DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Spartacus: War Of The Damned - Final Season Premier - "Enemies Of Rome" - 1/25/13 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/608206-spartacus-war-damned-final-season-premier-enemies-rome-1-25-13-a.html)

redrum 01-24-13 01:24 PM

Spartacus: War Of The Damned - Final Season Premier - "Enemies Of Rome" - 1/25/13

It's finally time men, the most glorious television show to ever grace our eyes returns tomorrow

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/se...1354243895.jpg

Episode #301

Spoiler:
'Enemies Of Rome' Spartacus continues to assemble a formidable army and outwit Romes best commanders. Desperate, the powers of the Empire are forced to turn to wealthy, ambitious Marcus Crassus to aid the campaign.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ptX_pjz5s2k?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ptX_pjz5s2k?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

zuffy 01-24-13 04:19 PM

Re: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - Final Season Premier - "Enemies Of Rome" - 1/25/13

Can't wait!

brainee 01-24-13 06:41 PM

Re: Spartacus: War Of The Damned - Final Season Premier - "Enemies Of Rome" - 1/25/13

I hope Spartacus and his allies win the war against Rome!!!

Geofferson 01-24-13 07:27 PM

How many episodes is this season? Not sure if I want to renew my Starz subscription or just pay for these on Amazon.

DJariya 01-24-13 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Geofferson (Post 11553096)
How many episodes is this season? Not sure if I want to renew my Starz subscription or just pay for these on Amazon.

It isn't available ala carte on Amazon.

It's 10 episodes.

In case your wondering, Da Vinci's Demons will premiere in April after this ends. Then in the summer, the 2nd season of Magic City premieres. So there's your justification to keep Starz.

DJariya 01-24-13 09:12 PM

BTW, Steven S. DeKnight's next project is a science fiction war thriller called "Incursion" for Starz

He tweeted recently that he's hoping it will be ready sometime in 2014. They have not shot a Pilot yet or cast anyone.

Evan Meadow 01-25-13 05:56 AM

Can't wait for this. Its a series that's just perfect for HDTV and Blu-Rays as well. So glad to have all of it that way.

starseed1981 01-25-13 10:10 AM

Yes! Finally!

Geofferson 01-25-13 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 11553136)
In case your wondering, Da Vinci's Demons will premiere in April after this ends. Then in the summer, the 2nd season of Magic City premieres. So there's your justification to keep Starz.

Thanks for the info.

Mordred 01-25-13 01:35 PM

By Jupiter's cock, I'm excited!

DJariya 01-25-13 11:02 PM

-eek- Watching this right now.

Holy shit. The first 7 minutes was a ridiculous blood bath.

:lol: at Sparty chopping off the Roman's jaw and then turning his face to ground beef.

DJariya 01-25-13 11:11 PM

:thumbsup: Gannicus having a 4 way. What a slut :lol:

DJariya 01-25-13 11:26 PM

DeKnight wasn't kidding that they are going out with a bang.

Naevia is one badass bitch right here. Took out 2 Romans in a pretty sick way. Total 180 degree turn from last season.

I like Crixus new look with the longer hair and beard.

DJariya 01-25-13 11:39 PM

:lol: Sparty with the double decapitation. Holy fuck, he isn't screwing around. No deals with these Romans.

DJariya 01-25-13 11:45 PM

Man, that was a fantastic hour of TV. Totally sick. Can't believe no else one here watched tonight. It's Friday night for crying out loud.

Loved Sparty's last line that he plans to soak Rome with blood and death.

DeKnight and company have seriously taken things to the next level. Can't wait until next week.

Mordred 01-26-13 12:46 AM

Such a great premiere. I think the best part is that Crassus isn't really a bad guy at all... just someone who is on the wrong side of the war. He's a great addition.

For a second there I thought his wife was the crazy chick from the last two seasons. Very similar looking.

dalbowski 01-26-13 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 11554914)
:thumbsup: Gannicus having a 4 way. What a slut :lol:

Meh, two of them were background filler.

redrum 01-26-13 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by Mordred (Post 11554978)

For a second there I thought his wife was the crazy chick from the last two seasons. Very similar looking.

Ya...

And ya Crixus looks awesome with the long hair and beard

Geofferson 01-26-13 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mordred (Post 11554978)

Yup, we thought the same thing. Did a double-take initially.

Great blood-soaked premiere. Season's off to a good start. :up:

Dmacsg1 01-26-13 04:40 AM

Awesome premiere!! Ought to be one hell of a ride to the series finale!!

Davinchi's Demons has me very intrigued!!

actionjackson29 01-26-13 06:48 AM

This is easily one of the best shows of the last few years. I'm gonna miss it when it's gone. And with all of the previous antagonists killed off its a shame we only get 10 episodes with the new ones. I'm already impressed with Crassus but, I don't see the others getting much to work with. I'd be very surprised if his son makes it through to the end.

Red Dog 01-27-13 01:27 PM

Hopefully Crassus' son gets his head lopped off in full gallons of blood CGI glory. ;)

rotfl at the double decapitations and the headless bodies falling in unison into the pool.

Patman 01-27-13 05:16 PM

Had to laugh at the cut from some straight loving to some not-so-straight loving. The producers are just playing with their viewers emotions. :)

starseed1981 01-28-13 10:50 AM

That was awesome! Gannicus is seriously the most badass character since Jack Bauer. And by the second line he spoke I was seriously ready to punch Crassus' son in the face.