Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead - "I Ain't a Judas" -- 02/24/2013

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-13, 02:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Walking Dead - "I Ain't a Judas" -- 02/24/2013

Last season had Judge Jury and Executioner, this season has I Ain't a Judas.

Looking forward to next week.
Old 02-25-13, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,129 Posts

A bit slow but I get that they were setting some shit up for later.

This show's writing is shitty when it comes to Women and Black Men. The Women are stupid and annoying and the Black Men don't live long.
Old 02-25-13, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by troystiffler
More lame Andrea. I thought we might be left with a cliffhanger of The Gov taking the knife and cutting her throat open. Too bad. She's always so wrong and so stupid.

http://www.vulture.com/2013/02/lauri...ngry-fans.html

Andrea speaks! Holden seems to have been allotted as this show's person to show skin.

Originally Posted by musick
Well, it did have a Tom Waits song

But yeah when that is the best part of the show you know this episode sucked.
Watch what you say about Tom Waits man .

Originally Posted by malichai
I just don't care about the Woodbury stuff. I just start zoning out when the direction switches to there.
Drama is derived from conflict, Woodbury is safe, so it's kind of dull.

Originally Posted by devilshalo
Not sure why they don't just pack up in the zombie cargo van and GTFO of the prison.
Their theory is that they're safer in the prison, which you'd think they'd rethink going by the entrance of Tyrese and the Governor's attack, but I suppose given that we saw them trying to survive on the road

Originally Posted by macnorton
However what was impressive, the production crew someone managed to get a Tom Waits song in the show. That was something I got excited for and recognized instantly when Beth started singing it.
Yeah, given how notorious Waits is for not wanting his stuff used, it is surprising. Does the actress who plays Beth sideline as a singer or something, or has the show's production staff just figured out that she has a good voice and decided to exploit it?

Originally Posted by ruddiger_718
I love that an episode where a walker essentially "bites the curb" is considered a boring episode.
It took me a moment to figure out what the hell they were doing. Maybe that's why they let Nicotero direct this episode, so that he'd be able to hand the gore effects. The episodes he's directed have actually been pretty low-key, you'd think they'd give him the bloodbath ones, I'm surprised it's taken him this look to start cutting his teeth directing, but maybe TV's schedule allows him to afford the time.

Originally Posted by Navinabob
Go out and buy the Mule Variations CD by Tom Waits!
I'm working on it, OK? His discography is vast!

Originally Posted by Terminal
Last season had Judge Jury and Executioner, this season has I Ain't a Judas.
Both directed by Nicotero, probably coincidentally.

Looking forward to next week.
Even more a tease than usual in the preview this week.
Old 02-25-13, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thos19
Then he made it out to the people of Woodbury as something larger so they would rally to his call to arms.
That was the point. Would the entire "town" support his bloodlust if he had simply played it off as "Oops, Merle made a mistake, guys..."? No.
Old 02-25-13, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst113
http://www.vulture.com/2013/02/lauri...ngry-fans.html

Andrea speaks! Holden seems to have been allotted as this show's person to show skin.
How did you feel about the news that you guys were getting a new showrunner? Again!
I’m not really at liberty to talk about that, but I can say that I think that Glen will be happier on a different show..

lol. I love when it's brought up in interviews; they always turn from PR fluff into hilariously awkward moments. A few weeks back, Robert Kirkman refused to even utter one syllable to the Hollywood Reporter when asked about it.
Old 02-25-13, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by ruddiger_718
I love that an episode where a walker essentially "bites the curb" is considered a boring episode.
People just want to see Andrea die.

I thought it was a good episode. Andrea is supposed to be torn. Otherwise it would just be cartoon good guys vs. bad guys.

I was a little surprised to see Merle with a machine gun. His transformation from asshole/devil to rogue-ish anti-hero seems to be progressing awfully fast.
Old 02-25-13, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

That Vulture interview is interesting. She's playing it as though she's the thoughtful, innocent one with a background in law. I guess a lesser actress/director would play her as a typical evil bitch.

I've disliked her ever since she caused problems with Dale. Ugh.
Old 02-25-13, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by golden_rod
How did you feel about the news that you guys were getting a new showrunner? Again!
I’m not really at liberty to talk about that, but I can say that I think that Glen will be happier on a different show..

lol. I love when it's brought up in interviews; they always turn from PR fluff into hilariously awkward moments. A few weeks back, Robert Kirkman refused to even utter one syllable to the Hollywood Reporter when asked about it.
Yea, this episode was a slow one, and I expect next season to move at the same speed. I honestly believe Kirkman wants to move at S2's pace to extend the show's lifepsan as much as possible.

