TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Once Upon a Time -- "The Outsider" -- 1/13/13

Old 01-13-13, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Once Upon a Time -- "The Outsider" -- 1/13/13

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

"The Outsider" - Mr. Gold finds an unwilling test subject to see if a spell he has concocted will allow him to cross the border of Storybrooke -- without losing his memory -- and go in search of his son, Bae; Belle stumbles upon a vengeful Hook in the Storybrooke harbor whose main goal is to eradicate Rumplestiltskin; and Mary Margaret and David go house hunting in search of a bigger place to live. Meanwhile, in the fairytale land that was, Belle meets Mulan as the two set out to slay a fearsome beast called the Yaoguai, who has been ravaging the land, on "Once Upon a Time," SUNDAY, JANUARY 13 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Episode 11 of 22
Old 01-14-13, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Once Upon a Time -- "The Outsider" -- 1/13/13

I both liked and disliked this episode. There were too many moments of characters awkwardly sitting on information. Hook being there should have been reason enough to raise the alarm since Cora couldn't be far behind. And then when Doctor Hopper reveals himself to Emma and Henry, Emma says they owe Regina an appology and then just stands around looking like an idiot. Would it have killed her to call Regina up to let her knwo her batshit insane mother is in Storybrooke and she framed Regina for Doctor Hopper's fake murder?

Basically, I felt like I was watching Lost.
Old 01-14-13, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp View Post
I both liked and disliked this episode. There were too many moments of characters awkwardly sitting on information. Hook being there should have been reason enough to raise the alarm since Cora couldn't be far behind. And then when Doctor Hopper reveals himself to Emma and Henry, Emma says they owe Regina an appology and then just stands around looking like an idiot. Would it have killed her to call Regina up to let her knwo her batshit insane mother is in Storybrooke and she framed Regina for Doctor Hopper's fake murder?

Basically, I felt like I was watching Lost.
The problem is, they don't know where Regina went. She disappeared in a puff of smoke in the previous episode. As for Hopper being released, yeah, you figure he would have gotten the word out about Hook and Cora, but Gold had his own agenda, and if not for Belle, Hook wouldn't have been around anyway.
Old 01-14-13, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by TheKing View Post
The problem is, they don't know where Regina went. She disappeared in a puff of smoke in the previous episode. As for Hopper being released, yeah, you figure he would have gotten the word out about Hook and Cora, but Gold had his own agenda, and if not for Belle, Hook wouldn't have been around anyway.
True, I forgot Regina vanished. But that still leaves the fact that Emma should have called David and Mary Margaret immediately with the news that Cora was in town. And although Gold has his agenda and Belle was fixated on him, it's odd neither stopped to tell everyone else what was up given that a few episodes ago it was Gold who was hellbent on keeping Cora out (to the point that he very nearly had Regina kill Emma and Mary Margaret when they returned through the portal) because even he perceives Cora as a threat.

Last edited by RocShemp; 01-14-13 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-14-13, 01:09 PM

So is there only one road into Storybrooke? (Sort of like the apparently (?) single road into Eureka? Homage?)
Old 01-14-13, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Way too much going on in this show for me. Surprised it's still getting decent ratings.
Old 01-14-13, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by RocShemp View Post
But that still leaves the fact that Emma should have called David and Mary Margaret immediately with the news that Cora was in town.
Its not like that scene lasted that long. She just said they should let Regina know & the scene changed. She probably walked right over to the phone to let the others know.