Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Mandalorian -- Star Wars -- News, rumors, etc. -- possible spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-05, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by Deftones
Feel free to do so. Until then, anything you "speculate" is nothing more than that.

Why do you keep repeating what I say? Defensive about our shows are we?

Even though 24 wouldn't start until Jan, wouldn't it still be considered part of the overall 2005-2006 season?

I'm not sure which timeframe I would prefer. I'm leaning towards between 3-4. Only because the Empire will be at the height of its power, which would make for a strong ememy in the series. Whereas after ROTJ, the Empire is in fragments and not much of a threat.
Old 04-27-05, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Darth Vader's just a guy in a suit, so if they wanted to put him in, they could do so easily. Same with Boba Fett; we're not given a specific time-frame the series takes place in, so if it's within a few years of ANH, Boba could show up, too.

I would say it is VERY safe to say that Vader and Fett will have at the least heavy cameos in any series set before ANH.
Old 04-27-05, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by superdeluxe
well thats why I didnt put it on at 8pm (Lost)

I think it would crush Smallville.
Here in Chicago, Lost (ABC) & Smallville (WGN) are both on at the same time (8:00 eastern/7:00 central)
Old 04-27-05, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More news:

http://www.moviehole.net/news/5533.html

Kevin Smith writing and directing Star Wars TV series

IESB has confirmed that "Jay and Silent Bob" brainchild Kevin Smith will indeed be involved in the forthcoming live-action "Star Wars" TV Series.

According to the site, "Kevin's involvement will be in the writing and directing of at least a three episode story arch."
Should be interesting.
Old 04-27-05, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

IESB has confirmed that "Jay and Silent Bob" brainchild Kevin Smith will indeed be involved in the forthcoming live-action "Star Wars" TV Series.

According to the site, "Kevin's involvement will be in the writing and directing of at least a three episode story arch."
Well, that should delight/piss off many people.
Old 04-27-05, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by automator
Well, that should delight/piss off many people.
delight here.
Old 04-27-05, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
delight here.
Here too. Kevin Smith can write fantasy very well, as many comic book fans can attest to. Should make for some great character-driven episodes.
Old 04-27-05, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just hope Vader is in the show
Old 04-27-05, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Cusm
I would say it is VERY safe to say that Vader and Fett will have at the least heavy cameos in any series set before ANH.
Originally Posted by Get Me Coffee
Just hope Vader is in the show

Personally, I hightly doubt we'll see either. I see this as being very separated from the Star Wars movies. My guess is no Vader, no Fett, no Chewie - no one from the movies. You'll see generic Stormtroopers and aliens to tie it into the same universe, and hear of things that tie it in, but that's about it. See this quote from George Lucas

http://www.freep.com/news/latestnews...6_20050426.htm

We're also working on a live action series spin-off, not on the main characters but from other characters in the Star Wars universe

Last edited by Morf; 04-27-05 at 09:50 AM.
Old 04-27-05, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts
It'd be awesome if it centered on Dash Rendar

Old 04-27-05, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts
I bet Kevin Smith's episodes will air 6 months late, and then they won't even air his last episode, because he just couldn't finish it.... I joke, but that's exactly what happened with his Spider-Man book.

Also, you guys are all looking at this thing with blinders on - who says this has to take place in and around the movie's settings? Look at a game like KOTOR - that took place 5,000 years before the movies, had none of the same characters but it had a great Star Wars story. There's a lot of potential here for stories from Star Wars history like, say, how the Jedis began, to the far future of the galaxy ("Not so long ago, in galaxy...) There's a lot of potential for this to be great, it all depends on good writers and directors that are willing to use the familiar SW universe as a spring-board to something greater.

