Once Upon a Time -- "Manhattan" -- 2/17/13

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-13, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Once Upon a Time -- "Manhattan" -- 2/17/13

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

"Manhattan" - While Mr. Gold, Emma and Henry go in search of Gold's son Bae in New York, Cora, Regina and Hook attempt to track down one of Rumplestiltskin's most treasured possessions. Meanwhile, in the fairytale land that was, Rumplestiltskin realizes his destiny while fighting in the Ogres War, on "Once Upon a Time," SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 17 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Read more: Listings - ONCE UPON A TIME on ABC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2LBkyC9af

Episode 14 of 22
Old 02-17-13, 07:24 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Once Upon a Time -- "Manhattan" -- 2/17/13

I guess it really is a small world after all.
Old 02-18-13, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 102 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Geddlo
I guess it really is a small world after all.
Belle is going to have a hard time looking at Rumple as a good guy if

Spoiler:
He plans to murder his own grandson to keep his power
Old 02-18-13, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Kmical
Belle is going to have a hard time looking at Rumple as a good guy if

Spoiler:
He plans to murder his own grandson to keep his power
I don't think he will. Even though the last shot was intended to make us think he will, I believe he was actually internalizing the gravity of what the seer told him.
Spoiler:
The child would lead him to his son in an unexpected way and be his undoing.

So, though he vowed to kill that child (back when he knew nothing about him), now he is conflicted because he was bonding with Henry (about as well as Gold can bond with anyone) and killing him would sever the last shred of hope he still clings to regarding reconciling with his son.

I bet you
Spoiler:
Rumple sacrifices himself to stop Cora (and possibly Regina) once and for all, the moment she threatens Henry.
Old 02-18-13, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I don't think he will. Even though the last shot was intended to make us think he will, I believe he was actually internalizing the gravity of what the seer told him.
Spoiler:
The child would lead him to his son in an unexpected way and be his undoing.
Show has aired, no need for spoilers. Maybe the undoing is more about undoing him as the Dark One and returning him back to more his normal self. So, ultimately a good thing.

On another topic, Cora mentioned that they wouldn't be affected with memory loss leaving the town since they (Regina / Cora / Hook) didn't lose their memories with the curse, but wouldn't that also apply to Rumple since he didn't have memory loss either, or was maybe Cora only referring to herself and Hook, not Regina?
Old 02-18-13, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean
Show has aired, no need for spoilers. Maybe the undoing is more about undoing him as the Dark One and returning him back to more his normal self. So, ultimately a good thing.

On another topic, Cora mentioned that they wouldn't be affected with memory loss leaving the town since they (Regina / Cora / Hook) didn't lose their memories with the curse, but wouldn't that also apply to Rumple since he didn't have memory loss either, or was maybe Cora only referring to herself and Hook, not Regina?
Just herself and Hook. Though she may have told it to Regina in an attempt to eventually trick her.

Cause at some point, she's going to do the double cross.
Old 02-19-13, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A thing I thought of. How do they have modern technology in the town if no outsiders can find it? They have modern cars, cell phones, etc. Someone had to bring all that into town. Sure they can make building supplies in town & make food but unless they a have a modern technology factory, that suff is getting in somehow.
Old 02-19-13, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 102 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by resinrats
A thing I thought of. How do they have modern technology in the town if no outsiders can find it? They have modern cars, cell phones, etc. Someone had to bring all that into town. Sure they can make building supplies in town & make food but unless they a have a modern technology factory, that suff is getting in somehow.
Old 02-20-13, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

A wizard did that.
Old 02-20-13, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 807 Likes on 681 Posts

You can't really think too hard about this show's mythology, it seems to have been planned out even less than Lost. Magic will be the answer to everything...
Old 02-21-13, 11:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
You can't really think too hard about this show's mythology, it seems to have been planned out even less than Lost. Magic will be the answer to everything...
Questions like how many roads lead to Storybrook etc ... How far can the fishermen sail before losing their minds ...