Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Mandalorian -- Star Wars -- News, rumors, etc. -- possible spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-04, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts
Honestly, this has promise, but it needs to have vision. It needs a J. J. Abrams, a JMS, a Joss Whedon, a singular vision at the center with the carte blanche to create whatever type of series that can feasibly fit in with Lucas's world.

The logical answer, of course, is Ashton Kutcher.
Old 10-01-04, 11:01 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i would like to check this out

J. J. Abrams did a great job on alias on the first 2 years but not as interesting as it once was. I would watch this new starwars if it ever happens, i will be looking for it. I am another that would like to have one of a young indina jones again, hell he don't even have to be young lol, just the indiana jones story line is great
Old 10-02-04, 04:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by JTH182
I forsee any future Star Wars project (movies or TV, but not Clone Wars cartoons) being completely CGI... No real actors, only voices. This would allow Mark Hamill to have a BIG part, and look age (and fitness level) appropriate. we already know Mark likes doing voices, so this would be a no brainer.
Ive always wondered why it apparently hadnt even been considered to do some theatrical movies based on the post-OT novels in CGI. I know there are a lot of people who would hate it, but who could really be mad about bringing the Thrawn trilogy to the big screen? Same with the Jedi Academy trilogy or Shadows of the Empire.

Although an offshoot series could work, I just like the idea of continuing the story. Theres a reason that almost every Star Wars novel Ive read was post-OT...I wanted to see what happens NEXT. ROTJ left me wanting more, and the novels delivered...but Id still like to see them, even in CGI, whether on the big screen or in HDTV .
Old 10-06-04, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I just heard about this news. I'm excited!
Old 04-26-05, 08:28 AM

Updated news, direct from LucasFilm. This is indeed happening:

http://theforce.net/episode3/story/C...ecap_91637.asp

Here's what we've been told officially about the upcoming live-action TV series from Lucasfilm.

* 100 episodes
* 1 hour each
* based on a spinoff character
* Lucas will direct first season
* write season one at one time
* film season one at one time
* takes place between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope
Old 04-26-05, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
More info:

The "Star Wars" movie saga is drawing to a close next month, but George Lucas says the universe he created may continue to expand on television.

Speaking at the biggest "Star Wars" convention ever held over the weekend, Lucas said he's approved the creation of two TV series to continue the franchise in the future.

"We're doing a pilot television series now called 'Clone Wars,'" Lucas told the audience at Celebration III, a huge "Star Wars" convention in Indianapolis. "Well, we're going to take that and turn it into a 3-D animated version full series."

The animated series will presumably pick up and expand the story of Cartoon Network's 2-D "Clone Wars" shorts, executive produced by Lucas and directed by "Samurai Jack" creator Genndy Tartakovsky.

The second project, Lucas says, will be a live-action series in the vein of "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles," which had a one-season run on ABC in the early 1990s. According to StarWars.com, Lucas says the show would take place in the time between the events of the forthcoming "Episode III" and the first "Star Wars" film, which follows "III" in the story's chronology.

"There's none of the main characters from I, II, and III ...," Lucas says, before pausing to correct himself. "Well, actually, that's not exactly true now that I think about it. We haven't really started the TV show, so it's hard to answer. There's a lot of issues that are connected, but you won't necessarily see a lot of the people that are connected."

Lucas expects work on the live-action series to begin in about a year. He says he'll be involved with getting the show off the ground before ceding day-to-day control to a showrunner.
Link
Old 04-26-05, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
When I first heard of this speculation, I kind of hoped it would take place after RotJ, but I think I can handle it being post-RotS. I'm still in in quasi-shock that it is actually going to happen.
Old 04-26-05, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Oh good god...star wars geeks will now never have to leave the house again!

Talk about ratings star..I wonder who is going to get a star wars series.
Old 04-26-05, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) The "Star Wars" movie saga is drawing to a close next month, but George Lucas says the universe he created may continue to expand on television.
Speaking at the biggest "Star Wars" convention ever held over the weekend, Lucas said he's approved the creation of two TV series to continue the franchise in the future.

"We're doing a pilot television series now called 'Clone Wars,'" Lucas told the audience at Celebration III, a huge "Star Wars" convention in Indianapolis. "Well, we're going to take that and turn it into a 3-D animated version full series."

The animated series will presumably pick up and expand the story of Cartoon Network's 2-D "Clone Wars" shorts, executive produced by Lucas and directed by "Samurai Jack" creator Genndy Tartakovsky.
The second project, Lucas says, will be a live-action series in the vein of "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles," which had a one-season run on ABC in the early 1990s. According to StarWars.com, Lucas says the show would take place in the time between the events of the forthcoming "Episode III" and the first "Star Wars" film, which follows "III" in the story's chronology.

