DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Mandalorian -- Star Wars -- News, rumors, etc. -- possible spoilers (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/607853-mandalorian-star-wars-news-rumors-etc-possible-spoilers.html)

funkyryno 02-23-21 03:21 PM

Re: The Mandalorian -- Star Wars -- News, rumors, etc. -- possible spoilers

I agree that she was a pretty terrible actress with very little on-screen charisma, but her bulk at least made her believable in the role. Few Hollywood actresses fit that bill physically.

Tom Banjo 02-23-21 05:26 PM

I’m not into “thicc” ladies, so I guess I’d ultimately rather suspend disbelief and pretend someone like Kat McNamara can kick ass as Green Arrow, rather than have all the women in the action shows I like being built like wrestlers.

DJariya 05-22-21 12:59 PM

https://tv.avclub.com/mandalorian-sp...content=avclub

Rangers of the New Republic is no longer in active development.

Translation= It's basically dead.

Deftones 05-22-21 02:03 PM

I wonder if they will try to re-focus the show on new characters eventually.

Mike86 05-22-21 04:38 PM

The cancellation of Rangers of the New Republic seemed imminent once Gina was fired. Can’t say I’m too upset as I don’t really feel like Cara Dune needed a series anyways and worked fine as a side character.

Josh-da-man 05-22-21 06:27 PM

I really don't see Gina Carano being able to play the lead in a series. She's okay in small doses as a side character (like Cara Dune or whoever she played in Deadpool), but she just can't act.

They should retool the series with a new character, or Hera Syndulla in the lead.

Jason 05-22-21 06:30 PM

Rangers of the New Republic seemed forced anyhow. Like they had to make a vehicle for their only strong female lead. I thought we were getting a Rogue Squadron movie(?) anyhow. How would this be any different?

Mike86 05-22-21 07:08 PM

I would think the Rogue Squadron film would follow the Rebel Alliance more from the perspective of pilots.

milo bloom 05-22-21 09:22 PM

Yeah, Hera Syndulla is right there, just give us that.

DJariya 06-09-21 06:30 PM

https://collider.com/the-mandalorian...NL-EMpznmVa4t4

The Mandalorian's 3rd season will likely not go into production until late 2021 or early 2022 and air in late 2022. It's stages are currently in use for Obi-Wan

The Book of Boba Fett has wrapped it's season and is expected to air this December.

dex14 06-09-21 08:00 PM

johnnysd 06-12-21 11:29 AM

To be honest I would just like a Star Wars series set in a different time with all new characters. Way too much retread in these series. That said I liked the Mandalorian a lot but to be honest I am not sure it should continue. Seems to have told it's story.

Mike86 06-12-21 02:11 PM

In a way I agree that The Mandalorian could almost be finished after the season two finale. It wrapped up the main story in a nice and satisfying way.

There are some loose ends and I imagine season three will be focused more on Mandalore and who the rightful ruler is.

I like the show and am curious to see how it will move forward. Especially with Grogu taken out of the picture (though I imagine he’ll get worked in somehow).

ben12 06-13-21 10:59 AM

They better film more with Grogu before the actor gets too old to play a baby.

jpcamb 06-13-21 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by ben12 (Post 13944919)
They better film more with Grogu before the actor gets too old to play a baby.

Nah, they will just de-age him if they need to do flashbacks. Not a major concern.

ben12 06-13-21 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by jpcamb (Post 13944948)
Nah, they will just de-age him if they need to do flashbacks. Not a major concern.

I hope they can do better than they did with Luke! He looked blank-faced, like only his mouth could move as if it was controlled by robotic motors.

Cellar Door 06-13-21 04:04 PM

Oof, remember that bad younger Yoda puppet they originally had in The Phantom Menace?

slop101 06-13-21 05:17 PM

I wonder if we'll get more desert planets!

Jason 06-14-21 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by slop101 (Post 13945049)
I wonder if we'll get more desert planets!

I want to see a planet with more than one biome.

jpcamb 06-14-21 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jason (Post 13945343)
I want to see a planet with more than one biome.

that was probably the most interesting thing about the Jar-Jar storyline how there were several biomes in his world and that Jar-Jar could be in either of them.

DJariya 11-25-21 06:36 PM

https://comicbook.com/starwars/news/...ngly-scrapped/

Apparently the Rangers of the new republic series has been scrapped.

Jason 11-25-21 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by jpcamb (Post 13944948)

They'll just make Shuri the new Baby Yoda.

Rodney2187 11-28-21 09:11 AM

The Mandalorian is my absolute favorite by several orders of magnitude. I grew up with the Original Trilogy and watching Battlestar Galactica and Buck Rogers. There's something special about the communal experience of a movie theater with the gigantic screen and immersive sound accompanied by the smell of popcorn. But there's also something to be said for the more intimate experience of a series coming directly into your home on a weekly basis. I always wanted a live-action Star Wars series as a kid. Over four decades later, we finally got one, and it did not disappoint. I love every aspect of it from the writing and cinematography to the absolutely amazing score by Ludwig Goransson. The Mandalorian just delivers exactly what I like.

dex14 03-18-22 05:50 PM

GoldenJCJ 03-18-22 06:14 PM

That’s cool. How many actors have been of the Star Wars universe and the Star Trek universe?