TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Mandalorian -- Star Wars -- News, rumors, etc. -- possible spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-07, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Chew
Here I thought this was new scoop.

You bumped a thread to "ha, ha!" a nearly 2 year old exchange in which you were proven right?

Yeah. If you would have nailed All four, then thats something to brag about..you got 50% and you bump a 2 year old thread?

and 24 could have gone either way? huh? 24 was never in danger of being cancelled.
Old 01-04-07, 09:24 AM

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,131 Posts
By "two year," you folks must mean "ten months" in terms of the latest post.
Old 01-04-07, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dogmatica
By "two year," you folks must mean "ten months" in terms of the latest post.
See Page 2, post #39 (04/2005) for the start of the exchange that resulted in bumping this thread.
Old 01-04-07, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
So with the OC announcing it is done, I remembered this thread. Specifically the above innocent comment which drew such hatred. So we just finished the fall 2006 season and the OC has announced it is over, Malcom is long gone, I thought I would get a jab in since two of my predictions were right(AI's fate this season hasn't been determined, though it is doubtful it will bomb, and 24 signed Kiefer for 3 years shortly after my post). Two out of four, and 24, honestly could have gone either way. So sometimes a little logical thinking wins out.

There were others less venomous by other posters

So Deftones, this one's for you.

Wow. Just wow. Talk about pathetic. Not sure which is more pathetic. Bumping the actual thread, or remembering that you posted that stuff and had to come back to toot your own horn about being half right.
Old 01-04-07, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Cornflakeguy officially recognizes the "Ha Ha," and is sending an envoy to discuss new trade routes.
Old 01-04-07, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by Deftones
Wow. Just wow. Talk about pathetic. Not sure which is more pathetic. Bumping the actual thread, or remembering that you posted that stuff and had to come back to toot your own horn about being half right.
Any less pathetic than slammming someone over an opinion, multiple times? Then replying with another slam? I didn't expect any less.

It's all in good fun.
Old 01-04-07, 12:07 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any less pathetic than slammming someone over an opinion, multiple times? Then replying with another slam? I didn't expect any less.
I'm going to go with ^that^ being more pathetic.
Old 01-04-07, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk God

It's all in good fun.
All in good fun.

You probably had this thread bookmarked so the day The OC got canned, you could bring it back up. That's sad. I weep for you.
Old 01-07-07, 11:35 AM

Someone is being chatised for pointing out that, despite people's clammoring and chattering, they ended up actually being right? On an internet message board? Considering how often internet message boards turn into pissing matches in subjective opinion, it's rather interesting that Michael was slammed, then right, then slammed for pointing out he was right. *sigh* I guess if one is ever right, they should never point it out.
Old 01-07-07, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Someone is being chatised for pointing out that, despite people's clammoring and chattering, they ended up actually being right? On an internet message board? Considering how often internet message boards turn into pissing matches in subjective opinion, it's rather interesting that Michael was slammed, then right, then slammed for pointing out he was right. *sigh* I guess if one is ever right, they should never point it out.
Maybe you missed the part where it was like a year later he brought it up. Not like the original posts were made yesterday.
Old 01-07-07, 06:36 PM
Suspended pending providing a working email address

I really hope it's post Ep VI, because if they make it between the prequels and ANH, we'll always know what the eventual outcome will be.
Old 01-07-07, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadow
I really hope it's post Ep VI, because if they make it between the prequels and ANH, we'll always know what the eventual outcome will be.

I know, I hated Rome and Band of Brothers, I mean what is the point, and that Titanic movie - please.
Old 01-08-07, 10:09 AM

Maybe you missed the part where it was like a year later he brought it up. Not like the original posts were made yesterday.
No, I didn't miss it. In fact, that's fairly irrelevant. I'm not sure how a correct prediction from a year ago is any less valid than one made ten minutes ago. He was right, despite any chastising he received. Perhaps it's time for some folks to swallow some pride and eat crow.
Old 01-08-07, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk God

