DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Mandalorian -- Star Wars -- News, rumors, etc. -- possible spoilers (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/607853-mandalorian-star-wars-news-rumors-etc-possible-spoilers.html)

Bacon 05-10-05 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by kaisersoze
SPAM removed.

dammit I missed all the fun :(

Michael Corvin 05-10-05 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Canadian Bacon
dammit I missed all the fun :(

It was just a link to d/l the Paris Hilton vid. Nothing that hasn't been seen before.

You can dislike Kev's work ethics, but you always read about how fun it is working on one of his sets.

Morf 05-12-05 02:34 PM

More tidbits:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=9563

Australian newspaper The Daily Telegraph caught up with "Star Wars" creator George Lucas and producer Rick McCallum and asked about the upcoming TV series. Lucas confirmed that the tie-in series will be made in Sydney. He praised the city, where Episodes I and II of the franchise were filmed. "I am looking forward to coming back and working there some more," he said.

The live action show, consisting of 100 hour-long episodes, will be based on minor characters in the "Star Wars" series. "It's a spin-off, it doesn't involve any of the key characters. It's a different world unto itself between episodes three ['Revenge of the Sith'] and four ['A New Hope']."

McCallum confirmed the series was "definite as definite can be," although they will still have to work out the timing. "It's a definite that we do it - the rest we haven't discussed on any level."

He added that "George is thinking maybe we can do a series somewhere between Episode III and IV because that's the longest break [in the film series], 20 years. The Death Star takes 20 years to build, so we need to work that out."

McCallum says the series would use Sydney actors, directors and crew. Lucasfilm is also planning a separate 3D half-hour version of the "Clone Wars" animated series that have aired on Cartoon Network.

Shady12 05-13-05 04:43 PM

Hmm this time period between 2 of the movies is the least interesting for me..I'd rather it be way before the movies, or after Ep. 6.. Watching something knowing what will happen in the world(if it was way before it wouldn't be like that..would be more like watching ancient history which I find interesting) in the middle of a story won't be that interesting to me.

Josh H 05-13-05 05:49 PM

Well, it sounds like the series isn't going to focus on any main charcters or what happens in the world so much as just being a side story taking place inbetween 3 and 4.

Draven 05-14-05 01:57 PM

The best part is that the FX should be top notch. Lucas probably doesn't give a shit how much each episode costs.

I'm really looking forward to this!

Shady12 05-14-05 06:02 PM

So..100 episodes. How many seasons do you think it runs? 5 20 episode seasons? 4 25 episode seasons?

spainlinx0 05-14-05 06:39 PM

I would rather have 5 of 20. Too many episodes, and the writing will most likely suffer. I would prefer Kevin Smith not direct any of the episodes, and I'm actually a fan. Stick him to the writing.

Morf 05-23-05 08:35 AM

http://comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=9719

http://www.tvtome.com/images/people/14/9/23-28361.jpg

Australia's Sunday Herald Sun is reporting that Matt Newton is being eyed for a role in Lucasfilm's new live-action "Star Wars" TV series that will span 100 episodes.

The newspaper says Newton was originally Lucas' second choice to play Anakin Skywalker in the three prequels, but Lucas settled on Hayden Christensen for the role.

Lucasfilm has apparently done an "availability check" on Newton for the planned spin-off TV series to be filmed in Sydney. Newton is the son of legendary Australian TV entertainer Bert "Moonface" Newton.
What do you think? He's older than that picture above would lead you to believe (4 years older than Hayden Christiansen). Will he be playing a Jedi Knight that (Episode III spoiler)
Spoiler:
survives the Jedi purge (Order 66)?

Josh-da-man 05-23-05 10:16 AM

A young Han Solo? :)

Or maybe a Han Solo-type character?

Spoiler:
From what I've read, Aayla Secura will be in the series in some capacity. Maybe the series will revolve around the last surviving Jedi (minus Obi Wan and Yoda)? Or a Jedi or Jedis who join up with a group of smugglers or something, kind of like "Firefly?"

Cusm 05-23-05 11:12 AM

With 100 episodes promised maybe they need to jump around the galaxies a little, cover several stories and people.

superdeluxe 05-23-05 11:39 AM

Who is
Spoiler:
Aayla Secura

Chew 05-23-05 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Who is
Spoiler:
Aayla Secura

Spoiler Link

Morf 05-23-05 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Spoiler:
From what I've read, Aayla Secura will be in the series in some capacity. Maybe the series will revolve around the last surviving Jedi (minus Obi Wan and Yoda)? Or a Jedi or Jedis who join up with a group of smugglers or something, kind of like "Firefly?"

I know it was mentioned back in April that this character may appear, but
Spoiler:
isn't that going to be pretty hard, as she was wasted by Clone Troopers in Episode III?

bboisvert 05-23-05 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Spoiler:
From what I've read, Aayla Secura will be in the series in some capacity.

Spoiler:
That rumor was started by the actress herself at Celebration III... she just basically said "You don't see me die in RotS, so maybe I'll be in the TV show!".

However, having seen RotS, I'm not sure I understand her definition of "don't see me die". I think it's pretty clear that her character is toast.

superdeluxe 05-23-05 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Chew

Spoiler:
I thought she died?

Morf 05-23-05 01:30 PM

Spoiler:
I thought she died?

Read the posts just above yours.

superdeluxe 05-24-05 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Morf
Read the posts just above yours.

Spoiler:
Did we truly see her bite the dust? I dont remember

LorenzoL 05-24-05 10:08 AM

Spoiler:
Did we truly see her bite the dust? I dont remember

Spoiler:
Yes. She was shot several times by the clone troopers.

raven56706 05-24-05 10:47 AM

Spoiler:
but maybe just maybe, she was just a clone... rotfl.... nah.... she was roadkill

superdeluxe 05-24-05 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
Spoiler:
Yes. She was shot several times by the clone troopers.

Spoiler:
Would have been nice to see some continuity between episode three and this show...maybe some other unnamed character..(padme's hand maiden maybe?)..or the droids?

RyoHazuki 05-24-05 03:14 PM

I think they should do a Band of Brothers-esque thing. Make it a mini-series and let a famous director take each installment.

Cusm 05-24-05 04:44 PM

Will they have any reason to show anymore fighting with the clones? Is the clone war officially over, how long before the rebellion starts?

JTH182 05-25-05 02:06 AM

The Clone Wars are over
Spoiler:
Palpatine ordered the immediate shut down of all droid armies, which is why we don't see any in the OT

Cameron 05-25-05 02:36 AM

i think the rebellion started with Jimmy Smitts in E3...as soon as Palpatine declares himself the emperor.