TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Revolution -- "The Song Remains the Same" -- 4/08/13

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-13, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Revolution -- "The Song Remains the Same" -- 4/08/13

Originally Posted by DJariya
Miles to Jason (about Neville): "If you go anywhere near him, I will bash your little boy band face in."

Jason to Charlie: "What's a boy band?"

at Neville jamming to All Night Long on the Ipod before their convoy got blown up. That was awesome.
Hearing music after that long would be incredible. He was really into it..then KABLAM!

I do like that they have comments like the "What's a boy band?" When uncle said that, I was thinking they better have one of the youngins wonder what a boy band is. Course they should also show more shocked wonder at things like helicopters or just a light bulb than they do. Small thing to complain about in a show with so many things you could complain about though. I've still been kept entertained enough to watch but I kinda hope it gets canceled and everything is resolved at season's end.
Old 04-14-13, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

the Borg shut off the power with their self replicating nanites
I'd much prefer them to say they didn't know what caused it or exactly how the pendants counteract it and that they stumbled across the pendant design by accident. That would at least be somewhat believable over people creating self replicating nanites
Old 04-14-13, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not to get all nerdy but stuff like the light house & other powered items shouldn't have worked. Sure the pendent turned off the midicholorians in that area but unless the bubble also includes the source of the energy, power isn't going to get to the powered item. Unless they say that a powered on pendant has the midicholirans giving power to items, not just not blocking the power.

Also, stuff has been sitting there for 15 years. Many times out in the elements. It should take work to get things working again. Did Monroe keep people working on those choppers for 15 years just in case the power turned on again? Try leaving a car sitting somewhere for 15 years. Then put a new battery in it. Bet it won't start and run fine. Also, gas would have gone bad sitting that long.
Old 04-15-13, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 624 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by hahn
Is it just me, or did they just beat us over the head with hints that
Spoiler:
Miles is Charlie's father
? Maybe I don't need to spoiler that because it seems pretty obvious.
Yeah, I got that vibe as well.
Old 04-15-13, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

FYI Folks

Tonight's episode of Revolution "THE NIGHT THE LIGHTS WENT OUT IN GEORGIA" is being postponed because of news coverage of the Boston marathon bombing.

No date has been set for when it's airing.
Old 04-15-13, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I get the need for news coverage. What happened is fucking awful.

With that said, surely NBC will be smart enough to air this episode next week. They do know they have a serial here, right? Surely they wouldn't hold it and air out of order.
Old 04-15-13, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk God

They are going to run into a problem though. If they air tonight's episode next week, everything gets pushed back 1 week and the season finale won't air until June 3rd, which is out of sweeps period. The finale was supposed to air May 27th. It's not unheard of for a network show to air a finale in June. Glee did it in it's 1st season.
Old 04-15-13, 06:52 PM
Suspended

Not that I'll miss it, but how lame.
Old 04-15-13, 06:59 PM

They'll find a way to air back-to-back episodes between now and then. It is a serial but that didn't stop ABC from moving things around with PanAm.

I was editing the Week 15 SNF game for my archives and never realized until today that they broke away from it for an anti-gun rant by Obama.
Old 04-15-13, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The only way they can really do anything with Revolution would be to air it on a different night or to put an hour of The Voice that would be on Monday on another day. That second option would actually work pretty well for NBC if they want to see how other shows would do airing out of their big singing reality piece of crap, so who knows it might happen.
Old 04-16-13, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by aktick
Not that I'll miss it, but how lame.
I see nothing lame about NBC's decision not to air a fantasy show with lots of attacks and killing to provide extended news coverage of a real life attack on America.
Old 04-16-13, 10:00 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by MikahC
I see nothing lame about NBC's decision not to air a fantasy show with lots of attacks and killing to provide extended news coverage of a real life attack on America.
Eh. I'd rather watch a fantasy show with killing than sensationalist media coverage about killing.
Old 04-16-13, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Update:

Monday's episode will now air next week. No doubling up.

The season finale will now air June 3rd, outside of sweeps period.

Double check your DVRs. It may list it as a repeat. My DVR did not catch the programming update and started recording last night's episode even though it was news.
Old 04-16-13, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 909 Likes on 671 Posts

Thanks. I was wondering why I couldn't find last night. Do you know if Castle aired? We had nothing but news from when the blast happened until after the news at 11.
Old 04-16-13, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Yes every network except NBC at 10pm showed original programs last night, at least on the West.
Old 04-16-13, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by aktick
Eh. I'd rather watch a fantasy show with killing than sensationalist media coverage about killing.
especially when the media has proven many times that they don't know shit the first day and end up reporting wrong stuff
the first day of reporting is usually the same couple of atual facts over and over again with tons of incorrect guess work and speculation
add to it that there are plenty of 24/7 news stations (yeah I know some people still rely on over the air only) that can handle the mindless repeating and speculation
Old 04-16-13, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

We'll know for sure next week, but I wouldn't be shocked if the gang blows some shit up in this episode and they felt it might be a wee bit insensitive to air it last night.