Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Girls -- "On All Fours" -- 3/10/13

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-13, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Girls -- "On All Fours" -- 3/10/13

Love this show. One thing that's struck me as odd is Lena's choice to make Hannah a Michigan WASP... she really isn't terribly convincing as one. About as convincing as Woody Allen would be. I just tend to forget that aspect of her character until her parents show up and I'm reminded again that nothing about Hannah feels like "small-town Michigan". Anyway..

Randomly one night I saw Zosia on the sidewalk on Sunset and Vine with a couple girlfriends. The were wearing short skirts and were all very hot. Just thought I'd mention that. I also am pretty sure I saw Lena once at a coffeeshop in West Hollywood but I didn't know she'd cut her hair at that point so I didn't realize it until later.. Sightings.

Adam's storyline was fantastic, as usual. Unlike a lot of you, I do like the Marnie stuff. Watching her pine away for the guy she rejected for being "too nice" everytime he has a stroke of good fortune is entertaining to me... makes me fantasize that an ex of mine might be doing so... hahaha.
Old 03-13-13, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

I have no problem with the Marnie stuff. I do wish Charlie wouldn't cave into her, but I can see why he still pines for her. I was extremely uncomfortable with her singing, but I don't consider it a bad scene. It was just a really tough scene to watch.
Old 03-14-13, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Next Episode Of 'Girls' To Feature Lena Dunham Shitting Herself During Gyno Exam While Eating A Burrito

NEW YORK—According to numerous critics’ reports, an upcoming episode of HBO’s hit comedy Girls features the show’s star, Lena Dunham, losing control of her bowels during a routine gynecological exam while eating a large burrito. “The scene is raw, it’s brave, and it’s the boldest thing we’ve seen Dunham do yet: a smart, unsanitized comedy of errors that perfectly captures the experience of being at the ob-gyn,” said Huffington Post television critic Kia Makarechi of the envelope-pushing episode, wherein the burrito-eating Dunham elects to be examined completely nude because hospital gowns make her “feel like she’s dying of bone cancer or something” and awkwardly flirts with the 55-year-old gynecologist before violently shitting herself and then asking if the doctor can prescribe her anything for her anxiety. “When a naked Hannah dribbled hot sauce all over herself in front of the doctor, shit in every corner of the office, cried, became angry with the doctor, had sex with the doctor, finished her burrito, had sex with the doctor again, shit herself again, and then realized who she was really angry at and sexually attracted to was Adam, I just closed my eyes and said, ‘Thank you.’ These are real girls with real bodies doing things that real girls do.” At press time, fans were abuzz after a tweet from Dunham hinted at an all-nude third season.
Old 03-14-13, 11:26 AM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Is this real or from The Onion or something?
Old 03-14-13, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Onion, but it does sound real.