TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Continuum -- "A Test of Time" -- 2/11/13

Old 02-11-13, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Continuum -- "A Test of Time" -- 2/11/13

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Kagame's return begins with a reset of Liber8ís agenda, away from violence and towards blending into the community and fostering their revolution through co-opting existing structures. But they have a vulnerability - the possibility that if their ancestors, living in this time, are murdered, they might cease to exist. A test of this theory is devised and Kiera and her grandmother are the guinea pigs.

Episode 5 of 10
Old 02-12-13, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Continuum -- "A Test of Time" -- 2/11/13

Interesting. So now they know killing an ancestor won't eliminate them from existing in the past timeline. Unless of course that wasn't his grandmother. Nice way out there. I wanted to see some Back to the Future fading into nothing shit!
Old 02-13-13, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Presumably they are in a different timeline, which means their destined future could be changed in this past world at a minimum. I thought this was the first episode of Continuum to be compelling from start to finish with the time travel implications.

My problem with Continuum is the largely ho-hum performance by Rachel Nichols. I don't think she has the charisma to be the main character and I find all the villains much more interesting, which is a serious problem for a show.
Old 02-13-13, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if she is the issue. She comes across as personable in some of the future scenes. It's like they leave a lot of her personality in the future.