Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Following - "The Fall" -- 02/25/2013

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-13, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: The Following - "The Fall" -- 02/25/2013

I agree - thought bacon was excellent in all the hostage scenes.

Only thing that really annoyed me was how all the bad guys got away. Stabbed dude should have at least gone down this episode. Well, maybe next week.

I didn't see the local cop angle until seconds before, when she was off in the woods with the agent. At that moment, it clicked, then seconds later she shot him.

If I recall, wasn't she the one that put them onto the missing Megan girl lead? That certainly made her trustworthy.
Old 02-27-13, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 154 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
I didn't see the local cop angle until seconds before, when she was off in the woods with the agent. At that moment, it clicked, then seconds later she shot him.

If I recall, wasn't she the one that put them onto the missing Megan girl lead? That certainly made her trustworthy.
I caught it when her boss had that perplexed look on his face when she said she knew the property and volunteered to go with the Mike.

Back during the 24 threads we use to due a Jack Beaur body count. Right now the FBI/police are getting smoked. They've taken the security guard, the couple, Hank, and the blonde police women - total. The FBI lost four SWAT members in this episode alone.
Old 02-27-13, 08:03 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I actually really liked this episode (having found the prior two a chore to get through).
Old 02-27-13, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Totally implausible actions by almost all of the characters, but I still vaguely enjoy the show. The actress playing Emma is doing a great job as a psychotic nut.
Old 02-27-13, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That kid is plain stupid...
Old 02-27-13, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 868 Likes on 391 Posts

I don't know how much longer I can take all of these idiot law enforcement characters.
Why allow the local PD girl to tag along in a federal investigation? Have them do crowd control or get donuts.

Bacon f-ing with guys in house were some of the best scenes of this series so far.

Me:
"SHOOT HER!!!" (the girl standing in the woods with a gun and the kid)
"SHOOT THE TIRES!!!!" (of the SUV getting away with the kid)
Old 02-28-13, 07:58 AM

The show still has really good moments. You folks already pointed out Bacon getting in the head of the 2 guys, I liked how the girl just took off with the kid and let the 2 guys alone in the house.

The cop stupidity and tons of moles is annoying but had to be expected. The wife and I called that girl cop being a follower the second she was on screen last show, other than that prison guard, all followers are young and idolize the killer, she was an obvious one.

Hopefully they'll chill out on having more cops/swat/fbi moles, that's just silly. Better have some wackos that are unrelated to law enforcement.

Last edited by Luds; 03-01-13 at 05:31 AM.
Old 02-28-13, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, does anyone still thinks that the young FBI agent is a follower too?

I still do.
Old 02-28-13, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

It does make sense that they would have a mole in local police - They had planned for some time to make that house their hideout, so I'm sure Joe or "Roderick" wanted that extra level of security.

SWAT didn't have moles, they just were gunned down and the guys that did it took their gear.

Moles in the FBI would be quite an achievement - that would be a big eye-roll moment. Although I agree the young guy does have that vibe.
Old 02-28-13, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Raul3

I still do.
The follower chick cop would have totally known he was wearing a vest - I'd presume they all were. So if she was supposed to get rid of all witnesses she would have just shot him in the head, no? And Bacon getting in to the heads of the gay couple was amusing - especially since wasn't it just earlier that day that the taller one killed the elderly neighbor couple in cold blood? He went from sociopath to needy wimp pretty quick IMHO.
Old 02-28-13, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Raul3

I still do.
I actually still do even more. With the guy who kidnapped the wife saying he was her follower. the young FBI guy could be Bacon's follower. He seems to know alot about him than just the book he wrote. Maybe all the main players in Carroll's plan have followers that keep track of their movements.
Old 02-28-13, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Luds
The cop stupidity and tons of moles is annoying but had to be expected.
Why?
Old 02-28-13, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 914 Likes on 674 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
Only thing that really annoyed me was how all the bad guys got away. Stabbed dude should have at least gone down this episode. Well, maybe next week.
I think they may be setting it up to have the two of them turn on Emma for leaving them to deal with the cops.
Old 02-28-13, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Eventually the show is going to have to resort to some of the serial killers going against Carroll's master plan for their own devices. Everyone to date has strictly followed his orders.
Old 02-28-13, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Eventually the show is going to have to resort to some of the serial killers going against Carroll's master plan for their own devices. Everyone to date has strictly followed his orders.
Shhh!!! That's the season 2 plot!!!
Old 03-01-13, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by MikahC
Why?
Why is it annoying or why expected? I assume the later

Well a show based on a serial killer in jail and his followers seemed like an obvious sign for police stupidity to me. Moles are also a really overused and popular concept amongst cop shows.
Old 03-01-13, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Luds
Well a show based on a serial killer in jail and his followers seemed like an obvious sign for police stupidity to me.
Wouldn't it be so much more rewarding without the stupidity, though? That's what I expect going in. When I watched Planet of The Apes (2011), it was so rewarding to see it arrive at its conclusions intelligently. In contrast, Planet of The Apes (2001) seems a mashup of half baked ideas relying on personable / attractive actors and special effects to deliver the goods.

There are a ton of movies like the 2001 version, so in one context, it's reasonable to "expect" movies like that. You'll be disappointed less. But I don't view entertainment because I'm bored. I view it because it offers me something (or at least I hope it will). Some viewpoint I haven't considered. Some interesting situation. Etc. That's worth investing some time in. Watching Keystone Kops because the behind the scenes creative talent can't be bothered to make them proficient? Not so much.
Old 03-01-13, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

I sort of find it amusing that people are so down on this show because of all the moles in law enforcement. It's like everyone forgot what 24 was for all those years. This is the only way a show like this could work, is if there are people from the inside helping the criminals. I don't mind it.
Old 03-01-13, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
I sort of find it amusing that people are so down on this show because of all the moles in law enforcement. It's like everyone forgot what 24 was for all those years. This is the only way a show like this could work, is if there are people from the inside helping the criminals. I don't mind it.
But with 24 the Mole wasn't the central part of the story. We got a few episodes dealing with one but the main focus was on David Palmer , stopping the assassination, and later seasons preventing terrorist attacks, torture etc etc.

Also Jack Bauer would totally kick Ryan Hardy's ass
Old 03-01-13, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by mhg83
But with 24 the Mole wasn't the central part of the story. We got a few episodes dealing with one but the main focus was on David Palmer , stopping the assassination, and later seasons preventing terrorist attacks, torture etc etc.

Also Jack Bauer would totally kick Ryan Hardy's ass
It wasn't the main part of the show? Sure it was. There were numerous seasons were they dealt with a mole inside of CTU/gov't and we saw about them trying to cover their tracks so nobody found out. Sure, it didn't get the attention this show gives to it, but it most definitely was a predominant theme of the show, since Jack and Chloe were always trying to figure out who the moles were and who they could trust.
Old 03-04-13, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by MikahC
Wouldn't it be so much more rewarding without the stupidity, though?
Certainly, I agree with you there I always expect new shows to provide a nice fresh story, or something that keeps me interested, but I don't expect anyone to hit it out of the park. That's rare. In a case like this, I expected good story with some stupid cops, and I got what I wanted so I'm happy. I would however have liked to be blown away by the show, and it has not happened, or at least not yet.