"There's none of the main characters from I, II, and III ...," Lucas says, before pausing to correct himself. "Well, actually, that's not exactly true now that I think about it. We haven't really started the TV show, so it's hard to answer. There's a lot of issues that are connected, but you won't necessarily see a lot of the people that are connected."

Lucas expects work on the live-action series to begin in about a year. He says he'll be involved with getting the show off the ground before ceding day-to-day control to a showrunner.

"Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith" opens in theaters on Thursday, May 19.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

might be like that Revelations movie floating around the net
Old 04-26-05, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Oh good god...star wars geeks will now never have to leave the house again!

Talk about ratings star..I wonder who is going to get a star wars series.

Safe odds would be Fox or F/X.
Old 04-26-05, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

I would say Fox. This is going to generate the biggest numbers, even if it sucks, the network carrying it will make a ton of money. Now what day/time would you put this on vs. the current schedule of shows?
Old 04-26-05, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Cusm
I would say Fox. This is going to generate the biggest numbers, even if it sucks, the network carrying it will make a ton of money. Now what day/time would you put this on vs. the current schedule of shows?
Sunday Nights at 8/7 Central.
Old 04-26-05, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Odds are it will be on Fox..

I bet the Fox executives will drool.

Put this puppy on Wednesday's (nothing else going on fox)

Monday: 24
Tuesday: American Idol, House (House will be moved, just like 24)
Wednesdays: New star wars series
Thursday: OC
Friday: graveyard.
Old 04-26-05, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by B.A.
Sunday Nights at 8/7 Central.
Simpsons/Malcom is a pretty good block..Put it where you do not have alot of strength (9pm Wednesdays, 8pm Mondays, 9pm Thursdays)
Old 04-26-05, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 172 Posts
Wednesdays = huge conflict to me with Lost & Smallville

In fact, it's a complete sci-fi conflict all around
Old 04-26-05, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GuessWho
Wednesdays = huge conflict to me with Lost & Smallville

In fact, it's a complete sci-fi conflict all around
well thats why I didnt put it on at 8pm (Lost)

I think it would crush Smallville.

What about Thursdays at 9pm?
Old 04-26-05, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Simpsons/Malcom is a pretty good block..Put it where you do not have alot of strength (9pm Wednesdays, 8pm Mondays, 9pm Thursdays)
The ratings a new Star Wars series would bring them would prompt the network execs to move those two shows (if they are still around).
Old 04-26-05, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I would bet they try and revive the X-files friday night slot. If there was any show that would draw people back to fridays, it would be a SW show.

Place your bets. I'm in on Friday's at 8 pm.

Also the debut is fall 2006, Malcom will be gone, and 24 is iffy. Simpsons is tired. Maybe AI will have died down by then as well. Also likely that the OC audience has grown up and tired of thier show. So it could really go anywhere.

So it looks like to me Fox will need a big hit in a year and a half. This could be it.
Old 04-26-05, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
If this show goes to Fox, I don't even think that Fox executives could be able to screw up with it but then again...
Old 04-26-05, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
I would bet they try and revive the X-files friday night slot. If there was any show that would draw people back to fridays, it would be a SW show.

Place your bets. I'm in on Friday's at 8 pm.

Also the debut is fall 2006, Malcom will be gone, and 24 is iffy. Simpsons is tired. Maybe AI will have died down by then as well. Also likely that the OC audience has grown up and tired of thier show. So it could really go anywhere.

So it looks like to me Fox will need a big hit in a year and a half. This could be it.
Malcom will be gone?

They just signed the show for next season. Pretty hard to predict that a show will be gone over a year and half into the future.
Old 04-26-05, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Even odds that Fox bungles, then cancels it (see Firefly and Space AAB).
Old 04-26-05, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by chess
Even odds that Fox bungles, then cancels it (see Firefly and Space AAB).
But neither Firefly nor Space AAB had even a fraction of the fanbase Star Wars does. They could put Carrot Top in a leading role and the series would still pull in huge ratings.
Old 04-26-05, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
So will ILM be doign the SFX? That would be amazing. An HD Star Wars show.
Old 04-26-05, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Deftones
So will ILM be doign the SFX? That would be amazing. An HD Star Wars show.
Add Fox's 5.1 sound and that would be major
Old 04-26-05, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
I think we need to remember in all of this that "Young Indiana Jones" was supposed to be this blockbuster show, and when it came to ratings, no one watched the bloody thing (although I happened to think it was a decent series). Just because the name "Star Wars" is on it, don't automatically expect blockbuster ratings beyond the first episode.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.