Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Office -- Two new episodes -- "Junior Salesman" and "Vandalism" -- 1/31/13

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-13, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts
Re: The Office -- Two new episodes -- "Junior Salesman" and "Vandalism" -- 1/31/13

Originally Posted by DRG
Maybe Boom Guy will turn out to be the Scranton Strangler.
That was also my prediction in last week's thread.
Old 02-01-13, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Office -- Two new episodes -- "Junior Salesman" and "Vandalism" -- 1/31/13

Originally Posted by Draven
Actually, I bet they aren't all wearing mics...just the main characters. Otherwise someone's trying to keep track of 10+ audio levels at all times.
I guess it can be explained by saying that they only wear mics when they're doing their interviews... but still, it doesn't make a ton of sense.
Old 02-01-13, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
And again, boom guy didn't intervene there. Wouldn't that make him and the camera guy an accomplice had it gone down?

If they had planned on introducing the documentary crew, they should have taken that in mind when writing some of the ridiculous plots.
I agree, then again, there is video evidence of Angela hiring a contract killer and she's not in jail.

Maybe it's best not to think too much about it.
Old 02-01-13, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat3001
Well Jim is away for an extended period of time right now. I believe the only other time they were separated for a long time was when Pam was away. So now is a pretty good chance for the guy to make a move.

This will never happen but I'll think it's great if it turns out that Pam has been banging the boom guy on the side.
Actually, the best time to make his move would have been the whole third season - when Jim was working in Stamford (for most of it) and after Pam was broken up with Roy and playing the field.

But then again, Boom Guy wouldn't have had a chance because he hadn't even been created then... as a transparent plot contrivance.
Old 02-01-13, 12:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

as a transparent plot contrivance.
could be, but as I mentioned previously, I can't help but think that this sudden intrusion of the filming crew has something to do with how the show ends.
Old 02-01-13, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7N2q1XkFuqY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 02-01-13, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Isn't the Super Bowl on CBS?
Old 02-01-13, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, the show is back full speed ahead running off the tracks.

Dwight acting like Michael in the first episode, and Pam being a whiny bitch, yet not getting punished for defacing a car, yet the other guy gets fired.

I won't be even go into the Brian storyline.

EDIT - Not to mention 50% of the humor now is toilet humor - poop, masturbating, penis. Come on, writers.
Old 02-01-13, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts

Here is my crappily done re-interpretation of the cast photo.

Old 02-01-13, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperBatMan
Pam being a whiny bitch, yet not getting punished for defacing a car, yet the other guy gets fired.
She works hard on a mural and some asshole in the warehouse paints over it - that makes her a whiny bitch?

Plus, they made a point of saying the paint on the truck would wash off with a hose. She hardly "defaced" his car. But he certainly ruined her mural and came after her in the parking lot.
Old 02-01-13, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts

Also it seems pretty weird that Val was indifferent to the whole thing, considering she knows the upstairs people and is dating Daryl.
Old 02-01-13, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

"I hope you like Norwegian Black Metal, because I don't do earbuds!"
Old 02-01-13, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bluetoast
Also it seems pretty weird that Val was indifferent to the whole thing, considering she knows the upstairs people and is dating Daryl.
I don't think they're dating anymore. I think they just completely dropped that storyline.
Old 02-01-13, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tarantino
I don't think they're dating anymore. I think they just completely dropped that storyline.
They are - he quietly mentioned it in one of the conference room meetings.
Old 02-01-13, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Not that I feel it deserves an explanation, but there is obviously more than crew filming. It could easily have been the non-Brian crew with that scene (and Brian is only intervening because he likes Pam).
Nah, this is a documentary. How many documentaries do you hear about with multiple film crews? This isn't the next Planet Earth they're filming.
Old 02-01-13, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Nah, this is a documentary. How many documentaries do you hear about with multiple film crews? This isn't the next Planet Earth they're filming.
How many times have we seen one crew on location with another back at the office? Constantly.
Old 02-01-13, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ugh to repeat what I've been saying for years...

"UK VERSION BETTER. US VERSION SHOULD HAVE ENDED YEARS AGO!"

The whole "jim is an asshole" plot line is totally unrealistic given the way they've portrayed the character all these year.
Old 02-01-13, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

How many times have we seen one crew on location with another back at the office? Constantly.
True. I guess this is one of those big budget documentaries.
Old 02-01-13, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, this crew definitely has multiple cameras going within the office at one time...at least two and maybe three. There is no other way they could be getting different angles of events happening at the same time. It's surprising that the cameras never end up shooting another camera or members of the documentary crew...until now at least.

I'm glad that for Modern Family they've gone with the notion that there is no one making a documentary about this family and that they're just using the documentary style for the show.

This storyline sort of reminds me of what happened on The Real World Seattle. One of the the producers or crew people got romantically involved with one of the cast members and was fired for it. I think they tried to continue the relationship after she was fired. I'm guessing we haven't seen the last of Briam (Brian/Pam).
Old 02-01-13, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant11
Ugh to repeat what I've been saying for years...

"UK VERSION BETTER. US VERSION SHOULD HAVE ENDED YEARS AGO!"

The whole "jim is an asshole" plot line is totally unrealistic given the way they've portrayed the character all these year.
How is Jim an asshole? Because he was a slob and rude to Daryl? He realized what he was doing wrong and apologized.
Old 02-02-13, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DRG
Maybe Boom Guy will turn out to be the Scranton Strangler.
Came in here to post this.
Old 02-02-13, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

How is Jim an asshole? Because he was a slob and rude to Daryl? He realized what he was doing wrong and apologized.
No I mean the general way he is being a dick to Pam of late. Seems like a complete 180 for the character and the whole way they've presented them over the years. It's almost like they forced the whole troubled relationship story line because they already answered the big "will they or won't they" question all those seasons ago.
Old 02-02-13, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Other then the argument, he wasn't really a dick during these episodes.
Old 02-02-13, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I don't even know why they're messing with the Jim/Pam relationship. It's worked for years as-is being an anti-sitcom relationship. Every time in the past we think they're going to do what every sitcom does, Jim and Pam turn it around to show the strength of their relationship. Now, they're going against that. And as everyone has already stated, the mic-boom guy is just a horrible plot contrivance for the final season. Had they been introduced several seasons ago, we might have gone with it, but this is too much too late.
Old 02-02-13, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 479 Likes on 315 Posts

I know this whole conversation is silly, but tons of documenatries play around with the timeline in order to create a narrative. For all we know the footage in any given episode could have been filmed months apart and then edited to make it look like Dwight and the new guy went on a sales call the same day every one got hopped up on coffee and tore up the rugs. There's no way to know for sure.

And the crew probably got Angela and Oscar to stage the whole "hiring a contract killer thing". Documentaries restage stuff they miss all the time.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.