The main actor's are not saying much but I suspect they were unhappy being written off so fast and/ or not knowing it was coming. The entire story will eventually come out.

As for next week I only have one thought.

Spoiler:

Next week looks like a filler episode but I have to wonder if Rick is losing the hand. Gov looking at that eye in this episode, asking Tyrese and company about Rick, and Rick picking Michonne as a road buddy all of a sudden ....

Old 02-25-13, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

That Vulture interview is interesting. She's playing it as though she's the thoughtful, innocent one with a background in law. I guess a lesser actress/director would play her as a typical evil bitch.

I've disliked her ever since she caused problems with Dale. Ugh.
It makes sense as to why they killed off Dale when they did. That scene at the prison would have been completely different if he was present for her return. We would have had the next episode be an entire debate!
Old 02-25-13, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 592 Posts

Another yawner.

Andrea's such a stupid character. Always failing to see what's right under her nose... and then when she gets the true picture, she still lingers around like a fucking moron doing nothing.

The only good thing from the episode was the inclusion of a Tom Waits song... and I can to that CD any time I want - which really shows how low I had to dig for a positive.
Old 02-25-13, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
It makes sense as to why they killed off Dale when they did. That scene at the prison would have been completely different if he was present for her return. We would have had the next episode be an entire debate!
Dale was only killed off because DeMunn protested Darabont's firing and asked to be written off. At the last minute he changed his mind, but the dye was cast, and he had no choice but to exit the show.

I remember back when Holden was cast in an interview about how she felt potentially doing love scenes with DeMunn, since Andrea and Dale are lovers in the comic, and she was fine with it.

And then Darabont was fired, and nothing.
Old 02-25-13, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Jason
I was a little surprised to see Merle with a machine gun. His transformation from asshole/devil to rogue-ish anti-hero seems to be progressing awfully fast.
What choice does he have at this point?

He goes out alone and risks dying.

He goes back to Woodbury, begs for his life, and possibly dies.

Or he stays with Rick and his group where he knows he's safe thanks to Daryl, and play along enough to survive.
Old 02-25-13, 10:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Terminal
Dale was only killed off because DeMunn protested Darabont's firing and asked to be written off. At the last minute he changed his mind, but the dye was cast, and he had no choice but to exit the show.

I remember back when Holden was cast in an interview about how she felt potentially doing love scenes with DeMunn, since Andrea and Dale are lovers in the comic, and she was fine with it.

And then Darabont was fired, and nothing.
The thought of old ass wrinkled Dale getting on top of Andrea.
Old 02-25-13, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Guess I'm in the minority, but I really liked this episode. It finally reunited Andrea with Rick's gang; it focused more on characters (like Season 2, my favorite season) than nonstop action; and Herschel and Carl may have finally gotten through to Rick. (I sure hope so.) Andrea's not my favorite, but I don't hate her. It was no shock that she didn't kill the Governor; she cares for him. Plus, it would end the conflict between him and Rick too easily. And how could she hope to escape Woodbury after Milton or someone else discovered she had killed the Governor?
Old 02-26-13, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thought the episode was good. Interesting to see the developments with Tyrese's group. The reunion is about what I expected, and I was pleased to see it play out like that.
Old 02-26-13, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by Navinabob
I didn't mind the episode since it was clearly an episode where we had to stop and show the viewers where everyone stands. It's funny, had they not don't the Merle & Michonne talk people would be bitching about them glossing over their past history. Had they not done the Daryl & Carol scene people would be bitching about them not having a reunion considering their past history. Same with Carl & Rick, Rick & Asskicker, Andrea/knife & Governor, Glen & Rick over Merle, ect ect. They addressed every major social dynamic that the internet would bust a blood vessel over ("OMG, like Michonne would be living with Merle now... FAKE!) and people still complain.

Oh well, I'm happy they tossed in a Waits song. I'm sure the six of us who recognized it loved that bit.

Go out and buy the Mule Variations CD by Tom Waits!
Seven!

Oh, and I didn't hate Carl this episode. Progress!
Old 02-26-13, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Creo
It'll happen. Just wait 'til he realizes how batshit crazy The Governor is.

