Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Following -- "Let Me Go" -- 3/04/13

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-13, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Following -- "Let Me Go" -- 3/04/13

I think that the jr. detective kid is Roderick. I also think they'll recapture/kill Carroll at the end of this season and next season will be about a follower going rogue or the pursuit of Roderick. Funniest thing about this episode was the description in the DirecTV guide "Ryan realizes Carroll has a plan". Well no wonder the law has been useless up to this point, they didn't think Carroll had a plan (smacks hand on forehead).
Old 03-06-13, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm still wondering how there could honestly be that many sick and twisted people capable of falling under the spell of this guy and be willing to kill for him.

The Obama Administration should really be using this show as an example of why we need better rules for the mentally ill. Because our law enforcement can sure seem to be as clueless as these guys on how to deal with them. As well as giving a showcase on just what kind of thing can be accomplished with someone very Mansonlike in today's age.
Old 03-06-13, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
I'm still wondering how there could honestly be that many sick and twisted people capable of falling under the spell of this guy and be willing to kill for him.
What really gets me is how capable all of his followers are.

Realistically, if this guy is going to attract acolytes, they're going to be unstable. They aren't going to be able to hold down a job; they're going to be addicts; they aren't going to be able to spend months and years in deep cover waiting for a signal to spring into action.

And I don't buy for a minute that Carroll is charismatic enough to attract an army of followers.
Old 03-06-13, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

I've been really enjoying this even though I see the constant nitpicks here every week. Plausibility...I mean whatever...it's a television show and they have to create drama. Real life FBI agents and their daily routines aren't that interesting. Everything has to be exaggerated for TV.

However, one thing bugged me about this episode....Joey. How in the world does this kid not see that Emma is lying and things are fishy? Did Claire not teach him any common sense? He sees the psychopath keeping the Warden's daughter locked up, gets the key to free her, yet the kid sticks around and then turns to Emma for help. Didn't he meet Hardy before he was abducted? Why did he act scared when Hardy tried to rescue him in the last episode?

At least Hardy had a Jack Bauer type moment when he stuck his finger in that follower's bullet wound. I loved the follower's reaction to the pain.

at Olivia Warren getting killed by Carroll on the phone with Hardy. Did she not think that something like this might happen?
Old 03-06-13, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man

Realistically, if this guy is going to attract acolytes, they're going to be unstable. They aren't going to be able to hold down a job; they're going to be addicts; they aren't going to be able to spend months and years in deep cover waiting for a signal to spring into action.

And I don't buy for a minute that Carroll is charismatic enough to attract an army of followers.
I thought about that one too.
Old 03-06-13, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still like the show but Joe strangling his lawyer to death with 3 broken fingers bothered me. She didn't even try to fight back. Wow. There was one other thing that bothered me in this episode but o can't remember now, maybe it wasn't that bad.

Oh! Now I remember! Ryan could shoot that helicopter and chances are he would hit something important to enough to force a landing. Were we to believe it was bulletproof? Im don't think that helicopter would have the power to take off with all that bulletproofing. That crap is heavy. That gripe is probably mine alone...
Old 03-07-13, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SuckaMC
I still like the show but Joe strangling his lawyer to death with 3 broken fingers bothered me. She didn't even try to fight back. Wow. There was one other thing that bothered me in this episode but o can't remember now, maybe it wasn't that bad.

Oh! Now I remember! Ryan could shoot that helicopter and chances are he would hit something important to enough to force a landing. Were we to believe it was bulletproof? Im don't think that helicopter would have the power to take off with all that bulletproofing. That crap is heavy. That gripe is probably mine alone...
No I was going "Just blow up the copter, come on, hit the rotor!" But we know he's got to stay alive so they can find the kid.

Also, his 3 broken fingers to her 2 missing ones = It's a wash! She dies!
Old 03-07-13, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

After reading this it looks like it was a good decision to quit the show after last weeks nonsense.
Old 03-07-13, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They shouldn't have let Joe escape. That way I would have at least been surprised by the outcome of the episode...
Old 03-11-13, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man

This is my biggest issue with the show... I can take ridiculous because yeah its TV, but this is the show's biggest issue.

I will say at least now I know that I like the Hardy character and thats what keeps me coming back. I will finish the season just to see how it ends, but probably not going to watch next season unless the end is spectacular.
Old 03-22-13, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

My prediction of how this will end; Joe indoctrinate Joey into his Cult and convinces him to kill Kevin Bacon in the final episode.