:41 PM

Every time there’s even a tiny hint at a chance of a Happy Endings revival, we start krumping and busting out the celebratory drunk ribs, only to then find out it was all a sick joke. On Entertainment Tonight yesterday, Casey Wilson shared some potentially ah-mahzing news: A super-rich person has offered to fund a Happy Endings movie. According to Wilson, an anonymous rich person and American hero wants to bring Happy Endings back in movie form, and has even contacted her husband David Caspe, who created the very missed show.

“There’s interest,” Wilson told Entertainment Tonight. (Of course there’s interest! Did the collective reaction of devastation to that countdown clock not make that very clear?!) “Someone even called my husband [David Caspe], who created it, and basically said, ‘I’m a private investor, I would love to pay for a movie,’” Wilson added. “We were like, ‘okay’... now private citizens are coming off the streets!” Is it true or did Wilson only say it because she was poisoning her body with alcohol concocted by Real Housewives? We’re remaining skeptical until we have hard evidence—we’ve had our Hartz broken before.

Wilson also noted that “the funds have not sizzled in our account yet,” so we’re remaining skeptical until some sort of formal announcement is made, and even then we’re probably going to want to see more receipts. Whoever the secret millionaire is, we salute you. Don’t let us down this time, or you’re going to have some serious draaaaamaaa on your filthy rich hands. For now, Hulu subscribers can at least relive the whole series over and over.
http://www.avclub.com/article/some-a...-ending-232478

After that April Fool's Day countdown, I'm not terribly optimistic, but this will be awesome if it actually happens. Currently I'm rewatching the series on Hulu. Man, it was one great rapid fire joke delivery device.
Old 02-20-16, 01:03 PM

Received 774 Likes on 504 Posts

... if true.

... if they're jerking our chains again.
Old 04-19-16, 09:27 AM

Received 4,516 Likes on 3,064 Posts

For anyone in the NYC area who may be interested:

http://vulturefestival.com/event-page/happy-endings/

TICKETS ON SALE TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC WEDNESDAY, APRIL 20TH AT 10 A.M.

4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.: HAPPY ENDINGS REUNION! Sponsored by Hulu

What you’ve all been waiting for: Vulture hosts the hotly anticipated reunion of the Happy Endings cast and creators. Vulture editor Jesse David Fox hosts creator David Caspe and showrunner Jonathan Groff, along with cast members Eliza Coupe, Elisha Cuthbert, Zachary Knighton, Casey Wilson, Adam Pally, and Damon Wayans Jr. Milk Studios (450 West 15th Street). Tickets $40 (includes an hour in the Vulture Lounge with complimentary drinks following the event).

When
Sunday, May 22, 2016 from 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM (EDT) - Add to Calendar

Where
Milk Studios - DIRECTV Studio - 450 West 15th Street, New York, NY 10011
Old 04-19-16, 09:34 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Nice, but why? Are they restarting the show? I liked it when it was on, but didn't really cry any when it was cancelled.
Old 04-19-16, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by trespoochies
Nice, but why? Are they restarting the show? I liked it when it was on, but didn't really cry any when it was cancelled.
Shows have reunion talks all the times at pop culture / TV festivals. Look t ATX... they get major reunions every year. Fans like to go to them.
Old 04-19-16, 09:38 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

I don't keep tabs on these kinds of festivals, but that's cool they're doing this. I just figured since it's sponsored by Hulu, they were going to say it was coming back.
Old 03-21-17, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happy Endings cast gets together for table read of "lost episode":

We caught this last night and enjoyed it. If you're a fan of the show, you probably will too . . .
Old 03-21-17, 02:16 PM

I started to watch but was laughing too loud for the workplace. Will check that out at home.
Old 03-21-17, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,033 Likes on 4,118 Posts

I watched the first 10 minutes. That's funny shit. They need to bring this show back!
Old 03-21-17, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 439 Likes on 307 Posts

So good!

Can they really not get the show back?
Old 03-21-17, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Brad's story of what happened to him in the woods.

Man, I really miss this show. You can tell that even after years away, the cast just had such great chemistry. Think I'll give this a binge some time soon. It definitely deserves it.
Old 03-21-17, 10:33 PM

That was seriously great. Brad in the wilderness.
Old 09-05-17, 04:59 PM

Copying my post in the Streaming Forum : VUDU Thread :

All three seasons of Happy Endings are on sale for $9.99 each this whole month as part of the Monthly TV Deals (75% off Season 1, 85% off for Seasons 2 & 3). That is an easy purchase for me!
https://www.vudu.com/movies/#!conten...ings-TV-Series

I still haven't ever seen the two-part finale.
Old 08-06-19, 09:28 PM

re: Happy Endings - Season Finale - Deuce Babylove 2: Electric Babydeuce / Brothas & Sisters

Could Happy Endings live to see another day at ABC?

According to ABC Entertainment president Karey Burke, the answer may surprise you.

"I will never say never; I'm hearing whispers," Burke told The Hollywood Reporter during an interview Monday after her time onstage at the Television Critics Association's summer press tour. "That is a dream of a lot of people at ABC. I'm hearing that there's a remote possibility of something. It's at the very beginning [stages]."

Burke, who replaced Channing Dungey at the helm of ABC in November, noted that Happy Endings perfectly represents the type of comedies she and new head of comedy Erin Wehrenberg are looking for in a bid to expand the network's family comedy brand.

"Happy Endings was certainly one of my favorite ABC shows," admitted Burke, "One of the things Erin and I bonded over when she came over [from Warner Bros. TV] to take over comedy development was a desire to do a show like Happy Endings, which led to a conversation about Happy Endings. So, I think she's exploring what's possible."
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...edium=referral
Old 08-07-19, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

re: Happy Endings - Season Finale - Deuce Babylove 2: Electric Babydeuce / Brothas & Sisters

That's cool, I'd watch more, but how many of these show resurrections are ever any good?
Old 08-07-19, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
That's cool, I'd watch more, but how many of these show resurrections are ever any good?
I'll watch if it happens too but yeah - I wouldn't expect much, even if they got the whole cast back together. It's incredibly difficult to recapture what made the show great in the first place.

I also highly doubt it happens. When someone says "I'll never say never" it almost always means "never".
Old 08-07-19, 12:44 PM

Re: Happy Endings - Season Finale - Deuce Babylove 2: Electric Babydeuce / Brothas & Sisters

Originally Posted by RichC2
How many have been that bad? Family Guy came back after 4 years and was the same. Arrested Development fell off but it doesn't really follow traditional sitcom structure.
Old 08-07-19, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Happy Endings - Season Finale - Deuce Babylove 2: Electric Babydeuce / Brothas & Sisters

Originally Posted by cleaver
How many have been that bad? Family Guy came back after 4 years and was the same. Arrested Development fell off but it doesn't really follow traditional sitcom structure.
Murphy Brown, Rosanne, Arrested Development and Will and Grace have been pretty bad as continuations. Family Guy fell off pretty big from its first 3 seasons but it was headed that way regardless. Beyond that, 24: Legacy, Prison Break and X-Files were also jarringly off.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.