I enjoyed this episode. Great scenes: Merle/Michonne, Merle/Herschal, Carl/Rick, and it was great to see Andrea's welcome. Here's hoping Rick and Michonne have a nice Sunday drive next episode.
Yep, same here. Some good character stuff. I'm trying really hard not to hate Andrea, but it's very difficult. They're really going to have to have her do something awesome to redeem her for a lot of the fans, I think.

Comic Spoiler

Spoiler:
I think someone pointed it out before. But it's looking more and more like Andrea is going to be the one killing a baby this season. Then she gets fed up with The Gov and kills him. If they're going to have that moment in there, I think Andrea will be the one to do it. Maybe with Beth holding the baby?
Spoiler:

IF they have the balls to kill the baby, I could see them doing it similarly to the comics. Beth is holding the baby and gets gunned down. Andrea sees/does it, realizes what happened, and turns her gun on the Governor. I don't know that they'll kill the baby, but I don't see them keeping it around after this season.

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Yea, this episode was a slow one, and I expect next season to move at the same speed. I honestly believe Kirkman wants to move at S2's pace to extend the show's lifepsan as much as possible.

The main actor's are not saying much but I suspect they were unhappy being written off so fast and/ or not knowing it was coming. The entire story will eventually come out.

As for next week I only have one thought.

Spoiler:

Next week looks like a filler episode but I have to wonder if Rick is losing the hand. Gov looking at that eye in this episode, asking Tyrese and company about Rick, and Rick picking Michonne as a road buddy all of a sudden ....

Kirkman has said multiple times that Season 3 was going to move way faster than season 2. And so far it has, for the most part. He's also said that what happened to Rick in the comics was a mistake and if he had to do it again, he wouldn't write it that way. So I'm not expecting that to ever happen on the show.
Old 02-26-13, 09:02 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I love how they can show us the graphic mutilation of a zombie (in gruesome close-ups), but when it comes to Andrea's boobs AMC is suddenly coy. "Won't somebody think of the children!"
Old 02-26-13, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts

at all the Andrea hate. I hope they keep her as long as the show goes.

I guess I am in the minority as well I really liked this episode.

The zombie killing and gore to me are secondary now. That is why I originally tuned in but along the way it developed into a good show. I watch it for the characters now even though as many (and me) have pointed out they do incredibly stupid things at times. I have learned to live with it.
Old 02-26-13, 10:40 AM
Admin

Received 466 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
I love how they can show us the graphic mutilation of a zombie (in gruesome close-ups), but when it comes to Andrea's boobs AMC is suddenly coy. "Won't somebody think of the children!"
That's America baby!
Old 02-26-13, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,736 Likes on 1,888 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
It's a well-established fact that a woman's exposed nipple is the worst thing ever. That little nub of flesh has the power to destroy families and bring down great nations.
Old 02-26-13, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst113
Yeah, given how notorious Waits is for not wanting his stuff used, it is surprising. Does the actress who plays Beth sideline as a singer or something, or has the show's production staff just figured out that she has a good voice and decided to exploit it?
Tom lets his stuff be used for TV and movies quite a bit (check out his IMBD page), he just does not let his music be used to sell stuff. For instance, he'll let people remake his songs, but he sued a company for using a guy who was impersonating him in a commercial.
Old 02-26-13, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
It's a well-established fact that a woman's exposed nipple is the worst thing ever. That little nub of flesh has the power to destroy families and bring down great nations.
I've been smoking crack ever since I saw Janet Jackson's nipple during the Superbowl. Good thing it was only one, because I might have gone on a killing spree.
Old 02-26-13, 12:06 PM
Admin

Received 466 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by d2cheer
at all the Andrea hate. I hope they keep her as long as the show goes.

I guess I am in the minority as well I really liked this episode.

The zombie killing and gore to me are secondary now. That is why I originally tuned in but along the way it developed into a good show. I watch it for the characters now even though as many (and me) have pointed out they do incredibly stupid things at times. I have learned to live with it.
I agree about the zombies. They are part of the scenery now. It's really about the characters and their relationships more than anything else that makes this an interesting show.

Andrea is the most annoying character in the show to me though. Sometimes it's important to keep the audience annoyance/anger level up with respect to certain characters. Whether you like it or not, you keep watching to see what bumbling move they make next so you can talk about it the next day at the water cooler.
Old 02-26-13, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought it was a good episode. Things moved along.

I love that everybody hates Andrea. Because when she kicks the bucket it will be good.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.