Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

When did Court TV become Garbage TV?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-13, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
When did Court TV become Garbage TV?

What was the reasoning behind the change in programming? Where the ratings down on Court TV because I see know reason for 98 percent of Tru TV (or whatever it's called) programming?

No wonder I stopped watching it. If HLN shows the court house drama's now,why did they change the whole Court TV concept because if it didn't draw ratings then why would HLN show it?
Old 03-13-13, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Re: When did Court TV become Garbage TV?

I guess court specials draw crowds, court 24x7 does not.
Old 03-13-13, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

When Court TV was still on the air,the In Session Show lasted from 9am-3pm,so the most they spent on a weekday was 6 hours. I don't understand why they never went past 3pm because of West Coast court room action.
Old 03-13-13, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I still watch Full Throttle Saloon but that is the only thing i can think of on that channel.
Old 03-13-13, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Axeramm
I still watch Full Throttle Saloon but that is the only thing i can think of on that channel.
And Killer Karaoke
And Impractical Jokers

Currently the best channel out there.
Old 03-13-13, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I used to watch a lot of the crime stuff, like Forensic Files and Body Of Evidence. But once they switched to TruTV, and I went to HD, I dropped the channel. Investigation Discovery really picked up the ball and provided a good alternative to what CourtTV use to be.

I finally got TruTV HD a couple months ago, but after watching a really horribly stretched episode of Forensic Files in "HD," I haven't found myself looking to sample anything else from that channel.
Old 03-13-13, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you want to see the most disgusting people in the US, watch Hardcore Pawn. Not only are the owners incredibly sleazy but the clientele is hysterical.
Old 03-14-13, 04:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

HLN has been covering the Jodi Arias trial and yesterday they devoted almost 9 straight hours of coverage. This would have been perfect programming for Court TV. Seems like HLN should change their name because peopl ecan go elsewhere for 24 hr news coverage.
Old 03-14-13, 06:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts

So much of TV is shit now, with shows about storage lockers, tattoo shops, alligator rasslers. Previously quality channels like A&E, TLC, and Discovery are just junk.
The new rage on Spike, Food, and maybe elsewhere, is staged documentary shows like Operation Repo, World's Worst Tenants, Mystery Diners, Car Lot Rescue, et al. These are most infuriating and should be boycotted for their despicable deception. I don't watch many "reality" shows (the ones with competitions and such), but at least they are ostensibly not faked or recreated by actors.
Old 03-14-13, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stations don't really narrowcast or have a brand anymore, they are much more "general entertainment"

Also with things like TMZ and all the tabloids and internet coverage a channel devoted to Court and Crime is a bit outdated. It made sense they changed formats, but it's just reflective of the general garbage our popular culture currently is.
Old 03-14-13, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lastdaysofrain
Stations don't really narrowcast or have a brand anymore, they are much more "general entertainment"

Also with things like TMZ and all the tabloids and internet coverage a channel devoted to Court and Crime is a bit outdated. It made sense they changed formats, but it's just reflective of the general garbage our popular culture currently is.
Which is sad as specialty channels is what cable so interesting in the beginning. Now most channels have lost their uniqueness in trying to increase their audience.
Hardcore Pawn is entertaining though. It is amazing how many people make demands of money and get into challenges with the staff. I wonder how much of this show is staged or if they got signage up that says you give up your rights to privacy when entering the shop?