TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead - "Clear" -- 03/03/2013

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-13, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead - "Clear" -- 03/03/2013

Originally Posted by Buttmunker
That's not fair. Getting gas is not as easy as you think, once the power is out. They should at least have shown us one time how they obtain gasoline. The rest of your argument is too silly to address.
I thought they did show them siphoning gas at one point ...
Old 03-08-13, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst113
Dreadlocks do seem impractical when you're running from things that want to grab you. But without water, there probably isn't anybody getting a haircut. I remember hearing that in the comic, Rick's hair actually does grow as the series progresses. They did show that those guys were shitting in the freezer.
I find it amusing how some male characters do have hair that grows (Herschel and Carl) and beards that grow (Herschel and Rick) yet the women's hair still looks the same as day 1.

We did see one haircut ... or head shaving.
Old 03-08-13, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Wait a minute. I just realized that Amy Smart kind of looks like Laurie Holden.
Old 03-08-13, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
^ So did know about the prison in the comics!
Ha! Point to you, sir.
Old 03-08-13, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
^ So Rick did know about the prison in the comics!
That's one of the first panels in the comic, too.
Old 03-08-13, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
I beg to differ ... I am embarassed to admit that I have been in a Walmart on a Saturday. I think they already have turned.
I work at Meijer, and on days when we were really busy, I used to refer to the swarms of customers as Dawn of the Dead days. Nowadays, there isn't much of it with the economy crashing though.
Old 03-08-13, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I find it amusing how some male characters do have hair that grows (Herschel and Carl) and beards that grow (Herschel and Rick) yet the women's hair still looks the same as day 1.

We did see one haircut ... or head shaving.
It would be nice if the actors got into this series a little more - invested more of themselves - and just let themselves go! Don't cut your hair anymore, refrain from bathing, allow the stubble to grow out! C'mon, people - you're gonna be famous and immortal because of this series!! Put some gumption into it!
Old 03-08-13, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Melissa Mcbride always had short hair (at least as far back as The Mist) Hers seems a little longer. I just assume that in order to not lose all morale, some of them will cut their each others hair to feel normal to some degree. Herschel just don't care.
Old 03-08-13, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Going back awhile, how did Shane cut off all his hair with that electric razor? Wasn't all power gone? I assume Shane cut off his hair so he wouldn't have to deal with it anymore.

I sure would, because without a daily shampoo wash, my hair is a dripping mess of grease and oil. In the TWD world, there's no way I'd keep my hair, which would look like "sleep-head" all the time.

Darryl is walking around with disgusting, stringy hair; Rick's is matted down from grease...do these guys really have the alliegance to keep their hair, despite the conditions of it looking like shit? I know "hair makes the man," but nobody cares about that shit now!
Old 03-08-13, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going back awhile, how did Shane cut off all his hair with that electric razor? Wasn't all power gone? I assume Shane cut off his hair so he wouldn't have to deal with it anymore.

I sure would, because without a daily shampoo wash, my hair is a dripping mess of grease and oil. In the TWD world, there's no way I'd keep my hair, which would look like "sleep-head" all the time.

Darryl is walking around with disgusting, stringy hair; Rick's is matted down from grease...do these guys really have the alliegance to keep their hair, despite the conditions of it looking like shit? I know "hair makes the man," but nobody cares about that shit now!
Didn't Hershel's farm have generators?
Old 03-08-13, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

He mainly cut it because Otis ripped some out, so he got rid of it so as not to reveal that injury.
Old 03-08-13, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

You know what would be cool? If this show hired, like, five "continuity advisers" to nitpick the shit out of the show and work to fix any possible problems. Does a position like that exist? Not writers. But someone who's only job is to make sure that stuff makes sense when they're scripting and shooting.
Old 03-08-13, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by bluetoast
He mainly cut it because Otis ripped some out, so he got rid of it so as not to reveal that injury.
I like how the first and second seasons incorporated little "flash-back" scenes as the intros. I noticed they stopped doing that in this third seasons, which is too bad.
Old 03-08-13, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I like how the first and second seasons incorporated little "flash-back" scenes as the intros. I noticed they stopped doing that in this third seasons, which is too bad.
They only did that a few times, right? And most of the time it was to show where folks were right before the outbreak. I know they showed Rick getting shot, and I remember Lori and Shane telling Carl. And I remember the scene with the military bombing Atlanta (whole lot of good that did) as Shane and Lori watched.

