DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Parenthood -- Season Finale -- "Because You're My Sister" -- 1/22/13 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/608166-parenthood-season-finale-because-youre-my-sister-1-22-13-a.html)

DJariya 01-22-13 08:43 PM

Parenthood -- Season Finale -- "Because You're My Sister" -- 1/22/13

http://goodmorningjoe.files.wordpres...od21.jpg?w=610

Synopsis:

In the fourth season finale, Jasmine (Joy Bryant) and Crosby (Dax Shepard) plan an anniversary get away and receive exciting news. Kristina (Monica Potter) and Adam (Peter Krause) prepare for the next phase of her treatment. Drew (Miles Heizer) learns the results of his college applications. Amber (Mae Whitman) and Ryan (Matt Lauria) discuss the future of their relationship. Joel (Sam Jaeger) and Julia (Erika Christensen) plan an event for the entire Braverman family. Meanwhile, Sarah (Lauren Graham) is forced to make a decision about her relationships with Mark (Jason Ritter) and Hank (Ray Romano). Also starring Craig T. Nelson, Bonnie Bedelia, Max Burkholder, Xolo Mariduena, Tyree Brown and Savannah Paige Rae

Read more: Listings - PARENTHOOD on NBC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2IlLtj7zP

Episode 15 of 15

Last episode of the season and possibly series. Jason Katims said in an interview that this episode could work as a series finale. But, he hopes it will get renewed. He's heard nothing from NBC.

MrSmearkase 01-22-13 09:12 PM

Re: Parenthood -- Season/Series? Finale -- "Because You're My Sister" -- 1/22/13

/\ Julia looks hot in that photo :up:

I sincerely hope that this is not the Series Finale.

Geofferson 01-22-13 10:48 PM

Re: Parenthood -- Season/Series? Finale -- "Because You're My Sister" -- 1/22/13

Sure felt like a series finale. But then again, the last couple have. Hopefully this show returns (crosses fingers).

siddd5 01-22-13 11:50 PM

Excited about the upcoming spinoff 'Jason Ritter Hates Raymond'.

Evan Meadow 01-23-13 04:49 AM

The spinoff should be "Sarah Sucks At Love".

Raul3 01-23-13 08:57 AM

:lol:

Great episode.

Have I mentioned before that I'm a Zeek's fan? ;)

Great use of a Eddie Vedder song too.

I can't wait for the next season!

mphtrilogy 01-24-13 02:00 PM

I hope it gets renewed..

Ritter was great.. I want him to stay on the show, but he deserves a show of his own...

really enjoy ray romano and would be happy to see him for next season...

nice season finale.. i hope its not a series finale!

Barth 01-24-13 09:00 PM

I'm hoping for another season as well. My favorite show and wife's too on tv right now.

rfduncan 01-25-13 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by mphtrilogy (Post 11552671)
Ritter was great.. I want him to stay on the show, but he deserves a show of his own...

He did. It was an ensemble show centered around his character called THE CLASS.

Originally Posted by mphtrilogy (Post 11552671)
nice season finale.. i hope its not a series finale!

I love this show and would happily watch it if it returns. However, I dislike how it's always so "on the bubble" with NBC that the writers have to fashion each season finale like it could act as a series finale. I'd prefer a season cliffhanger once. That said, I really like this wrap up be it a season or series finale.

Rival11 01-26-13 12:13 PM

It was a good season finale...I still think the whole Sarah love triangle thing was too rushed but it still kind of works.

As always....here's hoping the show returns for yet another season.

DJariya 01-26-13 08:23 PM

Really solid finale. But yeah it sure as hell felt like a series finale. Every major storyline was wrapped up nicely.

:lol: Kind of feel bad for Mark. He ended up getting nothing at the end. Hopefully Jason Ritter gets a show of his own next season. The whole Mark-Sarah romance has definitely run its course.

Happy that Kristina and Adam got that vacation.

Not really warmed up to Victor. He was a little shit most of the season. But glad he finally warmed up to Joel and Julia and the adoption went through.

Raul3 01-29-13 07:49 AM

Good read here:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollyw...tch-parenthood

mphtrilogy 01-29-13 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Raul3 (Post 11557810)

fun read.. but I dont agree with there power rankings...

Adam is the glue and I think Peter Krause does a fantastic job in what is sometimes a thankless role in big brother support system..
I'll keep Crosby at the top but Adam has to be #2.. Julia is ranked way too high on there list...

id rank em like this

1crosby
2adam
3amber
4jabaar
5zeke
6sara
7jasmine
8christina
9joel
10sydney
11max
12julia
13camille

and this i agree it sure seemed like a series finale.. but i hope not!!

Noonan 01-29-13 09:05 AM

I hope this show gets another few seasons. There's still plenty they can do with the characters.

Regarding the article, I never put it together that Crosby was the guy from Punk'd. I remember watching that JT episode but it never clicked that it was the same guy.

mphtrilogy 01-29-13 09:54 AM

crosby was also in idiocracy...

Raul3 01-29-13 03:15 PM

Yeah, those power rankings are a joke. I won't even put Crosby in first.

mphtrilogy 01-30-13 12:40 PM

i dont mind crosby #1, for the wide range of what happens to the dude..

but to me adam is the heart and sould of the show..
amber is pretty great as well

dex14 04-26-13 01:55 PM

Renewed for 22 episodes.
http://tvline.com/2013/04/26/nbc-ren...od-revolution/

MikahC 04-26-13 02:06 PM

Excellent, excellent news. Not just renewed, but renewed for a 22-episode season. That's better than this past season.

DJariya 04-26-13 02:11 PM

Yup after 2 short seasons, happy we get a full season. Glad that NBC realized this was one of their few hits and it shouldn't get short changed. Both shows that replaced Parenthood were disasters.

birdseye 04-26-13 02:17 PM

Great news, and a full season!

Geofferson 04-26-13 02:26 PM

So happy this will be coming back. :up:

Gizmo 04-26-13 09:45 PM

I really hope Ray Romano comes back.

Ropes Pierre 04-27-13 09:11 AM

Happy to see the show getting the season length it deserves.

SteveA 04-27-13 12:41 PM

Yes, good news indeed. I also hope Ray Romano comes back. Maybe they can add Anthony Braugher and Scott Backula to the cast too and add some "Men of a Certain Age" subplots. Well, one can dream.