TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Californication -- Season Premiere -- "The Unforgiven" -- 1/13/13

Old 01-13-13, 04:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Californication -- Season Premiere -- "The Unforgiven" -- 1/13/13

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

In the Season 6 premiere, still reeling from the murder attempt on his life, Hank accompanies Charlie to a meeting with a rock star who wants to mount a Broadway musical based on Hank's "Crazy Little Thing Called Love."

12 episode 6th season

Trailer:

<param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=1889467561001&playerID=29474209001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAAA9pg~,GnOHJwU2r3sFsJRSf1bvZ_iPYmWg8io0&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1889467561001&playerID=29474209001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAAA9pg~,GnOHJwU2r3sFsJRSf1bvZ_iPYmWg8io0&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

Californication is like a parasite. It just never seems to die. We go through this every year. People in this forum claim they are sick of this show and won't come back, but they still do.

Can't wait until tonight.
Old 01-13-13, 08:59 AM

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts
Re: Californication -- Season Premiere -- "The Unforgiven" -- 1/13/13

Lost alumna Maggie Grace’s major arc on the upcoming sixth season of Showtime’s dark comedy Californication will remain just that. I hear Showtime has scrapped plans to potentially spin off Grace’s character Faith into her own series. Showtime had the option to do so as Grace’s deal had a regular option behind it. Faith is a former Catholic school girl-turned-groupie who has been on the road with various bands for years and is considered a muse to elite artists. Though she has a fondness for sex, drugs and rock and roll, she remains quite religious. She meets and becomes friends with Hank Moody (David Duchovny) and eventually, that friendship blossoms into more. Californication sixth season debuts tomorrow night.
Old 01-13-13, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Damn, 6th season? I think the last season I saw was 3(the Eva Amurri). I've got some catching up to do. Might still check this out with the free preview though.
Old 01-13-13, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Like I did with Weeds, I'm only watching now because I've gone this far and I just want closure.

Please tell me this is the last season.
Old 01-13-13, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the Season 6 premiere, still reeling from the murder attempt on his life, Hank accompanies Charlie to a meeting with a rock star who wants to mount a Broadway musical based on Hank's "Crazy Little Thing Called Love."
Shit. I need to recap season 5. Forgot all about that.
Old 01-13-13, 04:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm looking forward to it. It's not great television, but entertaining enough to want (just a little) more.
Old 01-13-13, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Will watch. Might not be what it was, but better than most crap on TV, and fortunately for it, most of the other stuff I give a crap about on Sundays has ended its season.
Old 01-13-13, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by boogieman03 View Post
Shit. I need to recap season 5. Forgot all about that.
Haha... I know. I do not remember that at all
Old 01-14-13, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Not many laughs. It was really the Hank Moody self pity 1/2 Hour.

Surprised that they killed off Carrie.

And did we really need more Hank and Karen flashbacks to when they 1st met? Duchovny and McElhone have aged considerably and don't look young anymore to make the flashbacks look realistic.

at Hank drinking his own piss. And Charlie's reaction.

Guess we're going to be seeing alot of Hank in rehab this season.
Old 01-14-13, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not a bad episode, however...

I have a horrible feeling of this season ending with Hank dying in hospital from the OD he was given at the end of last season. Tonight's episode was just kind of weird and surreal. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Old 01-14-13, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by andicus View Post
Not a bad episode, however...

I have a horrible feeling of this season ending with Hank dying in hospital from the OD he was given at the end of last season. Tonight's episode was just kind of weird and surreal. Hopefully I'm wrong.
I know what you mean; at times it sort of had Owl Creek Bridge vibe to it.

I'm trying to puzzle out whether or not Atticus Fetch is based on a real person. Eddie Nero was obviously a Brad Pitt surrogate; Samurai Apocalypse was sort of Kanye West... Fetch seems like part Russell Brand, part Bono, part 80s heavy metal guy (Ozzy?).
Old 01-14-13, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
And did we really need more Hank and Karen flashbacks to when they 1st met? Duchovny and McElhone have aged considerably and don't look young anymore to make the flashbacks look realistic.
I think the flashbacks were Hanks dreaming while "under" instead of his actual memory. So he's mixing the past with the current Hank and Karen. It even looks like they're using current clothing styles instead of last seasons flashbacks using early 90s fashion.
Old 01-14-13, 10:40 PM

Hopefully the rehab stuff brings some laughs this season. Wasn't impressed with this season opener.
Old 01-14-13, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ugh. I don't know if I have it in me to sit through another season of Hank and Karen.
Old 01-15-13, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This show was good when they had that Cylon guy on. Not so much after.

And why wasn't Hank screaming at the friend giving him the guilt trip about her friend trying to kill him?
Old 01-15-13, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Coral View Post
Like I did with Weeds, I'm only watching now because I've gone this far and I just want closure.

Please tell me this is the last season.
This is exactly me. I don't know how many times we can watch Hank drink, get drunk and act like an asshole (though he wasn't so assholish tonight, just depressed.)

I wish he would give up smoking. I can't stand that no one, on the show, comments on this disgusting habit. It's California and it's the 21st century.
Old 01-15-13, 04:14 PM
Political Exile

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Did the black chick ever actually show the goods last season? Are we going to revolve this season around another chick who is probably not going to get naked?
Old 01-15-13, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by spainlinx0 View Post
Did the black chick ever actually show the goods last season? Are we going to revolve this season around another chick who is probably not going to get naked?
honestly that's all this show has left for me...who can be naked. I loved this show the first few seasons but it's become a chore.

ah well.
Old 01-15-13, 08:28 PM
Political Exile

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JayDerek View Post
honestly that's all this show has left for me...who can be naked. I loved this show the first few seasons but it's become a chore.

ah well.
I admit my main draw is what hot girl's goods I am going to see.
Old 01-15-13, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I really hated the cliche'd 80's rock star in this episode. He was just so out of place. It's 2013 and he still has the 80's image - and with that image he's still popular enough to make enough money to have his own jet and extravagant lifestyle? He screams washed-up and broke from his 80's excess.

I hope that's the last we see of him.
Old 01-16-13, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^ Doubt it, as the poster for this season hints music will be a strong motif.

A rather average ep., but loved the "worst intervention ever..." line.
Old 01-18-13, 03:30 AM
Banned by request

Unlike most people, I didn't get sick of the show. But this might have been the worst episode of the series. The memories were poorly done, the arcs feel played out. There's always some stupid reason for Hank to fuck up his own life. Most of the time I bought it, but they did not establish the crazy chick well enough for them to justify guilt over her death being his reason for descending into self-destruction this time.

Also, I've already seen Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Get Him To The Greek. I don't have any interest in this second-rate Aldous Snow.

I'm sure many people would say it happened earlier, but this is the point for me where it descended into self-parody. I'll watch next week's, and if it's not better, I'm out.