No, I didn't miss it. In fact, that's fairly irrelevant. I'm not sure how a correct prediction from a year ago is any less valid than one made ten minutes ago. He was right, despite any chastising he received. Perhaps it's time for some folks to swallow some pride and eat crow.
So you don't find it absolutely pathetic that he bothered to either:

a) search for a thread that's a year old
b) use his bookmarked link to come back to the thread

so he could toot his own horn? I find both equally pathetic, and others have indicated the same. Enjoy the loneliness.
Old 01-08-07, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Cusm
I know, I hated Rome and Band of Brothers, I mean what is the point, and that Titanic movie - please.
titanic was a bad choice
other than winslet's tits that movie blew
Old 01-09-07, 05:47 PM

So you don't find it absolutely pathetic that he bothered to either:

a) search for a thread that's a year old
b) use his bookmarked link to come back to the thread

so he could toot his own horn? I find both equally pathetic, and others have indicated the same. Enjoy the loneliness.
Here's what I find pathetic:

1. He made a prediction you didn't like, so you ripped on him.
2. His prediction turned out to be correct, so you ripped on him.
3. He brought his prediction to light in the timeline which you told him he should "feel free" to do so, so you ripped on him.
4. He was right and you were wrong, so you ripped on him.
5. He did a search for a thread instead of starting a new one like n00bs do, so you ripped on him.

That's what I find pathetic.
Old 01-09-07, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by mikehunt
titanic was a bad choice
other than winslet's tits that movie blew

I should have put that is [sarcasm], and I as for Titanic, I actually heard people use this excuse for not watching it - not that I am suggesting anyone do so.
Old 01-09-07, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

geez.... mod please delete these posts... it has nothing to do with the thread
Old 01-10-07, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow. Just wow. Someone doesn't like being wrong!
Old 05-01-07, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Finally. Some news. Not good news, but news nonetheless. From IGN.

A couple highlights:
In a recent interview with Dutch Star Wars portal ToscheStation.nl, Rick McCallum painted a disappointing picture of the show's current status. When asked about casting for the series, he replied, "I can't tell you anything about actors because we're not there yet. This is a long process to get it right. First of all: where are we going to shoot? Then: who's going to write? And finally: who's going to direct? George has been working for the last seven, eight months on the story arc line of where the series goes."
What kind of time-frame can we expect, then, for the Star Wars TV series? McCallum is currently hoping to shoot the first episode by the end of 2008, allowing the show to make it to broadcast in 2009.
ouch!
Old 05-01-07, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Any news if this is going to be on cable for Fox? Fox needs a hit, as most likely 24 will be gone by 09.
Old 05-01-07, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Back in 1997 or 1998, McCallum mentioned that they were "working on" lots of Young Indy documentaries to include on "future formats" (DVD hadn't yet taken off and Lucasfilm was always a bit skeptical of DVD).

10 years later, they're apparently still working on them (McCallum just mentioned them a few weeks back) and they haven't hit DVD yet.

This group has a history of discussing stuff that hasn't even left the drawing board yet. They officially confirmed the show on Sept. 9, 2004 and it sounds like all that's been done is Lucas spending a bit of free time thinking about what the show will be about. No locations, no casting, no logistics, not even a single script. For a 100-episode show.

In May 2005, Lucasfilm's president said the following in an interview:
"He's letting go," Chau said in an interview at Big Rock Ranch, another of the company's offices in the rolling hills of rural west Marin County. Lucas has already hired a handful of writers and directors to work on two new "Star Wars" television projects, she said. "Part of George letting go is saying, 'There's all these great stories to tell, and I don't have to tell all the stories.' For the sake of the business, you don't want him to tell all the stories," she said. "You want to bring in a bench of talent.
http://www.theforce.net/swtv/story/L...ries_92577.asp

That's a good gig... being hired 2 years ago as a writer or director when there's no scripts written and nothing to direct.

It'll be a miracle if this airs in 2009. I'm filing this whole show in the "I'll believe it when I see it" category.
Old 05-01-07, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The ultimate laugher would be five+ years of development and Fox cancels it after 3 low-rated episodes shuffled all around their schedule.
Old 05-01-07, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts
the series soundtrack will feature songs from Chinese Democracy
Old 05-01-07, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Star Wars: The Buckethead Chronicles

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.