TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead -- "Arrow on the Doorpost" -- 3/10/13

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-13, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Arrow on the Doorpost" -- 3/10/13

Originally Posted by Buttmunker
With all the movies and TV shows you've (and Rick) have watched, would you have not just flipped the table over before the Gov even had a chance to sit down? How many times have we seen the "gun taped under the table" segments?
Zombie-lore doesn't exist ... neither do movies with guns taped under tables.

Or movies with zombies taped under tables ... or movies with guns taped to zombies ... oh shit that would be cool! Rick and company attach all their firepower to a truckload of zombies and then set the zombies loose in Woodbury ... then they attack, pulling guns off of zombies rather than reloading (which I think we established that reloading doesn't exist either) ...
Old 03-15-13, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo
Yes, because it was a distinct arc in the comic. Those of us who understood that also knew the prison would be a full season.
Dragon Tattoo, stop perpetuating your "comic reader vs. non-comic reader" class warfare ... Besides, we know "because the comics say so" doesn't work.

The farm arc was overly drawn out and unnecessaraily boring in many spots ... a perfect example of why the comic doesn't necessarily translate to TV.

The "prison" arc has made a much better season because the prison isn't the only location. You have two intertwined stories being told simultaneously along with the Morgan episode tossed in.
Old 03-15-13, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

I wonder if some people would have better luck running as far as they can from either group. Of course getting to the right place would not be easy, fifty miles in that world is a death trap times fifty.
Old 03-16-13, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 954 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by Preterite
Rick didn't pop the Governor because ... killing the Gov really wouldn't accomplish that much at this point, anyway; Woodbury and the prison group would still be at odds, there's no guarantee the replacement leader would be more reasonable (Merle was No. 2 for a while), and there would be no chance for peaceful resolution if the prison group kills negotiators.
I don't think so. The governor is the only one hell bent on blood shed and revenge. They have showed multiple times that the people of woodbury are decent people who are just trying to survive and are basically blindly following their leader. Even his right hand man bonded with Daryl in this episode. If the governor dies so does the threat to the prison group. That's why Merle, Glenn and Michone at one point or another want to assasinate the gov.
Old 03-16-13, 12:16 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny. If Andrea hadn't stopped Michonne from assassinating the Governor, it's very likely none of this would've escalated to this point.

In the end, it's all Andrea's fault.

Old 03-20-13, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

So I'm going to assume Milton will be a regular with our group next season? Perhaps "replacing" Hershel?

Merle is still working with The Governor right? His being thrown to the curb was far to quick and easy IMO.

I'm not going to be able to take it if Maggie ever bites it, I might have to stop watching the show. I got scared when they killed off Lori because it showed the everybody was disposable.

Is Woodbury going to be there destination next season or are they just going to leave that group on there own, with maybe Andrea in charge?
Old 03-21-13, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Preterite
Not only that - the Governor really, really, really wants Michonne. She wasn't present at the negotiations, and it'd be very likely the rest of the prison group would take off for parts unknown if Rick didn't come back.

Rick didn't pop the Governor because a) he really would prefer a peaceful outcome instead of a war against a far greater force, b) if he and Daryl got killed pulling a fool stunt it would leave the rest of the prison even more vulnerable, and c) killing the Gov really wouldn't accomplish that much at this point, anyway; Woodbury and the prison group would still be at odds, there's no guarantee the replacement leader would be more reasonable (Merle was No. 2 for a while), and there would be no chance for peaceful resolution if the prison group kills negotiators.
Please. The folks at Woodbury would either fall apart without the Governor or throw a party that the witch is dead. They could care less about the jail squad.
I agree about the Governor's motivation about wanting Michonne but he's such an egomaniac that shooting Rick and marching his soldiers over to the jail with a surprise attack would work out just as well.
Rick knows there is no chance at peace with the Governor. If he doesn't then he shouldn't be the leader anymore.
Old 03-21-13, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pizza
Please. The folks at Woodbury would either fall apart without the Governor or throw a party that the witch is dead. They could care less about the jail squad.
Sure, but Rick doesn't know that. He does know that Merle used to be No. 2 in the Village, which doesn't exactly speak well of Woodbury's political hierarchy. And generally speaking, when the head of a heavily armed group is assassinated by a rival gang, there are generally violent repercussions.

I know, I know - SHANE would have whacked the Governor on the spot. Which should tell anyone with common sense that it would have been exactly the wrong thing to do.