There's a part of me that wishes we knew what many of them did before the outbreak hit, but that would imply that there's something for them to go back to or be resolved from (like in LOST). Their time is up, though. None of that matters, so it is kind of nice to see stories dealing only with what they're facing now.
Old 03-08-13, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,131 Posts

Originally Posted by troystiffler
You know what would be cool? If this show hired, like, five "continuity advisers" to nitpick the shit out of the show and work to fix any possible problems. Does a position like that exist? Not writers. But someone who's only job is to make sure that stuff makes sense when they're scripting and shooting.
I'm guessing you're joking. That position does exist.
Old 03-08-13, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
They could incorporate that kind of duty into the Best Boy's position. After all, aside from being called "Best Boy," what do they really do? So give them the extra work! They're lucky to get a credit in the film as it is.
Old 03-08-13, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,210 Likes on 2,071 Posts

I'm going to do a little experiment tonight. I'm going to cut the power to my house (much the way it would appear in a zombie apocalypse) and see if my pair of scissors stills works. I'm betting they don't.
Old 03-08-13, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by reubs82
They only did that a few times, right? And most of the time it was to show where folks were right before the outbreak. I know they showed Rick getting shot, and I remember Lori and Shane telling Carl. And I remember the scene with the military bombing Atlanta (whole lot of good that did) as Shane and Lori watched.

There's a part of me that wishes we knew what many of them did before the outbreak hit, but that would imply that there's something for them to go back to or be resolved from (like in LOST). Their time is up, though. None of that matters, so it is kind of nice to see stories dealing only with what they're facing now.
Boy, I gotta re-watch this series! I don't remember those flashbacks.

The one flashback I remember, was when Shane was in the hospital with Rick, and the military was shooting the place up, and while Shane tried to save Rick, he couldn't without risk to himself, so he fled.

That flashback explained so so so so much!

I'd love to see a flashback on the Governor.
Old 03-08-13, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

It does in feature film.

But does it on this show? Does it really?
Old 03-08-13, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,131 Posts

Originally Posted by reubs82

There was also a key flashback with Rick and Shane talking about Rick's problems with that bitch Lori/the marriage. Not onlydid it show how cruel Lori could be, it made one wonder if Shane was genuinely concerned about a friend or trying to see if there was a crack in marriage he could exploit...

I think there also one with Lori talking to one of her girlfriend right? Or was that the some one where Shane and Lori told Carl about Rick?
Old 03-08-13, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by troystiffler
It does in feature film.

But does it on this show? Does it really?
Why not? Ever watch 24? I know they had one.

Here's a documentary about the behind the scenes process and IIRC they interview the lady responsible for continuity.
Old 03-08-13, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Reading this thread...I'm amazed at the questions here. Do people honestly just not pay attention when they're watching?
Old 03-08-13, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There was also a key flashback with Rick and Shane talking about Rick's problems with that bitch Lori/the marriage. Not onlydid it show how cruel Lori could be, it made one wonder if Shane was genuinely concerned about a friend or trying to see if there was a crack in marriage he could exploit...

I think there also one with Lori talking to one of her girlfriend right? Or was that the some one where Shane and Lori told Carl about Rick?
You're right; I do remember those, too. Initially, I was really interested in the background of folks like Andrea and Amy, and even Dale (who I really liked, while I know others really didn't). We got some of their history just from interaction at the camp (Carol and her husband), but nothing of who they were before. Like I said, none of that really matters now. I don't think it's even touched on in the comics much (I want to say Michonne was a lawyer, right?), but I guess lots of us were spoiled by some of that in LOST.
Old 03-09-13, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by argh923
Reading this thread...I'm amazed at the questions here. Do people honestly just not pay attention when they're making the show?
Fixed.
Old 03-09-13, 01:11 AM
Banned

Fixed.
Name one question that hasn't been nit-picky nerd bullshit that could easily be explained away by someone with a brain.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.