Last edited by slop101; 04-27-05 at 10:49 AM.
Old 04-27-05, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by slop101
There's a lot of potential here for stories from Star Wars history like, say, how the Jedis began, to the far future of the galaxy ("Not so long ago, in galaxy...)
It has already been posted that Lucas said the show will take place between Episodes 3 & 4.
Old 04-27-05, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts
Maybe at first, but that's more than a little restrictive when you're looking at over 100 episodes - as long as we don't have to put up with something like this:

Old 04-27-05, 11:38 AM

Maybe at first, but that's more than a little restrictive when you're looking at over 100 episodes
I'm not sure why. There is, what, 17-20 years between Episodes 3 & 4? There is plenty of room for 100 episodes, especially when we are talking about new characters. Just sayin'. I too would be interested in a pre-prequel or post-OT TV series.
Old 04-27-05, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think, markability-wise, between III and IV would probably be best. That way you have all the familiar things from Star Wars -- storm troopers, similar-looking ships, etc. -- and viewers can quickly know "this is Star Wars." You could have a character like Dash Rendar (from Shadows of the Empire, which takes place between IV and V), like GuessWho said, or Rogue Squadron, or some new invented character. We could see Alderaan, the beginnings of the Rebellion, etc.

Story-wise, I think a KOTOR-era timeline (thousands of years before the movies) would be best. There's so much more room to maneuver, and truly epic storylines could be crafted without much regard for past or future events. But people wouldn't connect it, at least initially, to Star Wars (unless it starred a lightsaber-wielding Jedi or something).

It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.
Old 04-27-05, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Well let's see, everyone hated the fart and poop jokes featuring Jar Jar in Episode I, yet we're supposed to get excited about a guy whos specialty is making movies built on dick and fart jokes working on a Star Wars TV show?

I think you got it right Automator.
Old 04-27-05, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
DaSo it looks like maybe George is finally "getting it." The audience wants darker material, not a bunch of muppets or Jar-Jars.
You know, I just thought of something, it's not really that the fans want darker material, the material is already pretty dark, the problem is the presentation didn't properly reflect that. I wonder that the Ewoks and even Jar Jar could have been done right, if maybe they were the lone bright spots in an otherwise dark story.

As for Kevin Smith, at least his dick and fart jokes are funny.
Old 04-27-05, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by milo bloom
As for Kevin Smith, at least his dick and fart jokes are funny.
Yeah, I'll agree that for the most part they are, and at least they occur in movies that have a place for them.
Old 05-09-05, 03:29 PM

Another tiny rumor from ComingSoon:

http://comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=9526

...the TV series will be shot in Australia and a deal will be done this June. The show will be one hundred episodes long and a hour each.
Old 05-09-05, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts
BAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's gonna be a reality show , you know bcause Fox likes that sort of thing

No link, I just know this to be fact.

Spoiler:
I'm kidding, so don't kill me. Or I'll stick Jar Jar on ya

Last edited by Bacon; 05-09-05 at 06:49 PM.
Old 05-09-05, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Maybe at first, but that's more than a little restrictive when you're looking at over 100 episodes - as long as we don't have to put up with something like this:

That seems about right for the WB.
Old 05-10-05, 04:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Morf

This is GREAT news!!

I've actually been saying for quite some time now that George should pass the reigns to Kevin Smith for future projects.

I know some of you don't like Smith's movies, but know this: He is one of, if not THE biggest Star Wars fan in Hollywood. He would respect and honor the original vision of Lucas, while no doubt making some very interesting additions of his own.

I hope he gets more than just 3 episodes! He would do the whole series justice, I have great faith in him
Old 05-10-05, 04:34 AM
Banned

SPAM removed.

Last edited by Dead; 05-10-05 at 07:21 AM.
Old 05-10-05, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

buh-bye.
Old 05-10-05, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bet Kevin Smith's episodes will air 6 months late, and then they won't even air his last episode, because he just couldn't finish it.... I joke, but that's exactly what happened with his Spider-Man book.

That's exactly what I was going to say.

I love his work, I hate his work ethic, as previously stated.

I know he can do serious, as his Daredevil issues were some of the best comics I've ever read.

I just worry about his ability to get his fucking job done on TIME.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.