Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Anger Management -- Thursdays (FX)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Anger Management -- Thursdays (FX)

Old 01-18-13, 03:09 AM
  #1  
DVD Talk Godfather
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 56,988
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Anger Management -- Thursdays (FX)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I don't plan to watch this, but I figured I would do you all a favor and post a thread.

In case you didn't know, this was renewed for 90 episodes.

This show will air every Thursday non-stop on FX for the next 2 years.

2 episodes aired tonight

Episode 1 - "Charlie Loses it at a Baby Shower" (Airs January 17, 9:00 pm e/p) - Charlie blows up at his sister's baby shower. Written by Michael Loftus; directed by Steve Zuckerman.


Episode 2 - "Charlie's Dad Starts to Lose It" (Airs January 17, 9:30 pm e/p) - Charlie isn't sure if his father, Martin, is developing Alzheimer's. Written by Clay Graham; directed by Andy Cadiff.



Martin Sheen has joined the cast as a series regular. He will be playing none other than Charlie's Dad....named Martin. Go figure.


Let the smartass, sarcastic comments begin saying this show is a piece of shit and the worst FX show ever...blah blah blah.
Old 01-18-13, 10:54 AM
  #2  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,177
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Anger Management -- Thursdays (FX)

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
In case you didn't know, this was renewed for 90 episodes.

This show will air every Thursday non-stop on FX for the next 2 years.
Never watched it, have no plans to, but FX really feels that strongly about this show that they're willing to commit to producing 2 episodes a week for close to 2 years? That's gutsy. And stupid. Maybe this is some sort of new plan to be able to get a show into syndication quicker than any show in history.

Someone at FX must have Charlie in their death pool.

-jason
Old 01-18-13, 11:11 AM
  #3  
Moderator
 
dex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 29,353
Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Re: Anger Management -- Thursdays (FX)

It comes down to 2.5 Men was huge when he was on it. When FX airs the reruns of that it gets really good numbers. So it seems they really wanted to be in the Sheen business.

I watched the first season. It was too light. Not what I expected. I hope they grow some balls this year.
Old 01-18-13, 01:17 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Godfather
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 56,988
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Anger Management -- Thursdays (FX)

Originally Posted by fuzzbox View Post
Never watched it, have no plans to, but FX really feels that strongly about this show that they're willing to commit to producing 2 episodes a week for close to 2 years? That's gutsy. And stupid. Maybe this is some sort of new plan to be able to get a show into syndication quicker than any show in history.

Someone at FX must have Charlie in their death pool.

-jason
It's actually only 1 episode per week for the next 2 years. Premiere was the exception.

And yes, it was already sold into syndication.
Old 01-19-13, 09:08 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
TheKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: City Of Orange, CA
Posts: 8,069
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Anger Management -- Thursdays (FX)

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
It's actually only 1 episode per week for the next 2 years. Premiere was the exception.

And yes, it was already sold into syndication.
While you're correct that they're only going to be airing one a week, Charlie did an interview where he was talking about the schedule, and they are actually producing 2 shows a week now. I think he said the typical schedule for it is Monday and Tuesday is one show, Wednesday is an off day, and then the second show is done Thursday and Friday.
Old 01-19-13, 10:33 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
madcougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 6,690
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Anger Management -- Thursdays (FX)

Originally Posted by TheKing View Post
While you're correct that they're only going to be airing one a week, Charlie did an interview where he was talking about the schedule, and they are actually producing 2 shows a week now. I think he said the typical schedule for it is Monday and Tuesday is one show, Wednesday is an off day, and then the second show is done Thursday and Friday.
Nothing says quality like a super rushed production schedule.
Old 01-19-13, 11:05 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,426
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Anger Management -- Thursdays (FX)

Originally Posted by madcougar View Post
Nothing says quality like a super rushed production schedule.
Welcome to the 10/90 by Lionsgate.

Now go watch "Mr Box Office". Do it.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.