Reload this Page >

The Following - "The Fall" -- 02/25/2013

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-25-13, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 699 Likes on 502 Posts

The team learns of Joe Carroll's true intentions from a new follower; Ryan tries to turn Emma, Jacob and Paul against one another; and Emma makes a startling decision.
Old 02-25-13, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The Following - "The Fall" -- 02/25/2013

I'm sticking with this show through the end of the season but I'm getting bored. Sad that Kevin Bacon is the least interesting part of the show.
Old 02-25-13, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lame, knew that small town girl cop was a follower. The random swat guys were surprising though. I'm still stuck on this show and will watch till the end.
Old 02-25-13, 09:22 PM

Starting to think they should change the title to ''Following incredibly inept, incompetent, stupid cops who couldn't catch jaywalkers let alone serial killers''. Not that I'll step watching - it's getting pretty entertaining watching them make law enforcement reach ever more abysmal levels every week.
Old 02-25-13, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 113 Likes on 76 Posts

The kid is annoying. The kid and the brat from Walking Dead should get a show together to see who can be the biggest fuck up.
Old 02-26-13, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm so happy to see everyone else is bored and underwhelmed with the predictability of it all. Every twist and every turn is telegraphed. I'll finish it because it's so short, but it fell hard and fast from my must-watch list.
Old 02-26-13, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think this is the last episode for me. I really wanted to like the show, I thought the setup of the show was interesting and I'm willing to suspend disbelief but to alternate the authorities between being smart enough to get a lead and then dumb enough to screw it up has gotten beyond ridiculous.

A) Why would they let anyone local they don't know get involved in anything... at all. At this point they shouldn't even trust a local cop to get them a cup of coffee.
B) Either buy, or pick up, a fucking radio... too many of these radioless chase where magically noone knows whats going on, or long periods of noone checking in (like say SWAT before they breach the house?)
C) How many times a day can you have a lawyer visit you? Might as well just give him a cellphone at this point.
D) Didn't they have the roads blocked off? Two separate vehicles managed to sneak through an area which I assume there are not a a ton of roads around?
Old 02-26-13, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yes. All of that.
Old 02-26-13, 02:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

More moles than CTU.
Old 02-26-13, 07:04 AM

Received 2,727 Likes on 1,865 Posts

Originally Posted by dalbowski View Post
More moles than CTU.
Yes. This is what I was thinking. More awful twists than a bad episode of 24.

Why did they have SWAT right in the front of the house when the hostage runs out, but nobody in the back when Ryan runs out? And I'm not talking about two lone agents. There were multiple agents out front with a vehicle.

I'm close to bailing....
Old 02-26-13, 08:01 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 327 Likes on 201 Posts

I'm going to see this season through since it's a short season, but holy shit I'm having a tough time with this. I can suspend disbelief for only so long.

My biggest problem with the show is - where did all these psychopaths come from? Psychopaths are statistically very rare, and now we have a whole army of them And even if a lot of them aren't really psychopaths, but only misguided worshipers of Joe, how many people do you think one charismatic criminal could get to mislead their families, friends and co-workers for years and then throw their lives away to carry out a plan they don't even understand? Especially when their leader has been incarcerated for years and doesn't have daily contact with them?
Old 02-26-13, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, yes, yes, and yes to all of you. Even my wife doesn't make comments during the shows is picking in this show.

But yeah, we will keep watching.
Old 02-26-13, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

did they show Natalie Zea being rescued? I thought her "follower" took her with him after he dropped the smoke bomb. I was surpised when she showed up at her house at the end
Old 02-26-13, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 176 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveNinja View Post
did they show Natalie Zea being rescued? I thought her "follower" took her with him after he dropped the smoke bomb. I was surpised when she showed up at her house at the end
I was confused at first as well and had to go back and watch that scene again. I believe it was Marshall Turner who grabbed her by the arm and pulled her aside as the smoke bomb was tossed.
Old 02-26-13, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bandoman View Post
My biggest problem with the show is - where did all these psychopaths come from? Psychopaths are statistically very rare, and now we have a whole army of them And even if a lot of them aren't really psychopaths, but only misguided worshipers of Joe, how many people do you think one charismatic criminal could get to mislead their families, friends and co-workers for years and then throw their lives away to carry out a plan they don't even understand? Especially when their leader has been incarcerated for years and doesn't have daily contact with them?
I'm not watching the show, just enjoying the threads. But is this really so rare? I've heard there's a secret society called Friends of Bill that's nearly as common as this Followers of Joe. They could be anywhere.
Old 02-26-13, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ugh... Pretty much all I can say. How can it get worse each week and why do I still watch? Ive quit shows for sooo much less and didnt bat an eye. Now I feel I have to finish the season.
Old 02-26-13, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

More moles than CTU.
But less protocols.
Old 02-26-13, 03:52 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 327 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by cdollaz View Post
But less protocols.
If Bacon yells "WE DON'T HAVE TIME!" in any future episodes the circle will be complete.
Old 02-26-13, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^Still needs a socket to be opened up.
Old 02-26-13, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not going to stop watching the show, but this was definitely the most frustrating episode so far. I get that there were people working against them at the farmhouse, but there was still no reason that everyone should have been able to make it out without being caught.

And next week looks laughable, especially:

Spoiler:
Them transferring Joe to another prison. There's no way that with all of this going on they would risk taking him somewhere else, regardless of whether or not the video showed Ryan breaking his fingers.

A few other things that annoy me that people haven't mentioned...

The lawyer acting as a messenger for Joe is a huge leap. Joe sends a guy to cut off a few of her fingers, and then instead of telling the police she helps him? I also have a hard time believing she wouldn't have been arrested, or their communications at least cut off, by now since it's pretty obvious she is helping him accomplish what's going on outside.

Also, I'm willing to bet that they'd have been monitoring conversations between Joe and all of his "followers" while he was in prison. From what we've seen the conversations seem pretty indicative that he's planning something and some of the times people are talking about having committed murders, but nothing ever came of any of that?

At least they haven't made the one FBI guy, the one who idolizes Ryan, one of Joe's minions. But that could still change. Like they've said...everyone has a part to play and not everyone knows the full scope of the plan, so it's not outside the realm of possibility that the local female cop just didn't know he was working for Joe too. I really hope that's not the case though.

Last edited by kstublen; 02-26-13 at 07:15 PM.
Old 02-26-13, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

^Still needs a socket to be opened up.
And a few schematics.
Old 02-26-13, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, the wife and I are enjoying this. Sure, there are some eye rolling moments, but its still entertaining. Liked Bacon psyching those two guys out at the beginning.
Old 02-26-13, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 176 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by SuckaMC View Post
Liked Bacon psyching those two guys out at the beginning.
I thought that was effective too. Considering those guys had been brainwashed by Carroll, it was believable that Hardy could get inside their heads.
Old 02-26-13, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bandoman View Post
I'm going to see this season through since it's a short season, but holy shit I'm having a tough time with this. I can suspend disbelief for only so long.

I think that was the point of the flashbacks this week. There are cults all over the place. Sure, many of them are religious (branch dividians, heaven's gate) but the world is full of mindless sheep looking for someone or something to believe in.

But the other thing they haven't revealed yet is that it's possible that not everyone is following Joe directly, but instead are followers of one of his followers.

The show is certainly far fetched, but cult mentality is not.
Old 02-26-13, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by SuckaMC View Post
Well, the wife and I are enjoying this. Sure, there are some eye rolling moments, but its still entertaining. Liked Bacon psyching those two guys out at the beginning.
I'm still enjoying it but it's just sort of hard to overlook some of the issues. But you're right, that was played wonderfully by Bacon.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.